Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Question regarding EIC flight options for smooth arrival

Options
  • 13-05-2012 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys,

I just have a small question but none the less important question about how people travelling to Canada under the EIC are booking their flights. By that I mean is it considered adequate, providing you have your Letter Of Introduction for your entry to Canada, to book a one way flight. I have seen various disputes to what people think is accepted and so on. Outside of requiring proof of a return flight to show to customs how are people booking? I have looked at open ended return but the cost is pretty substantial where as looking at a return flight for a year from now doesn't appear to be supported by many airlines.
    Will a one way ticket be sufficient or will I need proof of flights in some form of a return ticket?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 coll123

Hi
    A one way flight is fine providing you have "sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket" - Eligibility Criteria from IEC website. I wouldn't bother spending extra money for an open ended ticket when there is no reason to. I've booked one way as will probably want to travel as well and don't know where I will be booking flight home from. The IEC website is very good and easy to see exactly what the rules/ guidelines are.

Advertisement