Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Chemistry...Before/After

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Damn.. I was fairly sure I was right...

Anyone else find Q5 tricky enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Explain why the pressure of the vapour is the same as atmospheric pressure? Answers please?

I said because the conical flask isn't pressurized, any excess vapour is allowed to escape through the pinhole.

and I got 704.95 for Kc.

ei.sderob wrote: »
    Oh and the question on the rate of raction, what was the shape of the second graph for ye? Mine was less steep due to the lower concentration and it levelled off lower down due to the marble chips being excess like.

Yeah, mine levelled off at around 20.5g... Did you put time on the bottom? I know you usually put the top line on the bottom, but it didn't feel right :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Oh and the question on the rate of raction, what was the shape of the second graph for ye? Mine was less steep due to the lower concentration and it levelled off lower down due to the marble chips being excess like.
    Ya that's what I did, wasn't sure about it at first but now I feel confident!

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Mista wrote: »
    Yeah, mine levelled off at around 20.5g... Did you put time on the bottom? I know you usually put the top line on the bottom, but it didn't feel right :/

It doesn't matter, you'll get an awkward graph, that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

It was .. meh

Yup same as mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

Yeah, I put time at the bottom due to the fact that it was kinda the variable which you were in control of. Not sure where mine leveled off, just a little bit below the other graph I think? Like an inch or so. Twas only an estimate really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Fair paper, can't complain. Messed up a few bits myself but that's no-one's fauly but my own. Not sure if I got my A2 but I think I got at least a B1. Might surprise myself :)

Look at it again, look at the arrows

The arrows can go either way, look at page 258 of chemistry live and the indicator equation in question 10 - they're the exact same equation but the arrows are the other way around.

• Advertisement

I was soooo close to not seeing the fact that the marble chips weren't in excess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Q1 was lovely !:D
    Q3 was nice but with some weird parts
    Q4 was doable
    Q5 was nice enough
    Q7 was lovely!
    Q11 gorgeous Qs on Rutherford and niitrigen fixation!

After these first 6 Qs I did I was very happy!!
    But then the next 2 were awful!

Q6 was ok but calculation was a disaster!!
    Q10 was awful awful awful
    Part b was ok but I couldn't even do any of c

Was raging i didn't study rates of rxns!!! I didn't do organic so I couldn't do 2 or 8 either

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Pretty annoyed at the paper, things like that ethene calculation ruined me. Loada silly mistakes aswell, did test for phosphate instead of chloride in water, did green->pink->green instead of pink green pink for sodium tartrate thing. Forgot to divide by 2 in first experiment. GAH loads of small things and then stuff I just didn't know :(

I was soooo close to not seeing the fact that the marble chips weren't in excess!

I always look back to see if theres stuff like that mentioned :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Anyone get 1 test tube for Q2 (e) ?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

Maths questions answers I got:

1. b) 2.65 g Na2CO3 used

e) i) 2.5 moles/L , ii) 91.25 g/L

2. e) 8 tubes of ethene

3. d) Mr = 63

4. a) i) 5 , ii) 9

e) Cu + 2NO3 + 4H -> Cu + 2NO2 + 2H2O

6. e) 224 kJ/mol

9. 0.00238 g/s - 2M HCl
    1/2 that for 1 M HCl

10. B) i) 13.7 , ii) 5.69

11. B) Kc = 704.95

Somebody tell me, was I right or wrong! I did two extra questions anyways, so I ahve a bit of wiggle room!

And was so annoyed that I didn't study heat of formation :(. I got all that question right then 0 for the heat of formation part....

Anyone care to tell how you do the ethene test tube thing? Some people in my school got 8, and people saying here, so I presume thats right.

Geo10 wrote: »
    Q1 was lovely !:D
    Q3 was nice but with some weird parts
    Q4 was doable
    Q5 was nice enough
    Q7 was lovely!
    Q11 gorgeous Qs on Rutherford and niitrigen fixation!

After these first 6 Qs I did I was very happy!!
    But then the next 2 were awful!

Q6 was ok but calculation was a disaster!!
    Q10 was awful awful awful
    Part b was ok but I couldn't even do any of c

Was raging i didn't study rates of rxns!!! I didn't do organic so I couldn't do 2 or 8 either

Hmm,
    Q5 was tricky enough I thought..
    Q6 was brilliant I thought, and Q8.
    Q10 was good enough, (c) was a bit dodgy, took a bit of time but overall a good question.

finality wrote: »
    The arrows can go either way, look at page 258 of chemistry live and the indicator equation in question 10 - they're the exact same equation but the arrows are the other way around.

... that's my point. In the question the forward reaction was actually

I3 going to I + I2. Do you understand? You had to either reverse it or inverse your Kc.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

I got 13.33 test tubes, rounded down to 13 full ones, didn't even realise that you had to divide by anything in the first experiment Q >.< There goes the A1..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

WHy did you have to divide in the 1st q???

Pepperr wrote: »
    I got 13.33 test tubes, rounded down to 13 full ones, didn't even realise that you had to divide by anything in the first experiment Q >.< There goes the A1..

Got that too. What division are ye talking about? For finding the mass od Na2Co3?

Was never gonna get the test tubes, but not dividing by 2 is so annoying :( Done that kind of question so many times before, and then forget to do it when it matters :(

hollingr wrote: »

1. b) 2.65 g Na2CO3 used

2. e) 8 tubes of ethene

3. d) Mr = 63

4. a) i) 5 , ii) 9

6. e) 224 kJ/mol

9. 0.00238 g/s - 2M HCl
    1/2 that for 1 M HCl

11. B) Kc = 704.95

Somebody tell me, was I right or wrong! I did two extra questions anyways, so I ahve a bit of wiggle room!

Almost exactly the same as mine. I got -224 for the heat though, and pretty sure I messed up the last part of q3. I think all the others are the same as mine.

Ah ye mit get it yet :P

Yea, there was 0.05 moles in 1000cm, so 0.025 moles in 500cm.

hollingr wrote: »

1. b) 2.65 g Na2CO3 used

2. e) 8 tubes of ethene

3. d) Mr = 63

4. a) i) 5 , ii) 9

6. e) 224 kJ/mol

9. 0.00238 g/s - 2M HCl
    1/2 that for 1 M HCl

11. B)Kc = 704.95

I got 224 but don't forget the - !

Did you inverse the kc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Lovely paper delighted with it.

1,2,3,4, easy.
    Didn't do 5,7, not cos the looked hard but because I had to pick 2 not to do!
    6,8,10,11 very easy.
    9 - I made a balls of the graph, then fixed it, wasted a good bit of time on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

Mista wrote: »
    Ah ye mit get it yet :P

Yea, there was 0.05 moles in 1000cm, so 0.025 moles in 500cm.

Yea but it asked in moles per litre??

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

have the paper in front of me here, "marble chips in excess", where does it say they're not?? :)

• Advertisement

Got -2275 or something for 6. Was pretty sure I was right. Isn't a 3 digit number very small when it comes to the heat of formation for such a long alkane?

Advertisement