Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replaced cracked iP4 screen but I think it's broke.

• 13-05-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just replaced a cracked screen on my old iPhone 4. Followed all the instructions correctly from a YouTube video but when I turned it it on after re-assembly, I was met with this. Anyone know if the new screen is faulty or have I forgotten to re-connect a cable somewhere or something?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just replaced a cracked screen on my old iPhone 4. Followed all the instructions correctly from a YouTube video but when I turned it it on after re-assembly, I was met with this. Anyone know if the new screen is faulty or have I forgotten to re-connect a cable somewhere or something?

Cheers.

Looks like a dud screen to me unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for the reply. The guy I bought it off said he'd send me a replacement so all is not lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Duff wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. The guy I bought it off said he'd send me a replacement so all is not lost.

The screen is fine, looks like you need a digitiser as well. It's the LCD screen beneath the glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The LCD and glass are one unit on the iPhone 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

it's a common mistake made by people that don't put the screws in the proper order. You put on the lover screw in the wrong hole and broke the screen from the inside out.

• Advertisement

mihau wrote: »
    it's a common mistake made by people that don't put the screws in the proper order. You put on the lover screw in the wrong hole and broke the screen from the inside out.

Which screw is that?

What people usually do is put screw no1 in the screw no2 slot or screw no3 in the screw nr2 slot. The screw no2 slot does not have an end to the bottom of the slot so even 0.1mm can damage the screen.

mihau wrote: »
    What people usually do is put screw no1 in the screw no2 slot or screw no3 in the screw nr2 slot. The screw no2 slot does not have an end to the bottom of the slot so even 0.1mm can damage the screen.

Oh right! So I take it that the smallest screw goes into no2?

it's the screw that looks like 3 but a little bit shorter.

Advertisement