Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not all on this points score were offered places

• 13-05-2012 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Occupational Therapy Tcd

Year Points
    2011 500 * (Not all on this points score were offered places)
    2010 495 * (Not all on this points score were offered places)
    2009 495 * (Not all on this points score were offered places)

I'm just trying to get me head around this. I can't see any interview or anything so just wondering what they mean by above and how is it decided who gets on course? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It's random selection of all the people on those points, sadly! So say the cutoff is 495*, and there are 10 students with 495 points and 6 more places to allocate... 6 students are randomly selected (it doesn't have anything to do with how soon you apply to CAO or anything), and they will get an offer, and the unlucky 4 won't (but may be offered it in second or subsequent rounds).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

shinesun wrote: »
    Occupational Therapy Tcd

Year Points
    2011 500 * (Not all on this points score were offered places)
    2010 495 * (Not all on this points score were offered places)
    2009 495 * (Not all on this points score were offered places)

I'm just trying to get me head around this. I can't see any interview or anything so just wondering what they mean by above and how is it decided who gets on course? Thanks

It means only a couple of people got in with 500 points in 2011. Basically, you'd need at least 10/15 points over the minimum to guarantee your place.

Advertisement