Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karrimor Lite Trekking Trainers

Options
  • 13-05-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Just a little advice on a product as advertised for light trekking by Karrimor. I had the product for six weeks prior to noticing a little dampness. The soles were opening up. Used most sat/suns for walking around Killiney hill - nothing more. Ive no proof of purchase but have sent
    the company an email.

2rghyl1.jpg

289x5dj.jpg

2h6tzj6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

That's very poor, alright. Let us know what the company comes back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

sorry, but you'll be lucky to get any satisfaction out of Karrimor.

they were a high end, serious brand in the 80's - sadly they went bust and the brand name was bought by a number of seperate companies, the biggest of which - the one that makes shoes, boots, waterproofs, some rucksacks etc - makes absolute tat. they are, you'll be shocked to hear, part of the uber-chavvy 'sports direct' group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

OS119 wrote: »

they were a high end, serious brand in the 80's - sadly they went bust and the brand name was bought by a number of seperate companies, the biggest of which - the one that makes shoes, boots, waterproofs, some rucksacks etc - makes absolute tat. they are, you'll be shocked to hear, part of the uber-chavvy 'sports direct' group.

Is that what happened to Karrimor? I was always impressed with their military packs back in the day, but I bought a civvi daysack from them recently, and it was useless. I'm looking at their SF range at the minute, a Predator 45 or Tecmac. Any idea if the quality is still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

No replies as of yet, i will be staying with Hitec and their Vlite products in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Donny5 wrote: »
    Is that what happened to Karrimor? I was always impressed with their military packs back in the day, but I bought a civvi daysack from them recently, and it was useless. I'm looking at their SF range at the minute, a Predator 45 or Tecmac. Any idea if the quality is still there?

Karrimor SF are a different company - no connection at all - their stuff is the dogs danglies and is absolutely top notch.

i think that the head boy from the Karrimor of old - who made the still servicable purple and yellow Hot Ice daysac 20 years ago thats currently under my bed - went on to form OMM, and that the people who designed and built the brilliant stuff that Karrimor was famous for went to other outdoor companies. i don't believe that there is any real connection between the company of 20 years ago and the crud that you find marked 'karrimor' in the shops.

i have heard that they don't actually have a design/build process - that they, 'the brand' just go around the various Chinese factories putting Karrimor labels on random stuff they like and then flogging it.

i wouldn't touch any of their stuff with a burning stick - not least because of the fire risk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

OS119 wrote: »

This.

Always on special offer in the local Sports Outlet shop. Had a read online to say what people thought and apparently Sports Direct (of Mike Ashley/Newcastle United fame) own the brand now. Basically, they churn out low quality product at cheap prices using the Karrimor name.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

The unlucky runners in question are now Ballyogan bound, ive a new pair of Asics for running around ~ with a little hope the readers of this wont part with €38 so easily for a lite trekker with a 42 day lifespan.

Advertisement