Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boozy festivals

Options
  • 13-05-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any food/alcohol festivals coming up? (I know that the Donegal Town Food festival is a big thing, but that's not until August.) I was specifically interested in either the Portnoo seafood festival or Beer/wine festival at Dicey's in Ballyshannon. Any references on websites to either are years old. I can't find anything for 2012.
    Strictly no country or Irish music!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

annascott wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any food/alcohol festivals coming up? (I know that the Donegal Town Food festival is a big thing, but that's not until August.) I was specifically interested in either the Portnoo seafood festival or Beer/wine festival at Dicey's in Ballyshannon. Any references on websites to either are years old. I can't find anything for 2012.
    Strictly no country or Irish music!
    The seafood festival in Portnoo hasn't taken place since 2008 or 2009 so I think that is pretty much done with. Not sure on Ballyshannon one though.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Donegal Live, in Donegal town perhaps? Weekend after next.

http://www.donegallive.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could always go to the next beers night and you might even see me and homer perform "musance" which is a mixture of music and dance laced with copious amounts of Smornoff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

muffler wrote: »
    You could always go to the next beers night and you might even see me and homer perform "musance" which is a mixture of music and dance laced with copious amounts of Smornoff ;)

Jesus, I am both intrigued and scared about the notion of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Jesus, I am both intrigued and scared about the notion of that!
    I cant enlighten you at all as I can never remember the following day

eat-drink-smiley-7859.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well since our secret is out...

Musance.jpg

...from 1.57 is actually a copy of Muffler and mine's first every enactment of this new dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

sommehow brings this to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Back on topic please guys!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

There is also the Dunfanaghy Seafood Festival, but not sure on what date that is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

is it only donegal you are looking for?
    there is a food and culture festival on this weekend in sligo.
    http://www.sosligo.com/
    looks like it more food related than booze.....
    ive never been but am gonna check it out this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Back on topic please guys!!!! :D

Banned for back seat modding

jk jk

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willie joe

Inish Food Festival (Inishowen) 18th- 20th May in Harry's of Bridgend and surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ashydol

Mary from Dungloe....its the end of July though, but the one in Burtonport is on the week before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Donegal live next weekend has some decent music Saturday and Sunday with some Alexandra Burke thrown in on the Friday (if that's what you're into) there's also a food festival during this too.

Donegal town has its own fest the first weekend in July, They have a great Facebook page

Sea sessions bundoran has a savage line up this year

Rory gallagher festival in ballyshannon is a big winner too.

Get googling.

Advertisement