Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations to Man City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

congrats on spending the best part of a billion pounds to win the league on goal difference,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    congrats on spending the best part of a billion pounds to win the league on goal difference,

lemonoftroy.jpg

1b720ca5-6d32-4e77-978c-3dabf249bddb_500.jpg

111638hp2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

That's the spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

ooh, that sounds like a typical bitter united fan remark.

Fair play city, about time you won something, it's been a long time coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

money well spent imo

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

well its a fact.. A billion quid to win the league on goal difference..

blueshed wrote: »
    money well spent imo

might as well spend it before uefa bring in this ffp rule..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Would you really say that United fans are typically bitter? They've had **** all to be bitter about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well done City, by far and away the best team over the course of the season and deserved Champions. Sticks in the throat to see Nasri with a medal but it would have been just as hard to see United lift the trophy consdering how poor they've been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Would you really say that United fans are typically bitter? They've had **** all to be bitter about.

Yeah that came across wrong didn't it, sorry about that. United fans are just very bitter when they lose or something is against them, you'd think they'd be a happy bunch knowing how brilliant their team is but a lot of them can be very very sore losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah that came across wrong didn't it, sorry about that. United fans are just very bitter when they lose or something is against them, you'd think they'd be a happy bunch knowing how brilliant their team is but a lot of them can be very very sore losers.

Meh, I think it's a minority. To use the official thread here as a gauge, it's mostly people saying City deserved it with the odd person bitter about finances, be it City's or our's.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Congrats City, the best team won over the course of the season. Serious squad of players that will only improve and dominate the premier league for the forseeable future.

Still proud of United for giving it all and ending level on points with the Champions. Unfortunately we threw it away against the likes of Everton and Wigan towards the end. I think the injury to Vidic really showed up lack of strength in depth in the United squad. That is what made the difference I'm afraid.

Well done again to City. Deserving winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

well done city,and well done to sergio aguero, last min,penalty box,through on goal..score and your team wins title..miss and you loose it..

you get clipped slightly just before you can shoot... you dont go down,dosent even cross your mind to claim a peno....

fair play

deserved title for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Thanks, it feels GGGGRRRRRREEEEEEEAAATT!

Congrats to eh... us. Still sinking in tbh. Stomach is still in knots.

Gillingham in 99 and now this. We really don't do it the easy way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Congratulate what? City should be relieved, especially when you consider they spent €1.2 Billion euro trying to 'win' the title. Yet after all that money spent, they still needed United's stupidity to hand the title back to them. So City should only be relieved at such generosity and nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Congratulate what? City should be relieved, especially when you consider they spent €1.2 Billion euro trying to 'win' the title. Yet after all that money spent, they still needed United's stupidity to hand the title back to them. So City should only be relieved at such generosity and nothing more.

jesus a bit of humility wouldnt go astray, look at the starting 11 last week. City's valued £165m, united's £169m..

bitter much

lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

barone wrote: »
    jesus a bit of humility wouldnt go astray, look at the starting 11 last week. City's valued £165m, united's £169m..

bitter much

Always makes me laugh when United fans whinge about other teams "buying" the league and such. Irony at its finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Magill wrote: »
    Always makes me laugh when United fans whinge about other teams "buying" the league and such. Irony at its finest.

I think you'll find it's hypocrisy, not irony.

The amount of people who don't know the difference between those two words is criminal.

The amount of people who don't know the difference between those two words is criminal.

Ahhh yes. Im sorry. Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

So disappointed as a United fan, but congrats to City especially to Kompany Aguero and Silva fantastic footballers. Looking forward to next season already will hopefully be just as exciting. But with a better outcome :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That was some way to finish a season.

Congrats to City and the city fans. Some crazy stuff went on this season but the attitude to keep going in the Sunderland game proved City were not giving up.

As a United fan I wish things were different but I really believe City deserved to win the title this season. United tried to just do enough in a lot of games while City always looked liked they really wanted each and every victory/point.

The table may say the teams were only separated by goal difference but City beat United twice and beat them well. That is the real difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

They've spent around £650 million to United's £480 million over the last 20 years.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

The difference is -it costs more to build a good team these days and City were skint during the 80s and 90s. It is ironic that the fans that are complaining the most are MU supporters - whose club have been buying the title for years.

Players like Neil McNab, Paul Simpson, Uwe Rossler, David White, Paul Lake, Shaun Goater, Richard Dunne, Niall Quinn and of course Paul Dickov kept the
    team going when there was not much to cheer about. We remember them today.

We hammered United twice and they blew it. I doubt Ferguson will be offered much money next season - it's the beginning of the end for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well done city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They've spent around £650 million to United's £480 million over the last 20 years.

The difference is -it costs more to build a good team these days and City were skint during the 80s and 90s. It is ironic that the fans that are complaining the most are MU supporters - whose club have been buying the title for years.

Players like Neil McNab, Paul Simpson, Uwe Rossler, David White, Paul Lake, Shaun Goater, Richard Dunne, Niall Quinn and of course Paul Dickov kept the

We hammered United twice and they blew it. I doubt Ferguson will be offered much money next season - it's the beginning of the end for him.

All in all. Congrats to City, fantastic season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

"I doubt Ferguson will be offered much money next season - it's the beginning of the end for him"

Are you serious? Thats what my Chelsea thought!

Its easy enough to win it once (No, it is really - given enough cash, sooner rather than later), but building a dynasty is the hard bit as (again) my Chelsea have found out and thats what Utd have done.

Mancini already said he will have to sell to buy, and then theres the tricky bit of blending youth and home grown talent. Again, Utd have the knack and my Chelsea have tried and failed. You cant just keep going out and buying a new squad every seaon or so, its not sustainable.

City have different owners though, so it will be interesting to see their next move - will they put their efforts into the CL?

Chelsea are rebuilding, Utd WILL buy someone, maybe even a midfielder.

Next season is already shaping up nicely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Are you serious? Thats what my Chelsea thought!

Its easy enough to win it once (No, it is really - given enough cash, sooner rather than later), but building a dynasty is the hard bit as (again) my Chelsea have found out and thats what Utd have done.

In fairness to Chelsea when I started watching football they were a ****ty mid-table team (fourth or 5th best in London?) with Kerry Dixon up front, no prospects and a stadium that looked like something that had been bombed by Ze Germans.

In the last 15 years they've got to 2 CL finals won 3 leagues and 15 trophies overall and finished no lower than sixth. I'd say that makes them (without checking) the second most successful team in England for nearly full generation now. They're consistent is what I'm saying. Just because they're not winning the league every year doesn't mean they're a failure.

I think Fergie deserves so much credit for keeping United at the top for so long (it's almost a freak in English football). I think the 'buying clubs' will only ever see the level of dominance they expect once he's finally out of the picture (and by then it'll be too late as it'll just be one Billionaire vanity project vs another vs another etc).

All in all. Congrats to City, fantastic season.

Really tho... it could be classed as ironic... since most wouldn't expect fans of united to complain about teams buying the league (Since its what united have been doing for quite a while). Either way, everyone hates grammar police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kitakyushu wrote: »
    In fairness to Chelsea when I started watching football they were a ****ty mid-table team (fourth or 5th best in London?) with Kerry Dixon up front, no prospects and a stadium that looked like something that had been bombed by Ze Germans.

In the last 15 years they've got to 2 CL finals won 3 leagues and 15 trophies overall and finished no lower than sixth. I'd say that makes them (without checking) the second most successful team in England for nearly full generation now. They're consistent is what I'm saying. Just because they're not winning the league every year doesn't mean they're a failure.

I think Fergie deserves so much credit for keeping United at the top for so long (it's almost a freak in English football). I think the 'buying clubs' will only ever see the level of dominance they expect once he's finally out of the picture (and by then it'll be too late as it'll just be one Billionaire vanity project vs another vs another etc).

Thats one of the best summarys of us in the 80's I've ever read!
    (Did you know that Dixon was a target for Utd, but Atkinson got sacked and Fergie wasnt interested!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Can I ask one question. An earlier poster said thank god for man city...it would be terrible for a team as bad as man utd to win ye league. They finished on the same amount of points. I wouldn't begrudge them the league but I find all this "they were much the better team" stuff a bit hard to swallow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Give me-myball I'm going in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Can I ask one question. An earlier poster said thank god for man city...it would be terrible for a team as bad as man utd to win ye league. They finished on the same amount of points. I wouldn't begrudge them the league but I find all this "they were much the better team" stuff a bit hard to swallow.

Dont . . It just highlights the absolute hatred of United that exists . . even in defeat, people cant awknowledge that United only lost the league with only 1 minute left on the clock and even at that lost on goal differance.

The best team wins the league every year, yet there have been years when United won the league and people moaned about how crap they were.

Congradulations to City, they showed true champions quality when it mattered. I dont begrudge them the win in injury time, as I know its the sign of a classy outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Keep these posts coming. I love them. By the by we didn't try to win the title, we did win it. Champions 2012. Happy out.

144309983_crop_650x440.jpg?1336928167

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

fair play to man city you have some cracking players and you deserved the title this season. well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

yeah, hats off to them. enjoyed watching them throughout the year. play great attacking & entertaining football. thats what it's all about for me, whoever it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Phil jones face at full time was classic, city had 44 shots to QPRs 3, that must be a record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ugh im really hurting now. Well done City. Look forward to the challenge to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

niallo27 wrote: »
    Phil jones face at full time was classic, city had 44 shots to QPRs 3, that must be a record.

Amount of corners was incredible too. Must have been at least 20..

Really thought it wouldn't be City's day. QPR had two attacks plus a free-kick and 2 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Didn't realise that Sunderland fans started doing the Poznan once news of City's winner came through, fecking hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

City had 44 Shots against QPR :eek:
    15 on Target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Can't argue. As much as I want to. City deserved champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

efb wrote: »

Martin Tyler in fine voice there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Congratulations to Citeh!!! Winning in last min. Unbelieveable.
    Going to go on from this, Noisy Neighbours will be having a house party for a few years :D

ManUtd ...Also rans (1st Runners Up) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Congrats City , definitely the best over the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement