Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closure direct debit

Options
  • 13-05-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    i needed some info. i'm leaving Ireland and i'm closing my bank account. Can i pay the final bill by EFT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dublino72,

It's no problem paying your final bill by EFT - you can find the details you'll need at the end of this page, or on the bottom right of the second page of your bill (see here for a sample).

To close your account, just contact us with:
    • Your name and account number
    • The move out date
    • The final meter reading (how to read your meter)
    • Your forwarding address
    • The new occupant's name and phone number (or the landlord, solicitor or estate agent's name and number)
    • And, in your case, instructions to cancel the direct debit before a final bill is issued.
    You can provide this information via email, by phone (1850 372 372) or here on boards by private message.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dublino72

Thank you David :)

i already gave the notice by email to electric ireland. I hope it will not be a problem to cancel the direct debit before the final bill is issued. I already got the iban code from the last bill.

i'm also waiting for an answer by them.

No problem dublino72,

If you like I can cancel the direct debit if you send me the following details by private message:
    • Your full name & account number
    • Your contact number and date of birth (for data protection)
    Thanks,

David.

Hi David,
    i'm leaving the apartment on the 14/06, then i'll get the meter reading. I can cancel the direct debit by myself, thank you. So you are telling me i can close everything with you?

Thanks

No problem dublino72,

If you like I can cancel the direct debit if you send me the following details by private message:
    • Your full name & account number
    • Your contact number and date of birth (for data protection)
    Thanks,

David.
    [/QUOTE]

dublino72 wrote: »
    So you are telling me i can close everything with you?

You can, yes. Just remember that you would need to cancel the direct debit both with ourselves and with the bank, as our system would attempt to retrieve payment unless we are instucted otherwise (and there is a €6 penalty fee for returned direct debits).

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement

ok, David, thanks a lot.
    i'll send you a private message. :)

Advertisement