Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations to Man City

• 13-05-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Thought after 44 years Man City's league triumph deserves a thread of its own. Top scorers, played the best football and generally tight at the back. They thoroughly deserved the title and look to be getting stronger. Good to see a change happening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Congrats City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done to them. I know exactly how much their fans have been through over the last 20 years so I'm glad they've won it.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Team on top after 38 games deserves it. They made it as cruel as possible in the process for me too. Pretty much perfect from their point of view.

I know 2 city fans and I'm happy for them, but equally absolutely sick to the stomach with how it played out.

Congratulations City on this season, game on for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Paully D wrote: »
    Well done to them. I know exactly how much their fans have been through over the last 20 years so I'm glad they've won it.

Enjoy :)

Lesson on never giving up on your team today; bet those who left the stadium early regret it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A finish better than that of 1989?

I think so. Well done City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Well done city, the table doesn't lie. Deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Yeh as a united fan i hate to see them win the leaugue but you have to say they deserve the win ' and to score 2 goals in time added on ' but i feel its about time another team won lge other than united' chelsea' ars' blackburn ' oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

well done City,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I am sure that most people were thinking the worst, the most common term being flung about were "duds". God they done it the hard way but that is even sweeter for them. Despite all their different personalities they managed to do it. Interesting to see what they do in the summer. Lot of dead-weight there and good few coming back from loans - Santa Cruz, Adebayor etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Well done City. Whatever doubts I had about whether they deserved it or not, they certainly earned it today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Congrats to City and their fans. Best team over the course of the year, and won it like Champions.

I'm a little broken inside.

Deserved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Congrats to Sheikh Mansour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Credit to them for keeping going and getting the result they needed.....that 4-4 with Everton will haunt me forever.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well deserved by City, the team on top deserve it even with all their injuries, melt downs and just plain crazy they managed to be the best team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fergie you old dog you...

"Nobody expected that. Everybody expected City to win, but they did it against 10 men for half an hour and with five extra minutes to help them."

The ironing!

To be fair to him, he was pretty gracious about it in his comments following that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Amazing game. It's not often something lives up to Sky's hyperbole but that game today did, and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Warper wrote: »
    I am sure that most people were thinking the worst, the most common term being flung about were "duds". God they done it the hard way but that is even sweeter for them. Despite all their different personalities they managed to do it. Interesting to see what they do in the summer. Lot of dead-weight there and good few coming back from loans - Santa Cruz, Adebayor etc..

They'll find it hard to get rid of players because of wages. Redknapp has already said that they can't afford Adebayor's wages. They'll be loaning him out again, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Congratulations to Man City they do so deserve it - I always like to see the underdogs(not anymore though:)) do well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not a City fan but couldn't bear to see this man happy

AsyYJpzCMAEwSdi.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Man City pitch is going to be hungover at the start of next season at this rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

AsyYJpzCMAEwSdi.png

Steve Bruce :eek: ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Beautiful

d3dd7fc9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

What a great end to the season. Good to see united get on the wrong end of it for a change :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Beautiful

d3dd7fc9.jpg
    Nah, my Sony is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool piping Fulham for 8th on goal difference, Fulham supporters can feel Uniteds pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

happy for the true City fans who followed their club through thick and thin in the 3rd tier not so long ago, brilliant day for them

The bandwagon jumpers can f*ck right off though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Congrats city and Xavi6, we'll bounce back next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Always amusing seeing all the bitter little football fans at the end of the seasons snipping like kids

Man city fans regardless of when you decided to watch and support a very entertaining and deserving team should enjoy this doubt it will be the last one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

AsyYJpzCMAEwSdi.png

Don't worry. I'd imagine he rarely is if that's what he has for a pasttime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Not only congratulations to them, but thank God for them. To see a team as poor as that man u team win a league would have devalued the english league and, indeed, football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Delighted they won it and in the best possible style.

Equally delighted for Fergie.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gratz City, just won me a ridiculous amount of money. Jesus, I was furious before that 3rd goal :D

Probably not the right thread but meh. Fair play to Ferguson. Pretty classy interview just there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not only congratulations to them, but thank God for them. To see a team as poor as that man u team win a league would have devalued the english league and, indeed, football.

Level on points. Not a poor team at all.

• Advertisement

Level on points. Not a poor team at all.
    A poor man's good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

You can add that comment to the recyclingbin!

PS , well done city! Dramatic way to do it. Agony to ecstasy in the space of 5 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Fair play to City delighted for them. No doubt I'll dislike them and get fed up of them in the future :D but nice to see a new team coming and they played some lovely football. Overall deserved the league and credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Gutting way to lose, but City deserve it for the season they had. Congratulations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Im delighted for city, but I really wanna know did aguero get a yellow card or not for taking the jersey off? :D

-Ade- is right, ferguson was very classy in the interview. Fair play to him, even after the city defeat a few weeks ago when tempers were lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gutted over losing it the way we did,but I feel we threw it away with the results against Wigan & Everton.I expected City to win the title after beating us but never to win it the way they did today.
    My heart sank when I saw 5 minutes added time go up,I just had a bad feeling & that bad feeling came to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a moment, what composure :D

1630213_full-lnd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well done City, deserved.
    It's our year next year.

YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

zerks wrote: »
    Gutted over losing it the way we did,but I feel we threw it away with the results against Wigan & Everton.I expected City to win the title after beating us but never to win it the way they did today.
    My heart sank when I saw 5 minutes added time go up,I just had a bad feeling & that bad feeling came to pass.

It's funny that you'd feel that but I remember them showing the run in and ManU supposedly had the easier path than City. However Wigan, ManC and Everton were pretty much the 3x form teams in the run in. To get them all was unfortunate.

I think the best run in you could possibly get would be about 6 midtable teams with nothing much to play for. This idea that relegation zone teams at the end of a campaign are going to be easy is rarely the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Well done city, welcome to the club (of teams who have won since football was invented 20 years back ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Congrats to city they definitely deserved to win the league, they have the best team and squad. But it does make me a bit sad that winning the premiership is becoming whoever has the richest billionaire owner. What chance do other teams have? Some Financial Fair Play would even the playing field. Epic finish by City today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Rezident wrote: »
    Congrats to city they definitely deserved to win the league, they have the best team and squad. But it does make me a bit sad that winning the premiership is becoming whoever has the richest billionaire owner. What chance do other teams have? Some Financial Fair Play would even the playing field. Epic finish by City today though.

This is annoying me tbh. Get with the times

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Big grats to them, My god the drama in the pub watching it. I was sure Utd had done it again and was sitting there in a massive sulk so was half the pub. Then the 2 last minute goals and the amount of noise and celebrations, took about 2 years off me life with the stress watching that game.

Brilliant

Rezident wrote: »
    Indedd.
    Utd are to be congratulaed for even competing after assemblibg their squad on a shoestring.
    Where's Bebe now, btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Congratulations to City.

• Advertisement
Advertisement