Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Battle Lines Are Drawn:Bayern Munich VS Chelsea (UEFA Champions League Final )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

In 1999 Roy Keane couldn't even bring himself to wear the medal. John Terry puts on a full kit like some Jim'll Fix It kid and collects the trophy.

but could bring himself to walk out on his country.

its terry's choice and same for keane . no right or wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Giles is spot on, 'they don't give up'. Has been the way since the 2nd leg against Napoli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Aquila wrote: »
    Some of the comments make me smile,certain posters negative vibes make chelsea win,so keep it coming,the more you hate the more we win :D

You sound more like a Millwall fan !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Barca, Napoli, benfica all bottled it against this group. Prob the worst team to win it in years. Park the bus tactics throughout the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great day to be a football fan. If your a Chelsea fan it's even better.

Delighted for Terry, Drogba and Lampard, they deserve this glory for the work they put in in there Chelsea careers.

Also delighted for Torres, first CL final and he's on the winning team.

Di Matteo deserves a lot of credit, top Chelsea man and also deserves this glory as well.

Great night.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

keane and scholes didn't wear the kit nor run up to lift the trophy though - maybe in hindsight JT will think it was a tad classless

better team lost in semi and final as RTE have just said but the name on the trophy answers everything and that can't be taken away from Ch£lski

so don't mind the haterz lads, you iz champions, it only cost about 500 million

only messing though - well done, enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Fecking hell, if you told me that Cahill, Kalou and Bose would lift the CL trophy I'd call you mad!

article-1080495-00F1BBCE0000044C-578_468x286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What a story for Gary Cahill, in the space of 5 months going from a small club which ends up getting relegated, to starting in and winning a Champions League final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Do Arsenal enter the CL qualifying stages because of this or who fills that void if not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lets be honest, deserved, undeserved whatever is irrelevant.

Bayern bottled it. Simple as.

I think thats about right; they had more than enough chances to win it.

Both in the 90mins, the extra time and going 3-2 up in the shootout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

edgecutter wrote: »
    Barca, Napoli, benfica all bottled it against this group. Prob the worst team to win it in years. Park the bus tactics throughout the competition.

Winning tactics nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Gee they should take the trophy off them so. Should only be reserved for the best attacking team. Cos we all know that's the only way to play football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Do Arsenal enter the CL qualifying stages because of this or who fills that void if not?

Both teams qualify automatically afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

think i will puke soon

Liverpool did same thing until the tactics didn't work in the final

Good q. Also Chelsea are qualified now, but are they the "4th place team" or are they given full tournament access now?

i agree with you but the sad thing for football is those tactics works and it'll encourage more limited teams to play like that, a bad day for football but the chelsea fans won't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Jesus Roman's wardrobe has suffered with that payoff for AVB!

You could say it was "thread bare"....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Lapin wrote: »
    Congrats from a Liverpool fan.

Fair and square.
    decies wrote: »
    Liverpool fan. Chelsea well deserved that win . Germans had enough chances but woeful shooting .

We're such a decent bunch us pool fans !

Then again, we've won it so often..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cambo2008 wrote: »
    They won entry to the champions league :cool:

Lets not forget this sweet piece of silver...

Community_Shield_2223310b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well that's pretty sickening, even worse that Drogba got the winner. Devastated for Schweinsteiger.

On the plus side it must feel a lot worse for Spuds fans right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Absolutely fantastic stuff. What a way to finish the season. Roll on August :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

lads lay off Terry to ****!!! hes a plank sometimes but he is Mr Chelsea he has put his heart and soul into that club and he deserves to celebrate with the rest of them. It's only fitting he should be right in there with the rest of them. He's done more for that club than anyone else in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Then Bayern bottled it by not putting United away in 99. It is all relative.

donfers wrote: »
    maybe in hindsight JT will think it was a tad classless

I doubt it. The way he was carrying on there you'd swear he'd just knocked out Apollo Creed for the world title. The guy appears to be a sociopath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Terry didn't have the kit on until the end.

Would he have had the full kit on to collect a runners up medal? Not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Paully D wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic stuff. What a way to finish the season. Roll on August :)

Err Euro 2012? :p

@RobertoMancini_
    John Terry is like a bridesmaid who turned up in a wedding dress

LOL

shrewdness wrote: »
    What a story for Gary Cahill, in the space of 5 months going from a small club which ends up getting relegated, to starting in and winning a Champions League final.

a bit harsh on bolton that - they've a richer history than chelsea for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Good q. Also Chelsea are qualified now, but are they the "4th place team" or are they given full tournament access now?
    The champions enter at the group stage, so presumably all 4 teams go straight into the groups

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Gee they should take the trophy off them so. Should only be reserved for the best attacking team. Cos we all know that's the only way to play football

The point is that this will end up being the way teams will try and win competitions and it's just plain boring. Throughout the tournament the better sides have lost, which for me is just unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Chelsea deserved this as much as anyone- turfing out Barca and achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The point is that this will end up being the way teams will try and win competitions and it's just plain boring. Throughout the tournament the better sides have lost, which for me is just unpleasant.

Hope you're not an Ireland fan for 2012.

Complain about money but passion and pure determination cannot be bought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

DiMatteo walked off from his Sky DE interview after the reporter asked him about the style of play. He knows it's sh*te too :D.

i wonder does Terry wear his kit walking around town hoping he'll get asked for autographs so he can charge for them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

If teams are good at it then why not? Other teams may try it but won't be as good at it as Chelsea. they have to be respected. They're trying to win a CL not entertain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oi Manchester - we're coming to GET YOU!

lads lay off Terry to ****!!! hes a plank sometimes but he is Mr Chelsea he has put his heart and soul into that club and he deserves to celebrate with the rest of them. It's only fitting he should be right in there with the rest of them. He's done more for that club than anyone else in the team.

True, but he also has painted a bad picture of Chelsea through his antics and to be fair he nearly cost them this trophy in the semis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

think i will puke soon

I'll hold your hair.

• Advertisement

donfers wrote: »
    shrewdness wrote: »

a bit harsh on bolton that - they've a richer history than chelsea for example

how u make that out? all teams have history from bad days to great days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lapin wrote: »
    We're such a decent bunch us pool fans !

Then again, we've won it so often..............
    Chelsea have got their Champions League win under their belts now. I would wager we will win it sooner than they will in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Chelsea,this year they're one of those teams/persons who win a sporting title but nobody will ever give them credit for it

AND RIGHTFULLY BITTERLY SO

FYP

Keep it coming no matter what ye all say..

Chelsea are the champions of Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Complain about money but passion and pure determination cannot be bought!

except when it's bought

Timmy Chenko plays for Bayern (according to dunphy anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Daemos wrote: »
    And AFAIK Everton get Chelsea's Europa League place from winning the FA Cup
    Correcting this, apparently it's their place that goes to Tottenham

Oi Manchester - we're coming to GET YOU!

Yeah, Man City vs Chelsea in the Shield :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Arsenal have qualified automatically, the tournament proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Well that's pretty sickening awesome, even worse better that Drogba got the winner. Devastated for Schweinsteiger.

On the plus side On top of all this awesomeness it must feel a lot worse for Spuds fans right now.

Fixed that for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Okay I'll level, I'm a pool fan. I wanna clear something up.
    • I've smiled looking at ye lift the trophy. Its a great moment for ye're club, well done.
    • Munich walked all over ye, and bottled it. Munich lost the game im afraid. But some of the best finals ever have been lost. Doesn't take away from yer name been on the cup
    • Terry should not have been so jubilant. Sure its understandable, but to want the limelight for a man who disappointed so much is a shame
    • Am i being bitter...hmmm...I can't answer that. I think fair play on winning, but i also don't believe everyone should run away from the fact that game wasnt a Chelsea win.

Now onto this gem of a theory....

is it possible that everyone gets carried away with Di Matteo?

I really like the man, and he has done good work....BUT

that wasnt a wow performance...
    nor was the barce game...

luck isnt made by matteo...

and dont get me wrong...i do respect everything that happened...and well done chelsea, but this is some pretty thick plaster over the cracks to me...

but celebrate, get smashed and enjoy all that comes with CL victory.

Advertisement