Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kerry Way walk

Options
  • 13-05-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi, hopefully going to do the Kerry Way walk this summer. Just wanting to know has anyone here done it and how long did it take you and roughly how much did it cost, and were you camping/hostels, B&Bs etc/ or both?

We're thinking at 200km it'll be around 8-12 days? Depending on how easy we take it.

Comments

Think 12 days would be on the leisurely side. I live on the peninsula so have done stretches of it, though not the whole thing, but would have thought a week sufficient. Would imagine it should be broken down in terms of stages rather than kilometres, like Waterville to Sneem, Sneem to Kenmare, Kenmare to Killarney etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Just found http://www.kerryway.com/index.php and it pretty much explains it all. Yea they say 8 days, but it doesn't really much to go exploring I suppose.

What stretches of it have you done?

Have done all the Dunkerrons, so have dipped in and out of it loads of times. I'd say I've pretty much done every mile of it on the southern side of the range, Waterville/ Caherdaniel/ Castlecove/ Sneem/ Kenmare/ Killarney/ Glencar and around the Reeks, have done much less on the Glencar/ Dromid/ Waterville/ Cahersiveen side

Advertisement