Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton....sane or insane?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

@MrJimmyCorkhill

Sunday, 13 May 2012

AN OPEN LETTER TO JOEY BARTON

Alright twat features?

I’m seeing my arse here as you’ve made such a bad show of yourself today, that I have finally been tipped over the edge and I’m having to put pen to paper on you, on a Sunday night. My Sunday Dinner hasn’t even settled yet, and I don’t think it will tonight due to the fact that you remain in the world. Quiff and all.

People have been asking me to do a letter to you for a while. Could never be arsed wasting my time on you, but, well, then TODAY happened.

As a person, you’re despicable.

You come from a family of pure ****.

Your 'brother' and your ‘cousin’ murdered Anthony Walker, the young black lad, because he was black. #RIP

Your ‘cousins’ murdered an innocent Dad #RIP

And you:
    • May 2005 you broke a guy’s leg while driving your car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am.
    • March 2007 you got arrested for suspicion of assault on a taxi driver and criminal damage.
    • May 2008 you got 6 months in prison for assault and affray outside McDonalds.
    • July 2008 you got a four months suspended sentence for assault and ABH on a Man City team mate, ending your Man City career. You also got charged by the FA for violent conduct.

You & 'your family' are the kind of people that give Liverpool a bad name.

As a footballer, you’re despicable.

I'm not going to back track at all your other attention seeking sendings off, like the headbutt v Norwich which got you a straight red and QPR then lost 1-2 at home.

Its today that’s pissed me off.

Your team were fighting to avoid relegation, and you act the **** and get a red card.
    Then…. Your actions AFTER your red card? Just shouldn’t be seen on a football pitch. Your scum genetics took over and you kick out at Aguero who had nothing to do with your sending off. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a City fan. And I’d rather have them win the league than Utd, so in a way THANKS FOR THAT.

But now you’re mouthing off on twitter about “who gives a ****” .. and how you did what you had to do. And who cares, you stayed up, that’s all that matters? And that you are off to CELEBRATE?? Celebrate??? You should be sent home to sit on the ****ing naughty step lad.

Your team survived by the skin of your yellow teeth today. A penalty at Stoke v Bolton is what saved you. And you are ****ing lucky. Otherwise you and “your team” would be down, pretty much because of you. And no offence to any QPR fans reading, but I ****ing wish you had gone down just to teach your smug rat tashed ****ing face a lesson.

And then you start tweeting that a team mate told you to “take one of the city players with you”. Bad disgrace that. You should be banned for life. No place for players like you. The media are going to be all over that tweet, and all QPR players will get tarred with the cheating brush. Well done lad. There’s no I in team is there? But there’s a ****ing I in prick!

And setting aside the fact that you did it. Now you’re grassing? You can’t live life grassing that someone else told you to do something? Be your own man.

Mind you, Rick Astley told you to get that hair cut you’ve got, didn’t he.

Bottom line is, “Joseph”, underneath all your controversy and the BIG I AM act that you constantly hide behind, is the fact that you just aren’t that good. ARE YOU?

So you act up, stir controversy, mouth off, kick out, and play the big guns on twitter, to keep a name for yourself. Don’t you?

Lad, you play for a team that just survived relegation by an ant’s penis, and you’ve got the same amount of England caps as that David Nugent . ONE. ****ing David Nugent. Says it all. Thing is though, Nugent was born in Huyton too. But, guess what, he isn’t a bad disgrace to Merseyside. Or humans in general, is he?

Assess your life, lad. Assess your life. Because me and all the people that read and retweet this are telling you, you are ****ing bad at it.

http://mrjimmycorkhill.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/open-letter-to-joey-barton.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

That blogger is a prime prat for bringing Barton's family into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

meriwether wrote: »
    That blogger is a prime prat for bringing Barton's family into it.

He also has no concept of the English language looking at the p!ss poor grammar used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Barton is obviously a Smiths fan as these words are plagerised directly from a song called "Still Ill" :rolleyes: -
    "For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I seen them, but not very often..."

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/barton-denies-ban-ploy-3107935.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

vicwatson wrote: »
    Barton is obviously a Smiths fan as these words are plagerised directly from a song called "Still Ill" :rolleyes: -

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/barton-denies-ban-ploy-3107935.html
    Hardly plagiarising in fairness. He put quote marks around the sentence and then talks about The Smiths a couple of tweets later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Alledgedly he's a talented player, although I've yet to see proof of it too much, but talented players will always be signed and played by clubs.

Cantona's attack on a supporter (merited thought it probably was) was far far worse than Barton's actions. That's no excusing Barton. He needs some serious anger management classes....although he'd probably end up head-butting the person giving the classes.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

579439583.png?key=509380&Expires=1337000832&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=p87NGowBhigdETw5R0HkhQJ69vhEpTFiq0Yxtyp-ZTssHYphC3lH~CBAIUYUGoqxnXphjvRjqOrDQDOAdYiJJOzUyAzBTKMXBl1n9cNcZaYsRt6KyVa~3nB1IsSJyTnlpb6Nfs9WnMnjt9ZkxyZIgQTfj5KblgiDjeYn239-s94_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Spread wrote: »
    Shearer? Coming from a self styled hard man who has won fuck all of note, except a First Div medal with Blackburn about 16 years ago ............ his thoughts really have gravitas.

And as regards you hating QPR ............ what exactly do you hate? The fact that they stopped you winning a losing docket? You seem to have a very narrow focus.

Are you for real?

Shearer has achieved much more than Barton ever will in his career.
    For the majority, Shearer spent it at the top, and that includes the goalscoring charts.

And just because you mentioned it, Shearer was one of the toughest nuts you could come up against as a centre back. He played on in a lot of matches with half gashed heads, went through serious injuries only to come an even better player.

Arguably the greatest every English striker, might not even be up for argument but I'm a fair debater.

He has won a Premier League, and represented his country more than Barton's measily one cap.

So please, again another poster, that have little or no clue of what they're talking about when it comes to history, or players of the past.

Once again as well, the topic has gone off it's subject..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pighead wrote: »
    Hardly plagiarising in fairness. He put quote marks around the sentence and then talks about The Smiths a couple of tweets later.

Just taking it from here - The Irish Independent - it's in quotes so....http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/barton-denies-ban-ploy-3107935.html -
    He added: "Right enough about yesterday, I apologise to everyone offended by it. If that's not enough for some, so be it. Life is too short.
    "Things happen on the pitch, in the heat of battle sometimes. Not how we always plan them to happen.
    "For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I seen them, but not very often..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

-Ade- wrote: »
    579439583.png?key=509380&Expires=1337000832&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=p87NGowBhigdETw5R0HkhQJ69vhEpTFiq0Yxtyp-ZTssHYphC3lH~CBAIUYUGoqxnXphjvRjqOrDQDOAdYiJJOzUyAzBTKMXBl1n9cNcZaYsRt6KyVa~3nB1IsSJyTnlpb6Nfs9WnMnjt9ZkxyZIgQTfj5KblgiDjeYn239-s94_

That really is pathetic from Barton. Surprised Lineker is tweeting him and it is trying to wind him up but at least its football related.

From the sounds of it Barton is threatening to expose some off field antics by Lineker.

Childish really.

• Advertisement

He'll probably expose that Lineker doesn't really eat Walker's Crisps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

-Ade- wrote: »

I'd love to see if there is discrepancy in grammar between when Barton was having his tweets ghostwritten/pr'd and when it was writing them himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Never wrestle with a pig Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Doocey wrote: »
    Are you for real?

For the majority, Shearer spent it at the top, and that includes the goalscoring charts.

And just because you mentioned it, Shearer was one of the toughest nuts you could come up against as a centre back. He played on in a lot of matches with half gashed heads, went through serious injuries only to come an even better player.

Arguably the greatest every English striker, might not even be up for argument but I'm a fair debater.

He has won a Premier League, and represented his country more than Barton's measily one cap.

So please, again another poster, that have little or no clue of what they're talking about when it comes to history, or players of the past.

Plus Shearer could easily have had more than one Premier League medal had he not chosen to turn United down twice.

Also, he won more than just the Premier League title, or have people forgotten him lifting Le Tournoi? :cool:

Why was Hansen spared the wrath of this literary genius? I can only imagine he was onside with Shearer/Lineker last night?

Ah I doubt he has anything on squeaky clean to be fair...good nickname that...

I'd say squeaky clean's cupboard is clean enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

glwp8.png
    dont exactly recall shearer hiding away from keano during those spats they had on the pitch years ago, joey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Tevez cheated by making such a big deal out of a touch. OK Barton should not have fallen for it .......... but he did. Tevez is a cheat. If Man City had not won he would find some reason to return to his family. He's a big girl's blouse. And a pretty ugly one as well (pun not intended).
    shangri la wrote: »
    what pun?

Got it? Good!

glwp8.png
    dont exactly recall shearer hiding away from keano during those spats they had on the pitch years ago, joey

I remember it vividly. It happened exactly like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVud9h7snA&t=2m20s

or maybe not. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Shearer? Coming from a self styled hard man who has won fuck all of note, except a First Div medal with Blackburn about 16 years ago ............ his thoughts really have gravitas.

And as regards you hating QPR ............ what exactly do you hate? The fact that they stopped you winning a losing docket? You seem to have a very narrow focus.

Haha got a great laugh from this you sir have made yourself look an absolute plonker.

• Advertisement

Are you for real?

He's a QPR fan lads we'll let him off! "Winning nothing of note.." Oh the irony

Got it? Good!

That's an awful thing to say about someone. Have shame

I reckon Mark Hughes will sell Barton after that episode.

Hughes was within minutes of handing Man City defeat and Title defeat which he would have loved after the way he was shafted by them.

Then Barton goes and gets himself sent off, and QPR started to fall apart.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    That's an awful thing to say about someone. Have shame

You seem to have a problem with the truth/realty ........ he's got a face only a mother could love .... or a fired up llama
    plasmaguy wrote: »
    I reckon Mark Hughes will sell Barton after that episode.

Hughes was within minutes of handing Man City defeat and Title defeat which he would have loved after the way he was shafted by them.

Then Barton goes and gets himself sent off, and QPR started to fall apart.

They went ahead after Barton got sent off

You seem to have a problem with the truth/realty ........ he's got a face only a mother could love .... or a fired up llama

They went ahead after Barton got sent off

Yeh but couldn't stay ahead which is the crucial part.

They scored from a counter attack, in fact both goals were counter attacks, although one of them was missed header from Lescott, so not sure that can be counted as a counter attack.

They were on the defensive the whole match apart from two attacks. They had 11 men behind the ball for most of the game, 10 after Barton got sent off.

Ah who knows what could have happened, but I'd hate to have Barton in my team if I was a manager because he's liable to do anything.

Did anyone see his newsnight interview with Paxman....he comes across as normal enough, reasonably intelligent, etc...

Having said that, the twitter posts shows it's not just restricted to the football field.

Serious anger management issues.

Now THAT is harsh. Poor old Carlos hardly his fault. You're very mean...

Haha still can't get over how hilarious that comment you made about Shearer was.

Perhaps that is the reason why his mother's brother keeps sayin' , "Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

To be fair to Tevez, he had an accident when he was a kid with boiling water if IIRC so a bit harsh. Whether you knew that or not I don't know, I'll assume you didn't.

Not the biggest fan of Carlos though as a player, I'd still be looking for him out of the club if I was a City fan. Treated the club like dirt, and then returned when he felt like it.

Anyway, Joey doesn't seem to have been sacked by QPR!

• Advertisement

Perhaps that is the reason why his mother's brother keeps sayin' , "Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!":D

C'mon leave it out ffs.

Although with his salary I wouldn't give two sh**s what I look like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Slightly off topic but here's a post match interview with Balotelli.

I think he's hilarious.

To be fair to Tevez, he had an accident when he was a kid with boiling water if IIRC so a bit harsh. Whether you knew that or not I don't know, I'll assume you didn't.

Not the biggest fan of Carlos though as a player, I'd still be looking for him out of the club if I was a City fan. Treated the club like dirt, and then returned when he felt like it.

Anyway, Joey doesn't seem to have been sacked by QPR!

Strange one. For an isolated incident it would be very extreme sacking him but given his track record I wouldn't blame QPR for giving him door.

The problem is they can leave him out of the team but that gets them nowhere! Will probably make him worse.

I can't understand how people find him that entertaining. Granted many modern day footballers tend to be boring but this guy is just a plonker. He's not really funny in anyway. His tweets are just cringe. He'd be better off just deleting his twitter tbh. Personally I'd find someone like Balotelli a lot more entertaining tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

"@WhoScored: Joey Barton: @Joey7Barton made 490 inaccurate passes in the opposition half of the pitch this season - the most of all outfielders in the PL"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Paparazzo wrote: »
    "@WhoScored: Joey Barton: @Joey7Barton made 490 inaccurate passes in the opposition half of the pitch this season - the most of all outfielders in the PL"

I imagine including goalkeepers too :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why are they all picking on Joey ? He really is a very nice lad at heart.
    No need for them to keep punishing him :D

From f365:
    http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7755933/The-Page-That-Is-Pretty-Confident-That-All-Happened
    Barton of course couldn't help himself when quite justifiably criticised by Alan Shearer on Match of the Day. Gary Lineker took him up on this, and Joseph replied:

'Just don't like how he gets personal...'

Let's have a look at what Shearer actually said about Barton: "There's no need for Barton's actions. He just swings out violently at Tevez. It's just sheer madness. We've seen it before and we'll see it again - that's what you get with him. He's never going to calm down unfortunately."

And let's see what Barton said about Shearer: "I really don't like that prick, in fact I honestly despise him... I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon, then threatened FA if they banned him...That he would retire from international football. No sorry, not having him, never have. Selfish, boring man him. He can do one...My favourite memory of him though is when he dropped his spuds when Keano put it on him. Goodnight Al, sleep well matey..."

But yeah, it's a step too far when someone makes it personal, eh Joey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

By the way Joey Barton loves all of this.
    Every word.
    1.5m followers on Twitter.
    Lineker has only 600,000.
    Says it all really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

kitakyushu wrote: »
    I remember it vividly. It happened exactly like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVud9h7snA&t=2m20s

or maybe not. :pac:

No, shearer just stood there, while keane made a total fool of himself, losing his head, trying to have a fight but beckham, neville and blanc holding him back. Captain fantastic my arsse!
    Keane even admitted it in his book, "hes right, im the pr1ck". And he also says the bus home to manchester from the game was very lonely, and keane realised he had to change his ways.

As I said, barton has temper issues like keane. But keane was a great player, and manager and fans always forgave him! With joey, i wonder what the future will hold.
    And having sly digs on the internet about people is very foolish when he let down his fans yesterday. He should defo delete his twitter and just concentrate on football

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18060989

He could face a 10 match ban, he deserves it he's a frickin ginnett.

• Advertisement

Longer summer holiday.
    Back then in early October at QPR.
    Can you imagine how much money he can make out of this?
    Big picture people big picture.

Longer summer holiday.
    Back then in early October at QPR.
    Can you imagine how much money he can make out of this?
    Big picture people big picture.

I've seen him getting pundit gigs on the Beeb. Yeah he's a smart enough fcker all right, but when it comes to his actual career he hasn't delivered on his potential. That's what makes him a ginnett at the end of the day.

He'll probably make a mess of his pundit gigs in the long run too btw.

I've seen him getting pundit gigs on the Beeb. Yeah he's a smart enough fcker all right, but when it comes to his actual career he hasn't delivered on his potential. That's what makes him a ginnett at the end of the day.

10 years after Saipan who was the big winner?
    Keane got his book out and made a fortune on the back of it.
    He got called all sorts of names by people at the time.
    Barton to do the same.

10 years after Saipan who was the big winner?
    Keane got his book out and made a fortune on the back of it.
    He got called all sorts of names by people at the time.
    Barton to do the same.

You're not comparing Joey Barton with Roy Keane are ya?

Roy Keane had his controversial moments, but Roy Keane delivered on his potential as a footballer and won many honours in the game. There's no comparison between the two in that regard.

You're not comparing Joey Barton with Roy Keane are ya?

Roy Keane had his controversial moments, but Roy Keane delivered on his potential as a footballer and won many honours in the game. There's no comparison between the two in that regard.

Barton is only being held to account because of his violent actions.
    Keane also lashed out.
    Haaland, Southgate and Poyet three instances of criminal brutality that come to mind.
    If Barton was as good as Keane would you forgive him his sins?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

10 is way too much. I hope he doesnt get that many games, joke if he does.
    As Rooney (elbow to mcCarthy last season), keane on haaland(was only 3 to begin with, but 5 extra games after his book came out), didnt get as much as barton. Plenty more examples of course.
    And all he did was lose the head, sly elbow, knee in the arse (as terry did against barca a few weeks ago), and nearly a head butt.
    5games is enough.

I wonder are they making an example of him, as it was such a big game, and watched by millions all over the world. I wonder would he get 10 games if he did it against wigan on a saturday afternoon in november that wasnt live on tv???

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Why the **** did he kick Aguero? He wasnt even talking to him!

Either he confused him with Tevez and thought he'd get revenge, a second time, or else he thought all you argies are the same....was he having a go at Zabaleta too on the way off?

Love to see Ballotelli and Barton square up, two biggest nutters in English football.

Balloteli no saint either, after his attempted stamp on poor Scotty Parker.

inmyday wrote: »
    As Rooney (elbow to mcCarthy last season), keane on haaland(was only 3 to begin with, but 5 extra games after his book came out), didnt get as much as barton. Plenty more examples of course.
    And all he did was lose the head, sly elbow, knee in the arse (as terry did against barca a few weeks ago), and nearly a head butt.
    5games is enough.

I wonder are they making an example of him, as it was such a big game, and watched by millions all over the world. I wonder would he get 10 games if he did it against wigan on a saturday afternoon in november that wasnt live on tv???

Lol...10 isn't enough in my view...

First he elbowed a guy, then he kneed a guy in the thigh, then he tried to headbutt a guy..if he wasn't stopped he'd have punched, kicked, elbowed and nutted the whole Man City team and then move on to Mancini, Platty, and Kiddy...

Ok maybe exagerating a small bit there..

inmyday wrote: »
    5games is enough.

Ehhh, you realise he gets the standard three match ban anyway and that's without factoring in kneeing a player and attempting to headbutt one after being sent off? Ten isn't enough.

I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at that second paragraph!

Barton is only being held to account because of his violent actions.
    Keane also lashed out.
    Haaland, Southgate and Poyet three instances of criminal brutality that come to mind.
    If Barton was as good as Keane would you forgive him his sins?

When Keane lashed out he was vilified and reprimanded as well, what he did in Saipan that time was ridiculous.

The point I'm making is in terms of making the most of skills and developing true potential in pure footballing ability, Keane did that, Barton didn't. That's where there is a huge difference and no comparison between the two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement