Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vtos/ Btea

• 13-05-2012 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it correct that because I will be four months unemployed come Sept that I won't qualify for anything? From what I am reading, it looks like I have to be six/nine months unemployed? Really great system we have.!
    I also have a level 7 International BusTiness Diploma.

I'm going into Social Welfare tomorrow but I don't think it looks too good.

I have not done the leaving in 10 years so really need the structure of a class. Tbh I did really well for the JC and for the leaving did not work as hard as I should of.

Anyone know of anywhere that does classes at night for the entire leaving cert. I think I read ond Vec does Irish at night but just wondering anywhere that does the whole leaving. Prob a shot in the dark!
    Only other option is to do itexternally but would prove difficult with project work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

shinesun wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is it correct that because I will be four months unemployed come Sept that I won't qualify for anything? From what I am reading, it looks like I have to be six/nine months unemployed? Really great system we have.!
    I also have a level 7 International BusTiness Diploma.

I'm going into Social Welfare tomorrow but I don't think it looks too good.

I have not done the leaving in 10 years so really need the structure of a class. Tbh I did really well for the JC and for the leaving did not work as hard as I should of.

Anyone know of anywhere that does classes at night for the entire leaving cert. I think I read ond Vec does Irish at night but just wondering anywhere that does the whole leaving. Prob a shot in the dark!
    Only other option is to do itexternally but would prove difficult with project work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Where are you living. There's a few different colleges around. Their quite expensive though. I'd nearly recommend doing it externally and just pick six/seven subjects without project work. Organise it with a school to sit your exams there. Really only Geography, History, Agricultural Science, Engineering, DCG & Construction Studies have projects. Just do other ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most VECs have a night LC programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Thanks. Wicklow. Does Home Ec have a project now? I know it did not when I sat it.

spurious wrote: »
    Most VECs have a night LC programme.

That's great. Thought they only did certain subjects at night. Will contact them tomorrow. Bray or Pearse college would be great if they did it at night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

shinesun wrote: »
    That's great. Thought they only did certain subjects at night. Will contact them tomorrow. Bray or Pearse college would be great if they did it at night.

I think the main CDVEC night LC would be Plunket College in Whitehall, but the people in Pearse will know for sure.

• Advertisement

For anyone that is interested, I called Plunket College today. They told me that they only do the evening classes Tues and Thurs so would only be able 2 subjects there and maybe 2 other subjects in another Vec at night if the subjects worked out that they were on a diff night in a sep Vec .So I would have to do two subjects externally or 4 depending.

Did not get a chance to go up to the SW office today so will go up tomorrow.
    Wicklow town only do all pass subjects so would not suit me as need honours subjects for points.

Advertisement