Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains leak in Highfield Park.

Options
  • 13-05-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

If you live in Highfield Park please have a look around the outside of your home and see if you notice water logging in your garden or floods,puddles where there shouldn't be any on your property. For over a week we have had a leak outside that is getting worse by the day.Water is gushing out from under our neighbours wall in 5 places,when you stand outside you can hear running water. Other neighbours are in the same position and worse,one is trying to divert water away from his back door. The council has been called over a week ago and they've said it's the result of a serious mains leak somewhere in Highfield and that a lot of water is being lost,yet nothing has been done and the leak is getting worse in people's properties.

If you notice a leak around your home or decreased water pressure please ring the council and complain as they seem to be content to do nothing about this while they can get away with it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is it on private property or public property?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is it on private property or public property?

It's a private property but the people who have come from the council have said its there responsibility as it is a mains leak affecting several people so far.However for over a week now they're "looking into it" and doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Noticed decreased water pressure but haven't seen any sign of the mains leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Happy news.... the leak was fixed today. I rang the council again and they sent someone over to say they'd found the source of it in Highfield and were fixing it. Tonight the little streams gushing into my garden have stopped.Unfortunately my shed bore the brunt of the flooding so the lawnmower and several other things are destroyed.
    Least it's fixed now I suppose though they took their time.

Advertisement