Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever enjoyed being punched in the face?

• 13-05-2012 12:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Just thinking back to when I was a kid getting in to fights, I've got to say I liked the pain afterwards. Whether its a fat lip or black eye. I think the adrenalin of a fight has something to do with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've never been punched in the face but I'm guessing I wouldn't be too keen on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Yeah, by FacePuncher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

I was a good little boy, I never got punched in the face so I don't know how it feels.....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A few times by adults. A mutitude of times from my daughter!

Yep, had a brown belt in Kenpo when I was younger so I definitely had the odd punch/kick to the face! Thoroughly enjoyable :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It wasn't enjoyable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Op you have a weird fetish

Yep, had a brown belt in Kenpo when I was younger so I definitely had the odd punch/kick to the face! Thoroughly enjoyable :D

I will never argue with you again.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I've got to say I liked the pain afterwards

Keep opening **** threads and you won't like it anymore....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Only happened to me once. It was a scuffle at a GAA match and I'm afraid I was too busy trying to find the guy who did it to savour the feeling of being punched in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Only if it was from Deirdre O'Kane while recreating that bedroom scene from intermission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I remember getting into a fight in primary school with this lad who would fight with everyone. My jaw wasn't the same for a good while. So no, it was not fun at all.

galwayrush wrote: »
    I will never argue with you again.....:pac:

Don't worry. I haven't kicked anyone in about 15 years :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

I broke my ankle and after a sudden pain i did actually feel pleasure and the adrenalin kicked in.As for punching in the face when i get hit i get angry and cant feel any pain when im like that but as soon as the anger goes i feel all ouchy.

Yeah, but it's probably like riding a bike, you never forget.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yeah but when was the last time you punched someone??? ;)

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

No.

I did once see someone on a load of yokes get punched in the face, and he went into Taz the Tazmanian Devil mode. Maybe it was the rush of blood or something like that. He may have liked it.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's probably like riding a bike, you never forget.....:D

The hitting part is grand but the blocking part ain't so good, I'd be hit fairly quick I'd say!
    kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah but when was the last time you punched someone??? ;)

<_<
    >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

<_<
    >_>

*moves backwards slowly making no sudden movements*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

To take a punch one must become the punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I remember when I was a kid and getting punched right in the eye ball, went home and put a lump of steak in it and then I got another one for ruining my old mans dinner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I got headbutted once and no I didn't like the pain afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Well, twas better than getting a flick to the ball sack. The flick of death I call it. Once you get the a flick to the balls the pain goes from your balls to the bottom of your stomach. That nice at all. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Nope, guy punched me seven times full on in the face when I refused to stand and fight him. I never even had a black eye; I think he lost some respect from the whole year that day. Wailing on someone who didn't want to fight and not leaving a mark... it was pretty pathetic. He ended up expelled for throwing a table at someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I'd loved the adrenaline rush and always the got the same rush when playing against a football team who were only interested in kicking lumps off you. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

The reason that getting hit can feel good is that the body produces endorphins when you're in pain, same reason why people get addicted to cutting themselves. They get a 'buzz' off the endorphin releases. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I got headbutted once and no I didn't like the pain afterwards.

Horrible feeling, the only time I was in a row and was completely taken out of commission. Couldn't even get up to defend myself or run for a minute or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

My reactions to pain seem to be a bit off, I tend to end up laughing my ass of if something hurts. I have over the years taken plenty of hits to my face what with various martial arts tournaments and general sparring, I tend to find the funny side of trying to fight on once my eyes start watering up effectively blinding me or just laughing at myself if it's one of the kids who managed to get the shot in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

OP, do you have a mate called Tyler Durden?

• Advertisement
Advertisement