Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Tuner Card advice

Options
  • 13-05-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Looking into getting a tv tuner for my PC but I dont know too much about them. My motherboard is an ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 so it should be compatible with most cards. We have a sky digital dish if that matters but I dunno I'm a noob at this stuff. Any questions or advice is appriciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I don't know much about TV tuners, but I'd say you'll get plenty of advice on the HTPC forum:

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=643

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Looking into getting a tv tuner for my PC but I dont know too much about them. My motherboard is an ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 so it should be compatible with most cards. We have a sky digital dish if that matters but I dunno I'm a noob at this stuff. Any questions or advice is appriciated thanks

I'm using a Hauppauge HVR-3000 tri mode tuner card (Analogue, DVB-T, DVB-S) using it with DVB Viewer Pro software as the software that was/is supplied with this card was pretty much a dog to use. I think this card may be discontinued but there is a replacement product the HVR-4400 which is HD compatible. I've been using the HVR-3000 for the past four years and never had any serious problems with it, it works very well with DVB Viewer Pro and has excellent recording capabilities. (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr4400.html

HVR-4400 available here
    (http://www.amazon.de/Hauppauge-HVR-4400-WinTV-Card-DVB-T/dp/B003DKUFJK/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1336920484&sr=1-1)

I've a FTA system and connecting both Satellite and Terrestrial cables to the card I get the UK FTA channels and our own Saorview DVB-T channels using DVB Viewer Pro. Hope that helps

Advertisement