Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton....sane or insane?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

RGDATA! wrote: »
    he already has!

well ya, but more than that...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

He's selfish, he only cares about himself. He doesnt give a toss about his employers, team mates, family, friends, fans etc.

Same as the guy he was involved in the incident with, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Same as the guy he was involved in the incident with, in fairness.

When Tevez does what Barton did on a pitch, you'll have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Corholio wrote: »
    When Tevez does what Barton did on a pitch, you'll have a point.

Like exaggerate level of contact on the pitch? It was fun watching those two cnuts have a bit of on-field drama, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was the Richards walking him off the pitch?

That was completely bizarre. City were in a mess, the title was slipping away from them and all the likes of Richards and Lescott cared about was how their mate Joey was.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Should have let him and Mario get it on, funny as f...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

It would have been balotellis fault for involving himself when he wasn't even playing.

Serious lack of moral outrage being shared with tevez for starting it. Only saw it once and from a distance but he wouldn't have gotten an elbow otherwise

Why wouldn't you get involved with him? He's going to lose the handle clearly. A lad like Balotelli is best ignored anyway, he saw that Joey was riled up and had a go. At least other players who get stick from the opposition learn to get on with it like pros

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He's up and about on Twitter -

Lovely guy. Saying "who cares?" about what he did, because they stayed up. If they want to stay up next season he has to be offloaded. can't see who'd want him though. What a waste of talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Lovely guy. Saying "who cares?" about what he did, because they stayed up. If they want to stay up next season he has to be offloaded. can't see who'd want him though. What a waste of talent

Him and Diouf at Leeds with Warnock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Look if he just took his punishment like a good boy he probably might have come out of it with some credit, but his actions after the card was shown are inexcesably and I can't see any QPR fan wanting him at their club next year

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

He is just an idiot. Plain and simple.

Liable to flip at anytime as he did today.

Doesn't seem to be getting more sense with age either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Why the **** did he kick Aguero? He wasnt even talking to him!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Why the **** did he kick Aguero? He wasnt even talking to him!

To get someone sent off with him apparently. Played for us last season delighted he's gone would like to think his kind aren't welcome at NUFC (or QPR for that matter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Complete idiot. Hes very lucky that they stayed up in the end.

Aguero went down in a heap from what looked a nothing kick. Scummy thing to do, don't get me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Aguero went down in a heap from what looked a nothing kick..

You have got to be kidding, it was a venomous knee in the thigh area

You have got to be kidding, it was a venomous knee in the thigh area

Venomous?

You've got to be kidding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Complete idiot. Hes very lucky that they stayed up in the end.

Aguero went down in a heap from what looked a nothing kick. Scummy thing to do, don't get me wrong.

Is that a joke? A knee to the thigh like that is unbelievably sore. Worse still he wasn't facing him so was totally unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Wouldn't be surprised if he turns up at West Ham, Allardyce previously signed him for Newcastle and has a good relationship with Kevin Nolan but may be wrong there.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Is that a joke? A knee to the thigh like that is unbelievably sore. Worse still he wasn't facing him so was totally unexpected.

No, its not a joke.

After watching it a few more times I still can't see why it was enough for him to fall. And I also don't think it was his thigh, from the video I seen in anyways. Very well could have been. Just thought he made a meal of it is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liable to flip at anytime as he did today.

Doesn't seem to be getting more sense with age either.

Has absolutely no respect for anyone on the pitch, I hope QPR let him go and he's forced to drop down a division or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

he's just a man with a bad temper!

Perfectly sane, just an idiot who cant control himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

He seems to fit right in at QPR tbh, what is that 7 reds for the season, and Sparky wasn't shy about throwing a dig in his playing days, before reverting to his ' i wont shake your hand ' antics now hes a manager. Match made in heaven id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

No, its not a joke.

After watching it a few more times I still can't see why it was enough for him to fall. And I also don't think it was his thigh, from the video I seen in anyways. Very well could have been. Just thought he made a meal of it is all.

You are having a laugh. Just saw it again and he digs into him from behind.
    The only meal you'll be making will have sour grapes as the key ingredient.

jacool wrote: »
    You are having a laugh. Just saw it again and he digs into him from behind.
    The only meal you'll be making will have sour grapes as the key ingredient.

Can you show me where I was sour please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Venomous?

You've got to be kidding.

Yes venomous, you are the one here saying it was a 'nothing kick'. It was actually a forceful knee in the thigh and if you ever experienced one, I will bet you €100 that you will be down on the ground in seconds

captureort.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Barton is a skidmark on the underpants of football. He has an enormously inflated view of his own importance and ability as a footballer. He has no place in the game and I hope he gets banned for a long time after today. A parasite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Can you show me where I was sour please?

Get back in your box will ya?

Who gives a rats? He was kneed viciously by Joey Barton in the thigh, it's painful. Did you see Barton's face as he did it? He went down, so what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Guys leave Barton alone, he was only showing how much he really kneeded to win that match....hweh hweh hweh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Tevez cheated by making such a big deal out of a touch. OK Barton should not have fallen for it .......... but he did. Tevez is a cheat. If Man City had not won he would find some reason to return to his family. He's a big girl's blouse. And a pretty ugly one as well (pun not intended).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I don't like Barton but if his was a red Red Tevez should have gone as well.Both of them at it ,just that Tevez went down in a heal.
    What happened afterwards was just mental.Probably get 6 game ban.He will still be a EPL player next season I have no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Yes venomous, you are the one here saying it was a 'nothing kick'. It was actually a forceful knee in the thigh and if you ever experienced one, I will bet you €100 that you will be down on the ground in seconds

Seriously? Going down because of a knee in the thigh is pathetic.

Not condoning what he done but I can't see the need to go to ground because of a knee to the thigh.

Any club would be foolish to bring him in. Pathetic stuff.

Spread wrote: »
    Tevez cheated by making such a big deal out of a touch. OK Barton should not have fallen for it .......... but he did. Tevez is a cheat. If Man City had not won he would find some reason to return to his family. He's a big girl's blouse. And a pretty ugly one as well (pun not intended).

Who cares? Why are you talking about Tevez? THis is about Barton! He got a red card, assaulted Aguero, assaulted(?) Kompany and was on his way to assaulting Balotelli.

But year, Tevez is a blouse! Sure you don't wanna bring Luiz Suarez into this somehow? Or Patrice Evra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Big deal made of nothing. Tevez didn't cover himself in glory either.

Barton was incensed by the red, and Aguero kept annoying him as well.
    Joey knew as soon as he tapped Aguero that he was in trouble.

Balotelli just looked for even more trouble then, he should be punished from coming all the way from the subs bench.

Either way, feel a bit sorry for Joey. City fans must love him though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

curry-muff wrote: »
    Seriously? Going down because of a knee in the thigh is pathetic.

Not condoning what he done but I can't see the need to go to ground because of a knee to the thigh.

+1 He barely hit him.
    That the type of **** kids to do each other in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Doocey wrote: »

Balotelli just looked for even more trouble then, he should be punished from coming all the way from the subs bench.

You feel sorry for Joey Barton?

Yeah he's just misunderstood and a really nice guy, he was trying to swat a fly on Tevez's face with his elbow, he tried to to gently massage Aguero's leg and he didn't try to headbutt Kompany, he just wanted to whisper sweet nothings in his ear :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

You feel sorry for Joey Barton?

Yeah he's just misunderstood and a really nice guy, he was trying to swat a fly on Tevez's face with his elbow, he tried to to gently massage Aguero's leg and he didn't try to headbutt Kompany, he just wanted to whisper sweet nothings in his ear :rolleyes:

Maybe if he was at your club for a few years you might have a different opinion..

Much ado about nothing, per usual in the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Min wrote: »
    Joey Barton is not right in the head, don't know why Tony Fernandes bought him.

Warnock brought him in on a free before Fernandes took over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Barton was looking for someone to take a retaliatory swipe at him, after he kneed Aguero and tried to loaf Kompany. That way he could collapse like a card house, get a City player red-carded and level things up. He has admitted this on Twitter.

What a gent.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Barton was looking for someone to take a retaliatory swipe at him, after he kneed Aguero and tried to loaf Kompany. That way he could collapse like a card house, get a City player red-carded and level things up. He has admitted this on Twitter.

What a gent.

Bullsh*t! He's now making excuses!

His face when he hit Aguero said it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Bullsh*t! He's now making excuses!

His face when he hit Aguero said it all!

Ah, scousers look like that all the time :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pity he was stopped before tearing Ballotelli a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Frank Warren should apply to the Luxenburgh Boxing Feberation for a license to fight Ballotelli with Barton, that's a scrap I'd pay to see with Chisora and Haye on the under card!

How did Aguero keep annoying him. he rightfully confronted him after he elbowed his teammate.

Balotelli was warming up on the sideline.Was very harmless at that stage saying anything would've riled Barton up.
    Maybe if he was at your club for a few years you might have a different opinion..

Fellow Newcastle fan and I'm disappointed tbh that you're standing up for him. Seeing this makes me delighted he's out of our club. We got on nicely without him too this season. Played a nice role in our relegation too. Remember Shearer was fuming with him at the time. Tbh don't know how any club could put up with him.

Wouldn't mind if he manned up and apologised properly after but coming out and saying that he tried to get someone else sent off with him is quite scummy if you don't mind me saying. And alos trying to justify his behaviour

The guy clearly has issues and needs to get sorted out. Has the potential to be a tremendous player, wasted it all. Should have been in a position to be starring for his country in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What if he was arrested for assault whilst playing for your club? Oh wait....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/footballer-barton-arrested-for-assault-767027.html

Paully D wrote: »
    What if he was arrested for assault whilst playing for your club? Oh wait....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/footballer-barton-arrested-for-assault-767027.html

He was an idiot at our club and good riddance. Behaved like a child on the first day of the season too. Shame to see such a waste of talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

cgpg5 wrote: »
    He was an idiot at our club and good riddance. Behaved like a child on the first day of the season too. Shame to see such a waste of talent

Fought with Shearer during your relegation season too after getting sent off at Liverpool IIRC?

Paully D wrote: »
    Fought with Shearer during your relegation season too after getting sent off at Liverpool IIRC?

Never seen Shearer as mad in a post match interview. Named and shamed him the whole works. How a team that is battling relegation (and likely to be doing so again next season) decides to appoint him captain is frankly beyond a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

it was as if Balotelli was jealous of Barton gettin attention for controversy
    seeing as that is Balotelli's job

• Advertisement
Advertisement