Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3: Week 4 results

Options
  • 13-05-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

New York Giants 34 - 31 Washington Redskins.

A beautiful aftrenoon in the nations capital as the NFC East rivals kicked off. This game last season was the 'Skins head coaches first game in charge and it was a one sided result in favour of the gmen. Not this time. The Redskins roared out to a 14-0 lead. Mark Ingram scapmered in from award out to cap an impressive drive that saw Mike WIlliams and Kevin Kolb connecting on a long pass.

The Giants were unable to do anything on their first posession and they were punished. This time Manningham was at the end of a 16 yard pass from Kolb. The Giants finally got moving but only came away with afield goal. the Giants D was caught napping waiting for the halftime whistle as Kolb and Williams combined again for another long pass that put the Skins in field goal position with Rob Bironas put away with ease.

Halftime 17-3 Washington.

The Giants finally got moving in the second half with their run game finally getting some traction. Mendenhall ran in from 22 yards out to give the visitors hope.

That was dashed almost straight away as the Redskins showed the can get it done on tHe ground too as Taiwan Jones Broke off a near 40 yard run brushing of NY tackles as he went. The Giants GM was less tHen impressed.

The main reason for the Giants struggles was the Redskins delineate, which was immense. Luis Castillo was was a washed out 3-4 LE has found a new lease of life in the Skins new 4-3 scheme at DT. He sacked Brees 3 times.

Into the fourth quarter and the Giants are 24-10 down. the Giants decide to focus on the ground game, seeing how Brees has had the stuffing knocked out of him. The carries are being shared between Mendenhall and Lamothe. Lamothe gets the ball into the end zone from 2 yards out to cap a drive that had the GM happy. 50 min to go and The Giants need turnovers.

The next 2 minutes turn the game on its head. the Redskins Try passing from deep in their own half but 2 interceptions fro Randall Gay and Chris Owens get the Giants back in with a shout. The Ints become points with another TD for Mendenhall and a blown tackle allowed Julius Thomas in to make the score 31- 24 Giants.

The drama wasn't over yet another blown tackle allows a short pass to Shipley turns into a 73 yard TD pass. 31-31 with 1.49 to go.

The Giants remain calm and drive down the field. The Redskins had used their time outs so were unable to slow the Giants. Billy Cundiff then redeems himself for past digressions and converts as time expires.

If all the division games are going to be like this I may have to leave. I can't take it!!

Nerd was gracious in defeat, after me telling him I was lucky with the picks (which I was). He told me that you make your own luck. Thanks for the game, it was epic. See you in week 9.

This division is gonna be so tough to get out of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Shootout in the Superdome earlier this morning. Coming off a bye week, the Bucs took their high powered offense to Louisiana to take on the Saints.

After putting up 52 points on the Cowboys in weeks 2, the Bucs took little time jumping out to a commanding 24-0 lead in the first quarter. Some sloppy play in the second quarter gifted the Saints a glimmer of hope but a few late TD passes left the score 52-17 at the half.

3rd quarter saw the Bucs take their foot off the gas allowing QB Nacho (Mark Sanchez) to march the Saints into the redzone on 4 occasions with rookie WR Kilgore regularly getting behind the Bucs secondary. However, the 4 journeys led to a Sanchezesque 3 ints and 1 FG. Following on from the Saints impotency, Matt Forte broke off a long run to leave the score 59-20 after 3.

The 4th quarter began with neither defense exerting any pressure on the opposing QBs and combing that with a healthy does of comical tackling mixed with a sprinkling of coverage breakdowns. All in all, it meant the crowd were treated to an additional 6 TDs to leave the final score 87-37.

A few notable stats:

- Freeman and QB Nacho combined for 1,118 passing yards
    - Bucs won the turnover battle 7 - 2
    - Saints won time of possession by over 10 minutes
    - Roddy White and Julio Jones had a combined stat line of 11 receptions, 460 yards, 7 TDs
    - Michael Crabtree and Kilgore had a combined stat line of 15 receptions, 362 yards, 3 TDs
    - It was not a good day to be a defensive back

MOTM:
    Rookie CB Rango Carroll had 3 ints and Roddy White had nearly 300 yards receiving to go with 4TDs but for setting an NFL record 665 passing yards and 7 TD passes, Josh Freeman was the MVP

Goat of the game:
    A week after winning MVP, Jashtun Rucker (TE) is the goat of the game for accumulating an astonishing 8 (yes 8!!!) credited drops. With Jacob Tamme out injured for a further 6 weeks, the Bucs may be diving back into free agency to find a new pass catching TE. A batch of Loctite is being shipped to 1 Buc Place as we speak!!!

Outlook:
    The Bucs move to 3-0. If the Falcons cannot beat the Cowboys then Tampa Bay will hold a commanding 3 game lead over the rest of the NFC South.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nearly 1200 yards :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm an idiot. i thought you had both QBs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

nearly 1200 yards :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

A defensive masterclass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Seahawks 14 - Vikings 3

Windy day for this one...10mph cross wind

Vikings got the ball to start - almost held to a 3 and out... but Seahawks managed to fumble the punt return giving Vikings great field position. Luckily they only came away with a Field Goal.

Seahawks charged down field after the return, but missed a 40yard FG attempt.
    This followed another 3 and out for vikings... and again Seahawks missed a long FG attempt at the 56yard mark.

Vikings held to a few more 3 N outs - Bradys arm was all over place, only making just over 50% of his pass attempts and sacked 5 times.

No score in the 2nd and 3rd quarters for either team - Seahawks defense playing well with their new additions playing a valuable role.

Finally with 4 mins to go Seahawks cross the line with a pass to Hillis.
    after let another 3 N Out for Vikings Seahawks power back down field and Hillis gets in for another TD (rushing this time)

Key Stats
    Peyton Hillis rushed for 130 yards (2 TDs)
    New boy Roy Williams receiving for 68yrds from 4 receptions

That's all folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

etloveslsd wrote: »
    If all the division games are going to be like this I may have to leave. I can't take it!!

Myself and Empacher's game during the week came down a last second FG too. Some of the NFC East games it's absolutely madness how close they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Paully D wrote: »
    Myself and Empacher's game during the week came down a last second FG too. Some of the NFC East games it's absolutely madness how close they are.

I was never worried :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Ari Huge Quail

hehe the nfc east is gona be fun this year great game against the giants and sounds like the cowboys eagles was the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

A lot of hype around this one, the Bills making a separate thread for a preview.

Quarter 1
    The Ravens won the toss and received the ball. They spent 5 minutes driving the ball to the Ravens 4, where they were stopped on 4th and goal. The Raiders took over and in a couple of plays DeAngelo Bell took it 86 yards. On the next drive the Ravens threw an interception to Storm Foreman I think it was. After a few plays Matt Hill threw a 41 yard pass to Johnny Knox on the streak to end the quarter. 14-0 to the Raiders

Quarter 2
    The Ravens started off the quarter with another interception, this time to Lawrence Timmons. Soon enough Matt Hill threw a 28 yard pass to Johnny Knox. The Ravens went on a long drive that ended with a Michael Bush TD run. 21-7 to the Raiders. The Raiders were driving downfield until DeAngelo Bell fumbled the ball. The Ravens, however, threw another interception, this time to William Moore. The Raiders got to the Ravens 30 with a few seconds left and could either spike or chance a deep pass. Greg Olsen was open deep but was tackled at the 3 yard line to end the half.

Quarter 3
    The Raiders started off (and nearly finished it too) with a 7 minute drive that ended with a sack of Matt Hill on 3rd down and a FG. 24-7 to the Raiders. On the first play of the Ravens next drive Michael Bush, with help from 2 key blocks well ahead of the line of scrimmage, ran it 84 yards for the score. 24-14 to the Raiders.

Quarter 4
    The Raiders went on a long drive that ended with a 2 yard run on a goalline toss by DeAngelo Bell. 31-14. Over the next few minutes the Ravens threw interceptions to Sheldon Martin, Lawrence Timmons and William Moore and Sammy Morris fumbled. The Raiders kicked a field goal and the Ravens went 4 and out and the Raiders won 34-14.

Stats:
    Matt Hill 152.1 rating, 12-17, 312 yards, 2 TDs no interceptions
    Jake Locker 17.5 rating, 9-26, 163 yards, 0 TDs 6 interceptions

DeAngelo Bell 187 yards and 2 TDs off 23 attempts with a lost fumble
    Michael Bush 147 yards and 2 TDs off 18 attempts

Greg Olsen 5 receptions for 92 yards
    Johnny Knox 4 receptions for 157 yards and 2 TDs
    DeAngelo Bell 1 catch for 16 yards
    Louis Murphy 1 catch for 26 yards
    Santez Beasley 1 catch for 21 yards
    Jordan Cameron 2 drops
    Bear Pascoe 4 catches for 39 yards
    Brandon LaFell 3 catches for 77 yards
    Dezmon Briscoe 1 catch for 30 yards
    Jason Witten 1 catch for 17 yards

Austen Lane 1 sack
    Lawrence Timmons 2 interceptions, a monster hit on Michael Bush that forced a dropped pass and the MVP award
    William Moore 2 interceptions
    Storm Foreman 2 interceptions
    Sheldon Martin one interception
    Johnson and Goff had a sack each for the Ravens

Note: Jake Locker missed 2 wide open touchdowns for the Ravens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bears @ Titans
    Bears win the toss and elect to kick

MJD warms up up with 2 short runs and then breaks off a 66 yard run for a TD.

Then former Titans RB Leshoure fumbles.. Titans recover it but the Bears challenge and its overturned....
    Then Leshoure gets the ball again and goes up the middle he gets hammered and fumbles and the Titans recover.
    Titans ground it out with MJD for a TD.

0-14 Titans

Bears get the ball but the Titans D stops them with a Willis tackle for loss and then a sack.

Titans move it well into the redzone but then struggle and kick a FG.

0-17 Titans with 5 in the half
    The Bears get a couple of first downs but another sack leads to a punt.
    Titans have a very quick 3 and out and the Bears get the ball back iside the 2 min mark.
    However things do not go well for the Bears, they throw a pick 6 to Vontae Davis who goes 42 yards for the TD

0-24 Titans
    Bears close out the half with a FG.

3-24 Titans @ HT Bears to get the ball.

Titans D steps up with a sack and tackle for loss leaving the bears on 3rd and 29 they dont complete a deep pass and punt it away.

Bears D steps up and forces a sack and fumble and they recover on the Titans 27 yard line.
    Titans make a tough goal line stand on the 1 yard line and it forces a FG.

6-24 Titans

Schaub gets sacked and fumbles again (im pressing the fcuking button to throw it!!)
    Bears get a short TD

13-24 Titans

MJD then weaves 83 yards into the end zone.

13-31 Titans

Then the Bears go long to around the 5 yard line, it hit 3 players and bounces into the hands of a WR! crazy stuff:D

Bears go for the toss and get in for a TD,

20-31 and there's a lot of game left.
    Titans get forced to punt on their next possession

Start of the 4th Q and its 20-31 Titans to punt

Leshoure fumbles...Bears challenge and it's over turned again!
    Bears move it to the redzone.. but then throw a pick 6 to McBath who takes it 98 yards to the house

20-38 Titans
    Time is going against the Bears and Manning gets sacked.
    Schaub is having a terrible game and throws a crazy int.
    Manning, side steps a tackle excellently and throws a TD.

27-38 Titans with 3:33 in the game

MJD struggling now and the Titans punt with 2:46 in the game and the Bears with 1 TO remaining.

Bears go deep over the middle and their oddly tall WR hauls it in at the 2 yard line.. however tragedy! The bears throw an int to Quicy Black.
    Then MJD takes it 96 yards to the house.

27-45 Titans

Bears go deep again and they come down with it inside the redzone.

Bears score

34-45 Titans with a minute to go

Titans kneel it out.

Fantastic game Paddy.
    At the end of the half i thought i was in a for a run out the clock performance but the sacks and ints on my part let you get the scores you needed.
    Some unfortunate errors which resulted in 2 TDs were the difference.

Some Stats:
    The team stats seem.... weird.. it says i only had 119 rushing yards yet MJD from his TDs had 253 from his 4 TDs alone.

Scahub had a poor game 3 from 10 with 50 yards 0 TDs and 1 int.
    Manning had a rating of 69, 20 from 48 438 yards, 3 TDs, 3 Ints

MJD had 23 carries, 351 yards, 4 TDs
    Leshoure had 14 carries, 29 yards and 1 TD

Bears dominate the receiving stats
    Bowe and Williams getting 128 and 117 yards respectively and Williams getting a TD.
    Whitney and Miller also getting a TD each.

Despite the scoreline this was a defensive master class

6 sacks (4 Titans & 2 Bears)
    4 ints (3 Titans & 1 Bears)
    3 Fumbles (1 Titans & 2 Bears)
    2 defensive TDs for the Titans.

A great shootout Paddy

MJD on nearly 1000 yards.. the next nearest HB on under 400.. i see a breakout season for him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

MJD on nearly 1000 yards.. the next nearest HB on under 400.. i see a breakout season for him...

Breakout? Like that time he lead the league in yards on the ground and catches?

matthew8 wrote: »
    Breakout? Like that time he lead the league in yards on the ground and catches?

Well... in 4 games
    he's gotten 40% of his yardage total of last year (rushing)
    25% of his rushing TDs (so a similar stat)

He's already matched the 3 receiving TDs of last year.. (though that does seem low)

I think he's going to get over 3500 rushing yards this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys 38-6 Falcons

Dallas finally get the win they've been after for a couple of weeks here with a good victory over Atlanta.

The original game was finely poised at 10-7 to Dallas with Mebane picking up possession from a fumble inside their own 10, but the game cut off and had to be restarted.

The restarted game started off closely, with Atlanta taking a 6-3 lead (the PAT was missed) after offseason target for the Cowboys Todd Heap carried in from a yard.

The Dallas team got a long coming rollocking from the general manager at the end of the 1st quarter as he finally snapped, and they finally put together a performance which has been hiding since a playoff defeat last season.

A long drive which took a lot of time off the clock saw Manning hit Ochocinco on a streak to bring Dallas in front 10-6. Romo seemed to fall apart from here though, throwing two INT's in the final minute of the half. The first was thrown with around a minute left and resulted in Bradshaw eventually carrying in from 5 yards. The second was thrown on the final play of the half with 2 seconds left, Romo threw wide and there was new signing AC O'Neal to pick it off and run 20 yards into the end zone. Half time score 24-6 Dallas.

The third quarter seen Romo throw another INT and Dallas use a combination of their HB's to burst through for yards and keep the clock and chains moving. Rookie HB Wells eventually ran in for an 18 yard TD. The final score of the game came from Bradshaw who ran in from 7 yards. Final score 38-6 Dallas.

MVP - Ahmad Bradshaw, 22 attempts, 117 yards for 2 TD's

Unlucky Falcons, everything seemed to go wrong for you there and I certainly know how you feel.

Personally very happy to secure a much needed win here, especially with my NFC East rivals all having .500 or winning records so far. If I had lost today it would have been a long way back already.

Next up for the Cowboys is a big divisional game with the Redskins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals demolish the CPU Browns to take an early lead in the AFC North.
    30-10 victory with some impressive defence, and another strong showing from Cam Newton. Hopefully the injuries to Saunders and Alexander are temporary (can't check on my phone)
    4-0 record may be a bit deceptive though, as one win was from Week 1 sim, and two CPU wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Buffalo Bills 31-28 Houston Texans

Strange old game. Texans receive and on opening drive there first two plays get stuffed and then Sidney Rice takes it to the house for a 80 yard touchdown

7-0

The Bills run and pass up the field finding Smith at tight end on route.

7-7

The Texans cant do anything and punt. Danny woodhead follows his blocks and goes 60 yards for a touchdown.

14-7

Next possession Peterson fumbles on his own 20 yard line ! The Bills make them pay with Cutler finding Clayton a wide out in the spread formation

21-7.

Texans again are forced to punt. The bills bring it to mid field only for Cutler to be picked off by AJ Hawk ! He brings it back to the bills 29 yard line. Orton finds his slot for a touchdown !

21-14

Theres about 4 mins left in the half. The Bills have the ball now and know they have the ball in the second half. The bills go back to smash mouth football and drive it to Houstons 25 yard line. They get stopped and are forced to take a field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock. 24-14 Bills

The Bills get the ball and go on a long drive the culminates in a touchdown pass to Clayton again in a miss match with a linebacker.

31-14.

The texans go on a drive but it gets picked off by Derrick Johnson. The Texans are crestfallen ! There D is not ! Forcing a 3 and out ! The Texans drive up the field and a Wildcat formation on the 10 yard line see's a back up QB with good acceleration break a tackle from a Linebacker and run it in for 6 !

31-21

The Bills go into clock killing mode and are stopped on a 3 and medium with a check down pass to Danny Woodhead getting stopped on 4-1.

The Resulting punt leaves the Texans on there 15 yard line. However the first play is incomplete the second is a sack by my rookies defensive tackle ! The Texans are on there own 4 yard line. Orton drops back and launches a hail mary up to his wide receiver .............................. He's Covered ! No he grabs it ! First down ! ..................

Houston get it to the Bills 22 yard line and go for a screen there first of the game ! Peterson breaks 2 tackles and runs it in for 6 !

The Texans try an onside kick and its recovered by the Bills. Theres 2;20 left on the clock. Its 3 and 4 with 2;04 left on the clock. The Bills throw to V jax on a 3rd down after seeing a big blitz. Cutler kneels it out.

31-28 final score to the Bills

Cheers for the game Pudsy. Crazy one i felt like i had the game after scoring in the 3rd but you stagnated my offense ... fair play. Good luck in the hunt for the AFC South crown..

3-1 and im on holidays. Looks like i miss some key games but others against the CPU which aint bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Insane game.
    Probably the worst game I've ever been a part of due to the HORRENDOUS lag, I've never seen anything like it. We restarted once due to it lagging out and then the second game started off exactly the same, horrible horrible playing conditions.

We continued nonetheless.

Matt Ryan threw 2 picks in this game whereas Vick threw 1 Interception. I've being playing a lot offline on All Madden and winning easily, my first online game in a long time and it's a 2 or 3 second delay, so everything just went horribel wrong for Arizona.

The craziest thing about this game was the last quarter.

4th score 3 - 3
    Rams run it in with the fullback with just over 2 mins left to take the lead from a great long drive.

10 - 3 Rams

Arizona's Coach become insane behind the controller and starts to air it out even with the horrible lag, with a 5 WR set Matt Ryan drove down the field in less than 40 seconds. Resulting in a TD pass to David Gettis with just over a minute remaining.

10 -10

St. Louis Rams come out firing on all cylinders and go deep to Percy Harvin and AMAZINGLY HE OUTJUMPS Terrel Thomas and Brandon Meriweather to bring in the TD!!

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON ARIZONA'S SIDELINE!
    The coach goes INSANE and threatens to sack Meriweather for not attempting to jump with Harvin!

With 16 seconds left on the clock, the Rams Squib kick to Anthony and he breaks one tackle, jukes to the right while using one great block to get to the outside line, everybody gets to their feet Anthony is still going STILL GOING One man left in his way and with his speed he runs to the outside and leaves him sitting and HES GONE ARIZONA TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 - 17 Rams

The Arizona coach says enough is enough and with all the emotion in the air decided to end it right here, be it with a loss or win and PM's the Rams coach and tells him he's going for 2.

Once the Ram's coach knows and adjust his defence accordingly the Cardinals look to old reliable DeAngelo and call a strong toss to the outside.

Hut HUT!!!!

It's off and Williams follows his lead blocker and gets the 2 POINTS!! ARIZONA WIN!!

On behald of myself and MadAliG it was a greatly entertaining game and ALig said himself he was shaking just as i was livid with the lag and silly things happening, Great great game nonetheless and definitely one for the highlight reel.

On the opening paragraph the worst game as in lag not participation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

One word ....Wow...kudos for running back that kick, I thought a couple of players got close enough to tackle. Special Teams coach has been beheaded. Probably the best defensive display against the run i've had, keeping you to 3 pts for three quarters is nuts compared to how I usually do. Lag for me was bad too you could see the pausing at the line all the time. Was hoping it would affect your kicks.... :(.

Should have had that TD in the third where Green caught it on the 2yrd line from a long bomb and got hit as he entered the endzone only to drop the ball! Grrrr. I ballsed up that kick at the end as it was a low normal kick cos i selected normal kick and then figured I should squib it. I am a joke sometimes....My heart near busted when I couldn't get ur man stopped. I admit I did an Alex Ferguson and was shaking my fist in victory with a td with 17 seconds remaining. Two pts well scored at the end, I can't seem to get enough players wide for that endzone type play...any hints??
    One of the most amazing games i've had the pleasure to have played in...up there with the washington game last season...cheers Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Crazy crazy game, never played in a game like that and i don't think i ever will, just had nothing on offence absolutely nothing, and that's credit to you too of course. Both our D's played admirably bar one or two silly mistakes. Yea that was great play by thomas to make Green lose that ball, it happens a lot which is annoying, in my games v Adrian last week i had a long bomb to Gettis he secured it and Adrians safety dived and punch it out from behind causing a fumble as i was about ot enter the endzone for a TD, really sickening.

I wonder how our next game this season will end up, nothing like that hopefully or i'll need a pacemaker:D

Shane.C wrote: »
    Crazy crazy game, never played in a game like that and i don't think i ever will, just had nothing on offence absolutely nothing, and that's credit to you too of course. Both our D's played admirably bar one or two silly mistakes. Yea that was great play by thomas to make Green lose that ball, it happens a lot which is annoying, in my games v Adrian last week i had a long bomb to Gettis he secured it and Adrians safety dived and punch it out from behind causing a fumble as i was about ot enter the endzone for a TD, really sickening.

I wonder how our next game this season will end up, nothing like that hopefully or i'll need a pacemaker:D

I may have to give myself first aid! Green is going for some 'Hold on the the freaking ball' training after that.

Here's the stats from last nights game.

0/3/0/15
    0/3/0/14

18 17
    Cards Rams
    202 373 Total Off.
    127 238 Throwing
    75 135 Rushing
    294 435 Total Yrds
    2 1 Int.
    1 4 Sacks

Vick 235yrds 11/19 1TD 1INT
    Ryan 152yrds 12/22 1TD 2INT

Carries Hayes 107/22
    Williams 69/14

Gettis 38yrd/3 1TD
    Gresham 101yrd/5
    Harvin 59yrd/1

Anthony a 92 yrd return for a TD with 0.03 seconds on the clock.
    2pt conversion wins the game...:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement