Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Life's little pleasures that don't cost a thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

watching kids playing in water.....

The ellipsis at the end makes this post seem really (hopefully unintentionally) creepy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Coal1978 wrote: »
    A big huge sh!t that you've been cooking for ages, it's at the stage where you can't hold it in any longer and you have cramps and your letting stinky farts off every few seconds. Ahhh bliss.

Ahhhhh so thats what is was :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Watching man city deny united the title by scoring twice in the last few minutes. Pure bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Closing my eyes to Beethovens 9th is beautiful.
    Seeing a dog happy, don't ask me.
    Sitting down with a friend I haven't seen in a while.
    Going for a run.
    Having a lie in with nothing to worry about.
    If I was getting laid at the minute I'd put that down but no luck here lately.
    Seeing people dressed up in costumes and stuff just walking about the place greatly pleases my inner child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Someone bringing home a bag of hot fresh chips when you're not expecting it.
    Holding my husbands nose when he's asleep and watchIng him freak out when he wakes up gasping for breath.

Lol.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 Sparklepants!

The smell of freshly baked bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Looking at womenz in the light of day, with their silk like flesh, it's like making hay:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

Lovely idea for a thread, op! For me, it's the dog jumping around when he sees me in the morning, mashed potatoes with copious amounts of butter, a new book, the cheekiness of my cats, pavlova, my 9 month old nephew bobbing his head and laughing to music. Too much to mention but they definitely cure any crankiness for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hard to beat taking your time having a good shyte.
    Waking up feeling rested after a really good sleep.
    Baby animals like kittens and puppies always make me smile too, beautiful little mother****ers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Coal1978

Toddlers knocking the sh!t out of eachother.

??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

The ellipsis at the end makes this post seem really (hopefully unintentionally) creepy....

sorry, i don't have that broad scope when thinking...........

i live a happy life......with my children....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Coal1978

Cassidy28 wrote: »

??:confused::confused:
    Have you ever seen two babies fist fighting, it's gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Waking up feeling refreshed to see that there is still an hour 'till your alarm goes off.

**** at people that can't see you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Wow :eek: You're sounding more maternal by the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

Laughed when you described puppies and kittens as mothe*******. Fairly unique description. Do your puppies be pimping???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Kiera wrote: »
    Fresh bed clothes and power naps.

Fresh bed clothes and power faps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Crimbouser wrote: »
    Laughed when you described puppies and kittens as mothe*******. Fairly unique description. Do your puppies be pimping???
    No i pimps dem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

The drama of football. Watching United players leave the field today and fans leave the stadium looking devastated. Only eclipsed by watching City win the league. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Having a slap up meal at a fancy restaurant and then climbing out the gents window.

euphemism for gay man love?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

token101 wrote: »
    The drama of football. Watching United players leave the field today and fans leave the stadium looking devastated. Only eclipsed by watching City win the league. Magic.

Proving that every now and then, the ugly sister does get a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Waking up a few hours before you have to get up for work and falling back to sleep with a smile on your face :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Holding my husbands nose when he's asleep and watchIng him freak out when he wakes up gasping for breath.

That's not nice :eek::eek::eek:
    Kamjana wrote: »
    Great drying in it today :)

Yep just after bringing in my third load of washing - fully dry.

My little girl cuddling, a cup of tea, my guinea pigs moaning, car-crash telly, sunsets & sunrises and my absolute favourite bluebell woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Nothin bates a good sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

:D

I used to do that to a boyfriend when he snored ;) I had forgot how enjoyable it was :D:D Worked though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Cats. Even though they scratch at the bed when i sleep, walk on me when sleeping, piss off when i get up to them, lay down on the newspaper when i start reading it and go asleep on my laptop as i use it they always make me smile, especially when they give you a little cat loaf in the face :D

Oh and a hangover ****e too. Great feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I beleive it's called "Rage in a Cage" down PW way....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Kamjana wrote: »
    Waking up a few hours before you have to get up for work and falling back to sleep with a smile on your face :)
    And then oversleeping and waking up half an hour late for work/school somehow feeling completely unrested.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

watching lads who are under 18 not getting served in a pub and having the walk of shame back to the table empty handed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ah the butterflies stage: sitting at home and relaxing then hearing your phone go off and you fill up with excitement as the person you're chasing has just text you and then going to sleep with a big smile on your face thinking about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

saa wrote: »
    Ah the butterflies stage: sitting at home and relaxing then hearing your phone go off and you fill up with excitement as the person you're chasing has just text you and then going to sleep with a big smile on your face thinking about them.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Do you have any little things that make you smile or just stop for a second and think to yourself 'this is awesome'.

It could be a kitten playing with a piece of string
    That kitten and that piece of string could have cost a fortune. :mad:

Seriously though, that. I had a kitten who was obsessed with a sock, which he'd spend hours playing with and eating and beating up, etc. It was like a pal to him. Sadly the kitten disappeared after a few weeks and the sock was left hanging forlornly on the door of the kitten's little kennel for ages... :(:o

Kittens rock. I'll never understand people who don't like them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Dudess wrote: »
    That kitten and that piece of string could have cost a fortune. :mad:

Seriously though, that. I had a kitten who was obsessed with a sock, which he'd spend hours playing with and eating and beating up, etc. It was like a pal to him. Sadly the kitten disappeared after a few weeks and the sock was left hanging forlornly on the door of the kitten's little kennel for ages... :(:o

You kept a kitten in a kennel ? was that not a dog you had ?

mattjack wrote: »
    You kept a kitten in a kennel ? was that not a dog you had ?
    It was just his house to sleep in - yeah it was a kennel for a small dog. Maybe it was a generic small animal house, but kennel is the handiest term.
    It was so cute - had a little door with a latch on it, and we carpeted it and all - he only had two mortgage payments left... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Walking through the woods when the only sound you hear is the birds singing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

[

Most people do like kittens, its the fact they grow into cats that puts them off, cats are horrible, kittens are cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Getting up early before everyone else on a nice sunny summer's morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sky King wrote: »
    Driving on a sunny day with the tunes up and the windows down.

That costs money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

saa wrote: »

Oh god no...couldn't think of anything worse...i detest that whole will he/won't he stage. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking of it. God forbid anything should happen to Mr H2u - I'll be single till the day I die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Feeling your baby kicking and moving inside you.
    And of course, kittens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

+1
    Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    lying in bed listening to heavy rain beating down on the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sadly the kitten disappeared after a few weeks and the sock was left hanging forlornly on the door of the kitten's little kennel for ages...

Aw :(

The not knowing what happened to the wee thing would irk me.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Peace and quiet when the baby and puppy are gone to bed!!!!!

• Advertisement

Sadly the kitten disappeared after a few weeks and the sock was left hanging forlornly on the door of the kitten's little kennel for ages...

Aw :(

The not knowing what happened to the wee thing would irk me.
    My mum sees a cat around the place now which she reckons is him. He might have just wandered to another house which offered him a better kennel/sock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Oh god no...couldn't think of anything worse...i detest that whole will he/won't he stage. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking of it. God forbid anything should happen to Mr H2u - I'll be single till the day I die.

Meh the grass is greener my friend, I'm in a long term relationship so I remember the flirting stage to be glorious and have blanked out all the terrible memories attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When my dog has a dream and starts barking in their sleep. Especially if they wake themselves up from the barking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

Laughing at your baby blowing farts in the bath.

ya thats great fun...until he goes one further and takes a dump!! happened twice to me when i was in it with him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Sky King wrote: »
    Driving on a sunny day with the tunes up and the windows down.

cost you fuel to do that

• Advertisement
Advertisement