Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women from Ireland are the least satisfied in Europe with their sex life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Unbelieveable.

The poll states that Irish women have the most sex but are the most unsatisfied. Immediately a "irish women are dogs... Fat... Need to stop eating kebabs..." starts. There is nothing like the delusion of men, seriously IRISH MEN are lecturing anyone about keeping fit and goodlooking? Hilarious.

If Irish women have the most sex then attracting a partner obviously isn't the problem. You're all suggesting that because she's a dog she's not recieving a decent effort, yet you're servicing this howler three times a week? And yet even more confusingly, Irish women are the ones who give it up out of duty? I'm not seeing the logic there.

I'd warrant a guess given our culture of extreme drinking / bad fitness / lack of romance that Irish couples often fall into a very routine drunken approach towards sex. Both sides should make more of an effort, holding women solely responsible is ludicrous. Staying fit, attractive, attentive and speaking up for yourself would help if it came from both parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Katgurl wrote: »
    Unbelieveable.

The poll states that Irish women have the most sex but are the most unsatisfied. Immediately a "irish women are dogs... Fat... Need to stop eating kebabs..." starts. There is nothing like the delusion of men, seriously IRISH MEN are lecturing anyone about keeping fit and goodlooking? Hilarious.

If Irish women have the most sex then attracting a partner obviously isn't the problem. You're all suggesting that because she's a dog she's not recieving a decent effort, yet you're servicing this howler three times a week? And yet even more confusingly, Irish women are the ones who give it up out of duty? I'm not seeing the logic there.

I'd warrant a guess given our culture of extreme drinking / bad fitness / lack of romance that Irish couples often fall into a very routine drunken approach towards sex. Both sides should make more of an effort, holding women solely responsible is ludicrous. Staying fit, attractive, attentive and speaking up for yourself would help if it came from both parties.

how many of those women survey'd have fannies like a bowling alley after having a load of sprogs just to get a decent income from the dole office?

Unbelieveable.

how many of those women survey'd have fannies like a bowling alley after having a load of sprogs just to get a decent income from the dole office?

Jesus Christ, my eyes. What a charming attitude towards women. Seriously what is wrong with you? You see a woman with children and that's what springs into your mind? Add widespread mysogyny into my list above of contributory factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

lack of romance that Irish couples often fall into

Nothing more romantic than handing her some baby wipes and then rolling over to go asleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Jesus Christ, my eyes. What a charming attitude towards women.

Eh, you haven't got such a charming attitude to the opposite sex yourself love:
    There is nothing like the delusion of men [..]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Jesus Christ, my eyes. What a charming attitude towards women. Seriously what is wrong with you? You see a woman with children and that's what springs into your mind? Add widespread mysogyny into my list above of contributory factors.

Aaah, Katgurl, didn't you get the memo.... it's not inadequate willy size, it's the woman's vagina is the problem. It's the Irish women who are all fat, ugly and overly fussy, not Irish men, who all look like bronzed Adonis'.

Really, you're here long enough to know all this!

Jesus Christ, my eyes. What a charming attitude towards women.

Eh, you haven't got such a charming attitude to the opposite sex yourself love:
    There is nothing like the delusion of men [..]

actually I like Irish guys, I find them on the whole, charming and attractive but it's mainly down to their wit and personality.

So I will retract my statement above and say the delusion of SOME men. I remember sitting opposite a date shovelling food into his mouth who hadn't run across the road in ten years complimenting me by saying it was great to be oh with a woman who "took care of herself going to gym etc, most Irish girls were lazy and the reason they were fat...". He was lovely fella, I didn't care he was overweight, I really liked him but why he considered himself in a position to hold court on women and their diet fitness regime baffled me.

Sounds like he got away with it Katgurl.

lol im just joking... this is after hours... you can't expect a serious answer here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Unbelieveable.

Oh this thread isn't even warm yet. We haven't even had the people who post about how only a handful of blokes get laid, while all the nice decent chaps are left on their lonesome etc.

From what I can tell only myself and 2 other dudes in AH get laid, but they must be **** according to this survey because I pleasure the hell out of my wimminz.

• Advertisement

From what I can tell only myself and 2 other dudes in AH get laid, but they must be **** according to this survey because I pleasure the hell out of my wimminz.

Course you do.

In my experience, the guys like you who go around sidling up to women all the time, by knocking other guys and forever talking about how good you are in bed are usually the ones who are not - hence why you do it. Attention off the ladies online is better than none at all I suppose.
    99% of posters.

If that's the opinion you have of "99%" of the male posters on the particular forum (which happens to be the one you most frequent by the way) then perhaps you'd be better off changing your posting habits and sticking to forums where you have a higher opinion of it's regulars; your second most frequented forum perhaps.

Unbelieveable.

Oh this thread isn't even warm yet. We haven't even had the people who post about how only a handful of blokes get laid, while all the nice decent chaps are left on their lonesome etc.

really? I was sure all the blokes on AH were constantly out fighting off advances of Czech supermodels while us Irish burds cried quietly into our mayonnaise soaked chips.

Course you do.

In my experience, the guys like you who go around sidling up to women all the time, by knocking other guys and forever talking about how good you are in bed are usually the ones who are not - hence why you do it. Attention off the ladies online is better than none at all I suppose.

meow

Course you do.

You don't get jokes, do you?

I think you may be taking this insanely funny thread a little too seriously sir.
    If that's the opinion you have of "99%" of the male posters on the particular forum (which happens to be the one you most frequent by the way) then perhaps you'd be better off changing your posting habits and sticking to forums where you have a higher opinion of it's regulars; your second most frequented forum perhaps.

I was simply replying to ntlbell with the same replies he was making to similar points. Trolling the troll with his own trollery if you would.

As above, I think you are taking things a bit too seriously. It's AH, learn to chill and roll with the crazy threads and you will enjoy it more.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    meow

Poor Mr. Biscuits, he can't spot a bit of piss taking to save his life.

In my experience, the guys like you who go around sidling up to women all the time, by knocking other guys and forever talking about how good you are in bed are usually the ones who are not

Do you sleep with a lot of men Mr.Biscuits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Course you do.

99% of posters.

"In your experience"? Or just something you guess?
    The "99 per cent" thing was a tongue-in-cheek swipe at a now site-banned troll whose insults towards women didn't seem to bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's a pretty high percentage, but there's only one of me. :(

Dudess wrote: »
    "In your experience"? Or just something you guess?

I'd answer you but I'm weary of again getting accused of being yet another of your old advisories (Results in some interesting PMs though).

Something, which you seem to also make a habit of:
    It's Du Maurier or FetchTheGin or GunsForToys or [..]

Seems you miss quite a few people ;)
    The "99 per cent" thing was a tongue-in-cheek swipe at a now site-banned troll whose insults towards women didn't seem to bother you.

I'm sure he can speak for himself.

I'm sure he can speak for himself.

I already did, you must have missed said post.

• Advertisement

Are women ever satisfied with anything ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ok so Mr.Biscuits, I'm convinced this "experience" of yours isn't actually reality but based, yet again, on an assumption in your head. Have you ever backed up anything ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

lol

Have you ever backed up anything ever?

Maybe he backed up dat ass into all the men he's shagged who were crap in bed? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Deeply flawed 'survey' reported for titillation purposes only.

1) Number of people polled: 1000

In the whole of Europe?? That's an extremely small sample size. Have these people been randomised across social status, age, etc, or is it merely the readers of one magazine?

2) Cultural differences/Phrasing of question:

With any survey it's easy enough to rig the question to determine the answer. Plus other nationalities may be more inclined to respond positively to a question than say a more guarded Irish girl. Doesn't neccesarily mean they're having better sex.

3) Are the differences significant?

No point lumping us bottom of the pile if you don't give the relative figures for other countries.

Bad stats are a turn-off in everybody's eyes.:(

You don't get jokes, do you?

The funny ones, I do.
    As above, I think you are taking things a bit too seriously. It's AH, learn to chill and roll with the crazy threads and you will enjoy it more.
    Says the guy who wanted scientific evidence after I posted a light-heated reply on how some women could end up marrying the milky-bar kid, on a thread were a woman likened men to milk/luxury chocolate.

Me thinks you might be somewhat of a hypocrite there Mr. Fallacy.
    Poor Mr. Biscuits, he can't spot a bit of piss taking to save his life.
    You must have missed my hilarious Liam Neeson gag, but hey - maybe one day when I am part of a clique, I will get loads of thanks for my (admittedly) crap jokes too.
    smash wrote: »
    Do you sleep with a lot of men Mr.Biscuits?
    Maybe he backed up dat ass into all the men he's shagged who were crap in bed? :D

You seem a tad obsessed with men shagging men there smash.

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm not the one who said "In my experience"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Unbelieveable.

A rational response, finally!

The alcohol point is a good one, alcohol KILLS my sex drive, or more accurately, hangovers do. I rarely drink these days. Its effect on my sex drive isn't the only reason for this of course, but it's an important factor.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    The alcohol point is a good one, alcohol KILLS my sex drive, or more accurately, hangovers do.

I find hangovers enhance it. Don't know why.

The funny ones, I do.

Says the guy who wanted scientific evidence after I posted a light-heated reply on how some women could end up marrying the milky-bar kid, on a thread were a woman likened men to milk/luxury chocolate.

Me thinks you might be somewhat of a hypocrite there Mr. Fallacy.

You must have missed my hilarious Liam Neeson gag, but hey - maybe one day when I am part of a clique, I will get loads of thanks for my (admittedly) crap jokes too.

How does saying that what you posted is wrong equate to wanting scientific evidence?

You are a weird fish Mr Biscuits, a very weird fish indeed.

But, I must confess, an entertaining one.

Also, as the one citing your own tongue in cheek history, is it not a little hypocritical to consider other posts tongue in cheek as well?

Or is that leap of logic a bit too much

Edit : Oh, wait, stall the ****ing ball!!!! Your linked too post is exactly the kind of post I was making fun of here! lol

Now I get it. Still feeling butt hurt and this just opened the wound.

Hey, I'm not the one who said "In my experience"

If I was indeed a homosexual (which there of course is nothing wrong with) then that would be 'man on man' action, would it not smash and so there wouldn't be a woman in sight, right?

So that being the case, how would I then have experience of men sidling up to women, saying how good they are in the sack?? I wouldn't would I.

You see, you're attempt at a putdown (which, kinda infers homophobia on your part by the way, being that it was an attempt at insult) is in fact a logic fail on your part and so I suggest that you, and anyone who thanked it, brush up on their compression skills, as they would seem to be sadly lacking, if you think your retort made even one iota of sense ;)

• Advertisement

I find hangovers enhance it. Don't know why.

My boyfriend is the same, if it's a moderate hangover. Reminiscent of a rabid dog, he is. He said (in jest I hope :pac:) "Right, I can continue drinking, you must stay off the booze so you can be my sex slave!" :pac:

If I was indeed a homosexual (which there of course is nothing wrong with) then that would be 'man on man' action, would it not smash and so there wouldn't be a woman in sight, right?

So that being the case, how would I then have experience of men sidling up to women, saying how good they are in the sack?? I wouldn't would I.

You see, you're attempt at a putdown (which, kinda infers homophobia on your part by the way, being that it was an attempt at insult) is in fact a logic fail on your part and so I suggest that you, and anyone who thanked it, brush up on their compression skills, as they would seem to be sadly lacking, if you think your retort made even one iota of sense ;)

you could be bi sexual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

So is this a damning indictment of Irish men that they cannot satisfy their women?

Anyways a lot of Irish women have a dim view of sex and try to avoid it if at all possible, and then they complain about being unsatisfied.

So how do you know these men are not good in bed?
    Another humour fail on your part!
    Sea Filly wrote: »
    My boyfriend is the same, if it's a moderate hangover. Reminiscent of a rabid dog, he is. He said (in jest I hope :pac:) "Right, I can continue drinking, you must stay off the booze so you can be my sex slave!" :pac:
    Hope you gave him a high 5.

Hope you gave him a high 5.

I did lulz! :pac:

plasmaguy wrote: »

Anyways a lot of Irish women have a dim view of sex and try to avoid it if at all possible, and then they complain about being unsatisfied.

Maybe just the women you've been with...;)

How does saying that what you posted is wrong equate to wanting scientific evidence?

Well, usually when one complains of mere "anecdotal" evidence, as you did:
    This entire post is so far off the mark, filled with anecdotal evidence.
    :it would imply a desire for the scientific variety.
    So how do you know these men are not good in bed?

Guys like that never are ;)

Well, usually when one complains of mere "anecdotal" evidence, as you did:

:it would imply a desire for the scientific variety.

Guys like that never are ;)

Not really, I imagine (and this may just be me) that asking for scientific evidence implies a desire for the scientific variety.

Maybe just the women you've been with...;)

Seriously...if they polled the women I've been with, the result would have been Ireland's women most satisfied with sex life...

But clearly they must have polled some of your ex's instead. ;)

[..] asking for scientific evidence implies a desire for the scientific variety.

No, "asking" for something directly, "implies" nothing.

Don't tell me, you are joking again, right - bloody hope so with logic like that.

• Advertisement

No, "asking" for something directly, "implies" nothing.

Don't tell me, you are joking again, right - bloody hope so with logic like that.

Oh dear, you don't know what "imply" means and seem to be rooting your logic in one application of the word.

I feel bad for you. If you wish to use pedantry as an internet weapon you need to up your English comprehension.

Seriously...if they polled the women I've been with, the result would have been Ireland's women most satisfied with sex life...

Ah, that goes against the generalisation you previously made about Irish women in your previous post, though. Still, if you've managed to satisfy all those Irish women with a dim view of sex, fair play!
    But clearly they must have polled some of your ex's instead.

If they did, he's been hiding his true gender from me for quite some time now! :D

So is this a damning indictment of Irish men that they cannot satisfy their women?

The poll states Irish women have the most sex.

Oh dear, you don't know what "imply" means and seem to be rooting your logic in one application of the word.

Quit trying to waffle your way out of what you've been called on.

In short: you complained about anecdotal evidence (in an obviously lighthearted reply on another thread) yet have the cheek here on this one to lecture me on how I should "roll" with AH's "crazy threads" - HYPOCRITICAL!

You say you were only joking with your snide remarks at the men of AH but you are being cowardly and disingenuous as it's quite clear from your post that you were not joking:
    99% of posters.

The reason it's a generalisation is because it's true etc.

Not saying that users have to use a smiley in their posts to indicate humour but the tone of your post was anything but, despite what you or your friends say. You know you were serious and besides, I have seen you make other remarks regarding the forum's male regulars before, wasn't just here on this thread.

So less of the tail between the legs and more standing up and owning what you say, yeah. I get that there is an certain element on AH that post abuse about women and will use threads such as these to bash them, regularly but let's not denigrate a whole forum by implying that 99% of it's male regulars are like that, it's not nice.

Ah, that goes against the generalisation you previously made about Irish women in your previous post, though. Still, if you've managed to satisfy all those Irish women with a dim view of sex, fair play!

If they did, he's been hiding his true gender from me for quite some time now! :D

Jeez relax will ya...some posters take everything so so seriously...

It's hard to take seriously any poll which polls only 1000 women across the whole of Europe...how many women did they poll in Ireland?

You'd want to poll 1000 women in Ireland alone to get a proper demographic, geographic and social spread.

Going to take it with a pinch of salt myself...as should everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

This thread isn't about Irish women's attractiveness, but have a go at all of them still. Any opportunity like.

Bravo dudess - this is not about how good looking irish women are,
    its about how Irish women are never satisfied with anything ,
    this " survey " just happens to be about sex - but could be about hoovering or painting - take your pick :D:D:D:D:D

grabs coat and runs like **** - not getting caught up in this one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A poll of 1,000 women across Europe? No need to question those findings, clearly.

Still, it's nice to see that the thread brought out the usual herpderpers who used it as an excuse to make silly generalisations about Irish women.

What I don't get is this: the survey mentions that the Irish women surveyed had the most sex.
    So why didn't some of the men posting here assume that the reason Irish women were most unsatisfied was because they were used to such a high standard of sex from Irish men?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

A poll of 1,000 women across Europe? No need to question those findings, clearly.

Still, it's nice to see that the thread brought out the usual herpderpers who used it as an excuse to make silly generalisations about Irish women.

What I don't get is this: the survey mentions that the Irish women surveyed had the most sex.
    So why didn't some of the men posting here assume that the reason Irish women were most unsatisfied was because they were used to such a high standard of sex from Irish men?

that answers that for ya - these " surveys " are total scutter , and in fairness it came from the sun

if anyone is trying to get a coherent logical debate on this tripe , they are wasting their time

but as you said Moo - SILLY generalizations - some taking this far far to seriously - i think its wind up fodder and as usual in AH plenty to take the bait - but to add to this generalization, the coldest and worst sexual encounters i have had have been with Irish women, but i suppose women i have been with could say the same :D

swings and roundabouts really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

FFS! since when did After hours become a place for serious discussion? last three pages where serious drivel... come on lads :D

• Advertisement

Quit trying to waffle your way out of what you've been called on.

In short: you complained about anecdotal evidence (in an obviously lighthearted reply on another thread) yet have the cheek here on this one to lecture me on how I should "roll" with AH's "crazy threads" - HYPOCRITICAL!

You say you were only joking with your snide remarks at the men of AH but you are being cowardly and disingenuous as it's quite clear from your post that you were not joking:

Not saying that users have to use a smiley in their posts to indicate humour but the tone of your post was anything but, despite what you or your friends say. You know you were serious and besides, I have seen you make other remarks regarding the forum's male regulars before, wasn't just here on this thread.

So less of the tail between the legs and more standing up and owning what you say, yeah. I get that there is an certain element on AH that post abuse about women and will use threads such as these to bash them, regularly but let's not denigrate a whole forum by implying that 99% of it's male regulars are like that, it's not nice.

I never said I was joking about the "99%" comment. What i said in regard to that was I was simply replying with the same responses that the person I was replying to used.

Once again, you seem to have serious problems with reading comprehension and have moved from bringing up old posts, to pedantry and have no moved on to misrepresentation of my posts, taking a reply to another point and inferring I was replying to something else.

Basically grade A bull****, and you claim I am the one on shakey ground?

Keep em coming buddy, I can spend all day making you look like an idiot...mainly because you make it so easy.

Advertisement