Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places that repair damaged carbon frame

Options
  • 13-05-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

Where is a good place to repair carbon frames in Ireland

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SARBOY

Check in the cycling forum there was someone there lately who had his carbon damaged frame fixed in england and he was happy with the repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

thanks !
    ideally I want an irish based place ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

great stuff !
    thank you
    can I ask whats the background of the guy that does the work? and how are you related to him/her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

peter kern wrote: »
    great stuff !
    thank you
    can I ask whats the background of the guy that does the work? and how are you related to him/her ?
    I just got an e-mail via the club (swords cc) thats how i knew about them. Thats about as much as I know to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

great stuff !
    thank you

They are well know for kayaking paddles, I think they start frame repairs about a year or so ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

great stuff !
    thank you

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056639554?page=1#post_78667789

Coincidentally thread on this in the cycling forum today (link above). Mixed feedback on that guy, a surfer dude in Kerry also mentioned

thanks !
    from what i see on facebook if you have a designer bike you wont give him your bike as his patching seems ...rough..
    but it would appear nobody has had a problem apart from design and his turnover is quick and he is in dublin.

carbon wheels can be repaired.....so that comment was non sense by one poster ,and if he does do it and successfully that is positive in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Peter, did you ever get your bike repaired? Am on the look out for a repair job for this.....

Edit: Scratch that, your man is gone to Oz, Fazz has given me a name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Green&Red wrote: »
    Peter, did you ever get your bike repaired? Am on the look out for a repair job for this.....

Edit: Scratch that, your man is gone to Oz, Fazz has given me a name

How did that happen?

• Advertisement
Advertisement