Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this correct?

Options
  • 13-05-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

LEOPARDSTOWN ,16:15 - Leah Claire @ 7/2 (GP) - Place (This bet has benefited from our Guaranteed Price. You have received a bonus to the value of €1.79)

DERRINSTOWN DERBY 3:45 pm - Light Heavy @ 15/8 (GP) - Win
    DERRINSTOWN 1000 GUINEAS TRIAL - Yellow Rosebud @ 13/2 (GP) - Win
    LEOPARDSTOWN, 14:45 - Sweet Lightning @ 11/2 (GP) - Place
    LEOPARDSTOWN, 14:15 - Angelas Dream @ 7/2 (GP) - Place

Stake and Return Details
    Bet type: Accumulator (5) (Each-Way)
    Stake per line €0.24
    Total amount paid €0.48
    Returns €4.98
    Guaranteed Price Bonus €1.79
    Total Returns €6.77

Thanks for looking guys...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I had this a while back and made a bit of a tit of myself thinking the bookie was wrong. I had a 4 or 5 horse accie with some wins and some places. First horse only placed but I thought that the winnings on this would be split for the next horse and so on. They're not. The win part of the stake follows through for each horse, as does the place part. So, when the first horse only placed, that was the win part of my original stake gone for good and all I could effectively win was a place accumulator.

I presume this is what the OP is wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I remember years ago (probably 20) you could split the bet if you marked it on your docket but the default was win to win/place to place. There was actually a term you could write on the docket but I cant remember what it was.
    Wonder if that is still in operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I remember years ago (probably 20) you could split the bet if you marked it on your docket but the default was win to win/place to place. There was actually a term you could write on the docket but I cant remember what it was.
    Wonder if that is still in operation?

Would love to know if there was as I'd certainly use it. I asked if this was possible when I was arguing the above incident but the guy in Boyles was adamant that it couldn't be done. That's Boyles though!

Advertisement