Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salsa recipe

Options
  • 13-05-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

we are going having crowd around on tuesday so i was going to make up a few salads the day before, curried rice, pasta salad, cous cous salad and this time i was going to try and make up a salsa aswell. was going to go with this one here, but iam worried that when i make it the night before it will be just a gooey mess by the time i will be serving it the next day.
    has anyone got a salsa recipe that i can make up the night before that won't be a mess when i take it out of the fridge the next day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You can use that recipe no problem and prepare the salsa the night before.

However, leave out the chopped scallions and chopped cilantro (coriander) and add them at the last minute just before you eat. It will probably be quite fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In fact, if anything I find that a salsa actually improves slightly if left overnight. The flavours seem to meld together better somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

great will give that one a spin so and report back here on wednesday:D

also neuro-praxis why would i leave out the scallions and coriander?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

...because the coriander will lose it's freshness. Same I suspect with the scallions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

sponge_bob wrote: »
    great will give that one a spin so and report back here on wednesday:D

also neuro-praxis why would i leave out the scallions and coriander?

Fresh herbs lose their bright green colour when left soaking for ages. They go almost brown - and scallions go soggy.

If you throw them in at the last moment you'll have a delicious salsa with well-combined flavours, as well as the crispness of the scallions and freshness and bright green colour of the fresh coriander.

That's what I'd do anyway. (I'd also add a squeeze of lime juice just before serving too. :) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement