Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton....sane or insane?

• 13-05-2012 5:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭

All his talk about being a reformed character but I think we saw his true colours today.

Unbelievable carry on from him today when his club really needed him.

He is a lucky man QPR beat the drop because he certainly would have been the scapegoat if they had not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The sky: green or blue?

He's obviously a nutcase, I don't think that's up for debate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

He is an attention seeker. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Sane or insane?

Neither, just a scumbag!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

He was a bit unlucky to get a red for retaliation and tevez getting away with it. After that he just lost the head a bit when he realised he and ****ed up I guess. It's not that big a deal, whatever sky or the tabloid say. He hardly touched any of them and there wasnt a mark on Tevez after he got up from his collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Complete fucker, simple as

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

He's a scumbag and any club that employs him after his antics has my complete and devoted disrespect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its a pity QPR werent relegated, he'd be even more vilified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bellend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Undercover agent Barton.....integral to City's title win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

anyone have a clip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Off his rocker and hopefully never to step foot in the Premier League again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He's selfish, he only cares about himself. He doesnt give a toss about his employers, team mates, family, friends, fans etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Started his season by being sent off and finished it the same way.
    Says it all really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Started his career at City, ended it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He should get a ban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

anyone have a clip?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4LmUVyPg1rx0zdbI_mOH6dVP-6dY2yBoLeYXXdtbTZaOVp_Jd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ever since his antics against Arsenal on the opening day, I've hated him. Hope he struggles to find a club next season tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Obvious anger-management issues. He'll be fine for awhile and then the red mist comes and he just snaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Barton is a plague on the English game.

I said it after the Arsenal vs. Newcastle match at the start of the season and I'll say it again: Easily the most detestable player I've came across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Joey Barton is not right in the head, don't know why Tony Fernandes bought him.
    Mark Hughes should pay some club to take him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

578961801.jpg?key=51589&Expires=1336928982&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=gXhHWY0iW8fWLJ6oKBqtFTb2he2H6dziK-etn31vGWYYc84a1ZmCnj1z~stoMmDCHO3~g6WflLTHZ-IRSf-yNciwqedIA2Ej4PwrEpKzNDKDnu29EqcrSE0opviGd~ElfAHXZbLhuZGh9Y8D3tYso1q1LGbOAFG0jS1aY2xabg4_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I'd imagine most teams will target him next season I know if I played him I'd be in his ear all game as he's prone to snap in an instant. QPR should get rid of him. Terrible player to have when battling relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was the Richards walking him off the pitch?

-Ade- wrote: »
    578961801.jpg?key=51589&Expires=1336928982&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=gXhHWY0iW8fWLJ6oKBqtFTb2he2H6dziK-etn31vGWYYc84a1ZmCnj1z~stoMmDCHO3~g6WflLTHZ-IRSf-yNciwqedIA2Ej4PwrEpKzNDKDnu29EqcrSE0opviGd~ElfAHXZbLhuZGh9Y8D3tYso1q1LGbOAFG0jS1aY2xabg4_

He didn't want to fight tho. He wanted to get a few sly digs in and then run away.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was the Richards walking him off the pitch?

Yeah. I'd imagine he knew him well from City. Dunno how any club could have him

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

I thought the whole thing was rather funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Loathsome individual. Best thing Ashley did was give him a free transfer.

That's the end of his premiership career today. Football should rejoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Issues, Cisse on the other hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

He is no worse than Roy Keane. They lose the head, way too easily on a football pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Why did he get sent off in the first place? I can't see much of what he did? All handbags in the end. Football needs to man up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

He is an attention seeker. Simple as.

he will be on twitter later no doubt

if he was not a soccer player he would have spent more time in jail than most normal people.

flanzer wrote: »
    Why did he get sent off in the first place? I can't see much of what he did? All handbags in the end. Football needs to man up

Elbowed Tevez and the linesman saw it. (that's what I took it for anyway?) Aguero and Kompany efforts were just his parting gifts for the club that raised him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought he was a disgrace. Not sure if he's their captain but I know he has been at times and to behave like that when your fellow players and fans and management need you is inexcusable.

Looked like he also tried to go for another City player after the knee incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

flanzer wrote: »

you cant elbow someone, fair enough if the elbow would not do anything to my mam let alone a soccer player getting 100k a week or whatever, but that's beside the point

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Only for he was restrained he would have beaten seven shades out of Balotelli. He completely lost the plot. Striking, kneeing and headbutting someone is inexcusable nothing else about it and his track record doesn't help him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I didn't think it was that outrageous, typical knacker behaviour, but he should learn to control his anger better considering how Tevez did actually hit him as seen on the replay.

I didn't think it was that outrageous, typical knacker behaviour, but he should learn to control his anger better considering how Tevez did actually hit him as seen on the replay.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If he gets to play PL next year people will be doing all sorts to wind him up. Why not sure he'll get sent off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

if he was not a soccer player he would have spent more time in jail than most normal people.

he already has!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Had that been Roy Keane we would have had a list of reasons why he did it.

Provocation, racism, time of the month and so on.

The real crime is letting his team down.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Thought QPR played better after the sending, some teams just do realy well with 10men cause they have this cornered animal feeling so they do 110%.

He is a mentaler though, his knee into the back of the lad then he tried to headbutt someone else which was missed by the commentators, but if u watch vid you can see him try headbutt 2 people after. Be interesting to see his tweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

you cant elbow someone, fair enough if the elbow would not do anything to my mam let alone a soccer player getting 100k a week or whatever, but that's beside the point

Any link the research indicating the amount you earn is in proportion to your ability to take an elbow on the chin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
    Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

I didn't see the game but going by the grainy youtube videos, was it a clear as day intentional elbow?
    Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
    Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.

I think he's refering to the subsequent argy bargy here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cgpg5 wrote: »
    darced wrote: »
    Pure stupidity but hardly crime of the century,you see far worse on the local soccer and gaa pitches every week

Only for he was restrained he would have beaten seven shades out of Balotelli. He completely lost the plot. Striking, kneeing and headbutting someone is inexcusable nothing else about it and his track record doesn't help him.
    It would have been balotellis fault for involving himself when he wasn't even playing.

Serious lack of moral outrage being shared with tevez for starting it. Only saw it once and from a distance but he wouldn't have gotten an elbow otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He's up and about on Twitter -
    Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Any link the research indicating the amount you earn is in proportion to your ability to take an elbow on the chin?

60% of the time, It works every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Lol at bartons tweet.

Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He's up and about on Twitter -

Typical from his type!

"Yeah, I assaulted a few people, but f*ck it! I got what I wanted. Joke's on you!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement