Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women from Ireland are the least satisfied in Europe with their sex life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Quit trying to waffle your way out of what you've been called on.

In short: you complained about anecdotal evidence (in an obviously lighthearted reply on another thread) yet have the cheek here on this one to lecture me on how I should "roll" with AH's "crazy threads" - HYPOCRITICAL!

You say you were only joking with your snide remarks at the men of AH but you are being cowardly and disingenuous as it's quite clear from your post that you were not joking:

Not saying that users have to use a smiley in their posts to indicate humour but the tone of your post was anything but, despite what you or your friends say. You know you were serious and besides, I have seen you make other remarks regarding the forum's male regulars before, wasn't just here on this thread.

So less of the tail between the legs and more standing up and owning what you say, yeah. I get that there is an certain element on AH that post abuse about women and will use threads such as these to bash them, regularly but let's not denigrate a whole forum by implying that 99% of it's male regulars are like that, it's not nice.
    I never said I was joking about the "99%" comment. What i said in regard to that was I was simply replying with the same responses that the person I was replying to used.

Once again, you seem to have serious problems with reading comprehension and have moved from bringing up old posts, to pedantry and have no moved on to misrepresentation of my posts, taking a reply to another point and inferring I was replying to something else.

Basically grade A bull****, and you claim I am the one on shakey ground?

Keep em coming buddy, I can spend all day making you look like an idiot...mainly because you make it so easy.

Lads I think I speak for everyone, when I say NOBODY CARES! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Eamonn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hell, I'll be honest with ya, I don't care. I'm just entertaining myself because I can't get into multiplayer on Starhawk today.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ManCityChamps

Probably because Irish women feel entitled to partners with 8 inch penises even though only ~20% of the male population have such a size.

I think you'll find in this case, as always, the problem is in women's heads and not in the physical realm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Who cares?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Probably because Irish women feel entitled to partners with 8 inch penises even though only ~20% of the male population have such a size.
    Do you know any women?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ManCityChamps

Wibbs wrote: »
    Do you know any women?

No, but I know plenty of imposers. Feminist they call 'em; you'd get more femininity out of a pig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

To be fair to the survey Irish women are the ugliest in Europe so we don't really want to fully commit to giving the good ride to the ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Difficult to give a good ride with a small penis though. This 'survey' is just advertising for penis enlargers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Feeona wrote: »
    Difficult to give a good ride with a small penis though. This 'survey' is just advertising for penis enlargers.

It's easy with a small penis when the Irish women are so tight.
    & I don't mean "tight" in a good way either.

Zing ->

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    It's easy with a small penis when the Irish women are so tight.
    & I don't mean "tight" in a good way either.

As long as you're happy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mancitychamps banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Some people are just difficult to please. It's like the child who gets everything they want and they end up spoilt and unhappy. Notice how a lot of men are saying that the foreign women are so much better and how they would never go back to an Irish woman? Well what did they do before all the foreign women came to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    To be fair to the survey Irish women are the ugliest in Europe so we don't really want to fully commit to giving the good ride to the ugly

eh i'm pretty sure irish women surpass irish men in terms of standards of goodlooking. http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/love-sex/irish-men-are-the-ugliest-in-the-world-but-irish-woman-scrub-up-well-3018379.html

plus as Irish women have the most sex are you saying you do it, but just do it badly as a punishment?

Anyway, as i've stated before i dont see how this prompted an attack on the levels of attraction of Irish women. The men obviously don't know what the hell they are doing and the women need to speak up, if they're not satisfied it's their job to do somethign about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Maybe Irish women are just more moany:D

Katgurl wrote: »
    eh i'm pretty sure irish women surpass irish men in terms of standards of goodlooking. http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/love-sex/irish-men-are-the-ugliest-in-the-world-but-irish-woman-scrub-up-well-3018379.html

plus as Irish women have the most sex are you saying you do it, but just do it badly as a punishment?

Anyway, as i've stated before i dont see how this prompted an attack on the levels of attraction of Irish women. The men obviously don't know what the hell they are doing and the women need to speak up, if they're not satisfied it's their job to do somethign about it.

The interesting thing about that article, is that Ireland and Poland are joint second to bottom on the list, yet Polish men are with some of the most beautiful women in the world. Just go to Poland and you'll see for yourself.

Surely if the women are unsatisfied then that's more down to poor communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 dogyworld1

were are these so called girls that have sex 3 times a week
    cause i dont see any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Some people are just difficult to please. It's like the child who gets everything they want and they end up spoilt and unhappy. Notice how a lot of men are saying that the foreign women are so much better and how they would never go back to an Irish woman? Well what did they do before all the foreign women came to Ireland?

Complained that Irish women weren't as good looking as the foreign women on the telly, then had sex with Irish women anyway.

Such men (who are a minority, but seem to be over-represented on the internet, or are at least quite vocal) will always find something to complain about in terms of women.
    And if they were born in Poland they'd complain about Polish women.
    They blame women for their own perceived shortcomings you see.
    "I'm worried I'm not getting as much sex as other men are and am self-conscious about that" becomes "Irish wimminz are too picky!"

dogyworld1 wrote: »
    were are these so called girls that have sex 3 times a week
    cause i dont see any of them

They're having sex with other men, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Gentlemen, I find this poll very heartening. If true, then Irish women have more sex than other european women, and also THEY. WANT. MOAR.

This is wonderful news for all of us! Saddle up, I say, stop whinging, go forth & do good :D

-FoxT

• Advertisement

The interesting thing about that article, is that Ireland and Poland are joint second to bottom on the list, yet Polish men are with some of the most beautiful women in the world. Just go to Poland and you'll see for yourself.

Surely if the women are unsatisfied then that's more down to poor communication.

right so polish men aren't as goodlooking as their women but the women are with them anyway? According to the poll, that's what has been happening in ireland for the last forever.

right so polish men aren't as goodlooking as their women but the women are with them anyway? According to the poll, that's what has been happening in ireland for the last forever.

So why are the Irish women not going for the foreign men then? Most of the Polish men I spoke to said they don't find Irish women attractive, so I don't think Irish women are any better than Irish men.

So why are the Irish women not going for the foreign men then? Most of the Polish men I spoke to said they don't find Irish women attractive, so I don't think Irish women are any better that Irish men.

Perhaps they are? Most of my friends that have met their boyfriends in the last 5 years are with foreigners. I generally prefer Irish blokes but I'm not too pushed on looks, I like the irish sense of humour. I don't know how large your test sample was but I've received plenty of attention from Polish men. If they weren't all married by the time they were 25 I'd probably have dated one by now.

So why are the Irish women not going for the foreign men then? Most of the Polish men I spoke to said they don't find Irish women attractive, so I don't think Irish women are any better than Irish men.

Just going by the women I know, they don't make too much of a distinction between men of different nationalities, and take each man on his individual merits.
    Just off the top of my head, I'd say most of them are going out with Irish men, as would be expected given they're in the majority, but quite a few have foreign partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

eh i'm pretty sure irish women surpass irish men in terms of standards of goodlooking.
    <sarcasm>
    yea but all us boards sex gods we're involved in that poll so it's worthless.
    <sarcasm>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

women are more inclined to be attracted to status than looks.
    sure look at when barrack obama was running for the elctions in the us. women were going around saying he was good looking. the man looks like the starving african child on the front of the trocaire box

paky wrote: »
    women are more inclined to be attracted to status than looks.
    sure look at when barrack obama was running for the elctions in the us. women were going around saying he was good looking. the man looks like a starving african child on the front of a trocaire box

Where are all these women who were attracted to Georges Bush Jr and Sr. then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

And where are all of these women who were attracted to Georges Bush Jr and Sr?

maybe you can answer that, im not that old to remember

• Advertisement

maybe you can answer that, im not that old to remember

Well, Dubya only left office in 2008 so I don't know how young you are! but I can safely tell you that neither had legions of female fans, nor did Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford or Richard Nixon, despite their status as most powerful man in the world.

JKF, Bill Clinton and Obama have/had their fans because of their looks, charisma and confidence, not because they are/were president.

For a smaller-scale example, note how few women have ever stated their fondness for any Taoiseach in the history of the Irish state.

Well, Dubya only left office in 2008 so I don't know how young you are! but I can safely tell you that neither had legions of female fans, nor did Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford or Richard Nixon, despite their status as most powerful man in the world.

JKF, Bill Clinton and Obama have/had their fans because of their looks, charisma and confidence, not because they are/were president.

For a smaller-scale example, note how few women have ever stated their fondness for any Taoiseach in the history of the Irish state.

thats because irish people suffer from colonial mentality, hence the reason why irish men are detested in this country

thats because irish people suffer from colonial mentality, hence the reason why irish men are detested in this country

By whom? Irish women? I've never felt that myself.

And how can you explain why the majority of American presidents have not been considered attractive by the majority of American women?

I doubt they still have a colonial mentality.

By whom? Irish women? I've never felt that myself.

And how can you explain why the majority of American presidents have not been considered attractive by the majority of American women?

I doubt they still have a colonial mentality.

like i said, im not that old to remember. your examples still dont negate the fact that women prefer status over looks. irish men are more inclined to date foreign women as opposed to irish women dating foreign men. men go for looks, women for status and lets say eastern european men are not renowned for their status hence the reason you dont see many irsh women dating them.

like i said, im not that old to remember. your examples still dont negate the fact that women prefer status over looks. irish men are more inclined to date foreign women as opposed to irish women dating foreign men. men go for looks, women for status

I don't see how you can make such generalisations.
    Most people of both genders go for looks to some extent. I, a man, do, but looks alone are not enough for me and I would not find a conventionally physically attractive with an unpleasant personality to be sexually attractive.
    I'd be much more attracted to someone who might be less good-looking but who I really connected with.
    Most women I know are the same: taking each individual on their merits, and being influenced by a variety of factors, unique to each individual, which determine how attracted they are to someone.

Anyway, here's a test of your status/attraction link you can answer despite your youth:

Why have so few Irish women been attracted to Enda Kenny and previously, Brian Cowen, if status and not looks are important to them?

And why were my exes (the Irish ones anyway) attracted to me despite my lack of status?

• Advertisement

That's just a series of interviews with four couples, with barely any input from the "journalist" and no figures at all.

And it's five years old.

But most damning of all, it's from the Irish Independent.

It's hard to determine anything from that really.

i wouldve guessed you were a woman by your user name.
    Why have so few Irish women been attracted to Enda Kenny and previously, Brian Cowen, if status and not looks are important to them?
    ?

did i or did i not just answer that fcuking question or are you too slow to remember?
    And why were my exes (the Irish ones anyway) attracted to me despite my lack of status?

how the fcuk would i know if ive never met ya?

i wouldve guessed your a woman by your user name.

did i or did i not just answer that fcuking question or are you too slow to remember?

how the fcuk would i know if ive never met ya?

Oh yes, the colonial mentality. How does that work? We were ruled by a foreign power, so Irish people are more inclined to be attracted to foreign people?

As for my example, I was suggesting that the fact that a small number of Irish women have been attracted to me (a very small number) suggests that your theory that Irish women are more attracted to status doesn't hold much water.

If you don't mind me asking, just how young are you?

That's just a series of interviews with four couples, with barely any input from the "journalist" and no figures at all.

And it's five years old.

But most damning of all, it's from the Irish Independent.

It's hard to determine anything from that really.

I think this is more up to date:

http://joe.ie/women1/women-features/two-thirds-of-irish-men-prefer-foreign-women-006906-1

Oh yes, the colonial mentality. How does that work? We were ruled by a foreign power, so Irish people are more inclined to be attracted to foreign people?
    ?

no, irish men are more likely to be perceived as inferior as a result of the colonial mentality.
    As for my example, I was suggesting that the fact that a small number of Irish women have been attracted to me (a very small number) suggests that your theory that Irish women are more attracted to status doesn't hold much water.

If you don't mind me asking, just how young are you?

if your posts are anything to go by, women probably perceive you as being down right stupid? you could probably take that into consideration if your looking for a honest answer from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I read that a large component of sex is in the mind. I'd say this might be letting them down a bit?

There were only 502 men polled so not a great sample, but I think in any similar poll in any country around the world you'd find similar results in favour of foreign women: the grass is always greener.

no, irish men are more likely to be perceived as inferior as a result of the colonial mentality.

if your posts are anything to go by, women probably perceive you as being down right stupid? you could probably take that into consideration if your looking for a honest answer from me

I get that a lot :).

*ends conversation*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

That website is terrible. Ugh. I know someone who writes for it who did pass English for the Junior Cert.

Plus, only 500 men were polled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Dudess wrote: »
    You can't be letting important details like that get in the way of Irish women-bashing though.

Not so sure Dudess, If you take the 1000 surveyed with equal representation for every European nation Ireland could have a number of women in the survey as high as the low 20s. Maybe 22. Unless, of course, they go by population, in which case it's less than half that.
    Surely a reasonable number to extrapolate the experiences of the female population an entire nation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Their perfect time for sex is said to be 11pm on a Saturday night.

Who dafuq is taking this seriously. Is said to be.....:rolleyes: The Times of India me hole and in all liklihood that's probably what's it's most popular function is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I am pretty happy with mine right now :)

A woman once said to me... "Men need to have sex to have a healthy self-esteem, whereas women need a healthy self-esteem to have sex." Any truth in that ladies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Some Irish women are really hard to satisfy anyway FACT!!!

mikeym wrote: »
    Some Irish women are really hard to satisfy anyway FACT!!!

Some Irish men are really hard to satisfy anyway FACT!!!
    A woman once said to me... "Men need to have sex to have a healthy self-esteem, whereas women need a healthy self-esteem to have sex." Any truth in that ladies?

Judging by the number of threads about Irish women on this forum, some men just need to have sex full stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement