Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women from Ireland are the least satisfied in Europe with their sex life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

fran17 wrote: »
    if you compare our tracksuit wearing,takeaway loving girls here with there counterparts on the continent then its us men who got the bum deal

Maybe you're hanging around with the wrong women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

if you compare our tracksuit wearing,takeaway loving girls here with there counterparts on the continent then its us men who got the bum deal
    I know yeah, that's the ONLY way Irish women look!
    And no Irish men are tracksuit-wearing and takeaway loving so yes, they've got the bum deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Why would you compare the worst examples of women, like that?

Why not compare the average Irish woman with the average woman from another country?

Also, have you spent long on the continent?
    of course there are a large amount of girls in all countries who dont take there personal appearance as important as one should but in my opinion and experience our irish girls come pretty low down on the league table. and yes i have seen quite a bit of europe over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dudess wrote: »
    And no Irish men are tracksuit-wearing and takeaway loving so yes, they've got the bum deal.

This!

I see far more guys than girls going around in tracksuits and you only have to go into any take away to see how many men enjoy their fast food in this country.

Still, let's not let that get in the way of some good old fashioned Irish woman-bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

of course there are a large amount of girls in all countries who dont take there personal appearance as important as one should but in my opinion and experience our irish girls come pretty low down on the league table. and yes i have seen quite a bit of europe over the years

From my own observations and experience, I disagree: I don't think Irish women in general are better or worse in general at looking after themselves than women from Continental Europe.

I believe that this misconception (and the misconception that Irish men are uglier and take don't look after themselves compared to foreign men) lingers due to the common fallacy that makes us think less of what of we have and imagine that what we don't have is better. It's why, for example, so many people complain about Ireland being a terrible place.
    But I can bet that French and Spanish men complain that there are better-looking women in other countries.
    The grass is always greener on the other side, basically.

Not that I give a flying fuk about people wearing tracksuits, and oh noez, enjoying a takeaway! I find it works really well to not look at people you don't fancy, instead of getting upset about them.

I know yeah, that's the ONLY way Irish women look!
    but do you feel that a tracksuit is a good look on a grown women other than going to the gym?

From my own observations and experience, I disagree: I don't think Irish women in general are better or worse in general at looking after themselves than women from Continental Europe.

I believe that this misconception (and the misconception that Irish men are uglier and take don't look after themselves compared to foreign men) lingers due to the common fallacy that makes us think less of what of we have and imagine that what we don't have is better. It's why, for example, so many people complain about Ireland being a terrible place.
    But I can bet that French and Spanish men complain that there are better-looking women in other countries.
    The grass is always greener on the other side, basically.
    Yup, self loathing and an inferiority complex seem to be commonplace in Ireland all right, bless their insecure little socks.

Tbh honest though, I would think in general French and Italian and Spanish etc are better looking than Irish people, on the whole - in the sense of tanned skin and so on being more physically attractive, not that there's a need for all the navel-gazing about it. Personally I have no interest in the Latino thing at all though, so some of it is subjective.

but do you feel that a tracksuit is a good look on a grown women other than going to the gym?
    Do I feel a tracksuit is a good look on a grown PERSON outside of the gym? What do you think? Be honest, you hardly think I think it looks good now really do you? But I don't care if people wear a tracksuit - it doesn't affect me. Sure, I'm of the opinion it can look awful, but it doesn't upset me in the silly way it seems to upset many.
    Skinny D4 gals wearing velour tracksuit bottoms with "Juicy" across the arse, and Ugg boots and orange tan/make-up - also a dreadful look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

People love to make comparisons. It’s human nature. It’s like men comparing cars, or women comparing clothes. Of course it should be just about the Individual, but people have preferences and different experiences with people and places. I agree with dudess that the insults and self-loathing needs to stop, but so too do the ridiculous assumptions made about people posting on the internet. Unless you know them in person, you can’t comment on what they’re really like based on their opinion on something.

• Advertisement

Yup, self loathing and an inferiority complex seem to be commonplace in Ireland all right, bless their insecure little socks.

Tbh honest though, I would think in general French and Italian and Spanish etc are better looking than Irish people, on the whole - in the sense of tanned skin and so on being more physically attractive, not that there's a need for all the navel-gazing about it. Personally I have no interest in the Latino thing at all though, so some of it is subjective.

I'd agree with that too, but unfortunately lots of people twist that into a crazy extreme and say that most Irish people, of both genders, are ugly, and most Mediterranean people are stunning.
    But of course, there are plenty of people here who can have a typical Irish look (brown/red hair, freckles) and be gorgeous, and there are still a number of people who like that look.

Why do you care? People can wear what they want, and there are many, many more women who don't ever wear tracksuits compared to those who do, so look at them and ignore the rest.
    I rarely see women wearing tracksuits in everyday situations. Or men either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    People love to make comparisons. It’s human nature. It’s like men comparing cars, or women comparing clothes. Of course it should be just about the Individual, but people have preferences and different experiences with people and places. I agree with dudess that the insults and self-loathing needs to stop, but so too do the ridiculous assumptions made about people posting on the internet. Unless you know them in person, you can’t comment on what they’re really like based on their opinion on something.

Of course you can. If somebody is a Nazi and expresses an 'opinion' on here that Jews are inferior to the rest of us, I sure as hell can - and will - have a negative opinion about that person.

Same goes for ridiculous 'opinions' that all Irish women are fat/ugly/stuck up.

I don't think people realise how pathetic they come across when these threads pop up.

Same would apply to any woman who would claim that all Irish men are ugly or bad in bed or fat or whatever. But you don't see those generalisations as much on here as all the woman-bashing.

Do I feel a tracksuit is a good look on a grown PERSON outside of the gym? What do you think? Be honest, you hardly think I think it looks good now really do you? But I don't care if people wear a tracksuit - it doesn't affect me. Sure, I'm of the opinion it can look awful, but it doesn't upset me in the silly way it seems to upset many.
    Skinny D4 gals wearing velour tracksuit bottoms with "Juicy" across the arse, and Ugg boots and orange tan/make-up - also a dreadful look.
    i think that ladies like yourself are in the minority in this country and we could do with alot more

I'd agree with that too, but unfortunately lots of people twist that into a crazy extreme and say that most Irish people, of both genders, are ugly, and most Mediterranean people are stunning.
    But of course, there are plenty of people here who can have a typical Irish look (brown/red hair, freckles) and be gorgeous, and there are still a number of people who like that look.

Why do you care? People can wear what they want, and there are many, many more women who don't ever wear tracksuits compared to those who do, so look at them and ignore the rest.
    I rarely see women wearing tracksuits in everyday situations. Or men either.
    why do i care! like every other red blooded male,you cant beat a nice bit of eye candyicon12.gif

why do i care! like every other red blooded male,you cant beat a nice bit of eye candyicon12.gif

It's a good thing then that there are plenty of good-looking Irish women who take care of their appearance.

Of course. But that doesn't explain why you pay so much attention to those women you don't find attractive.

Of course you can. If somebody is a Nazi and expresses an 'opinion' on here that Jews are inferior to the rest of us, I sure as hell can - and will - have a negative opinion about that person.

Same goes for ridiculous 'opinions' that all Irish women are fat/ugly/stuck up.

I don't think people realise how pathetic they come across when these threads pop up.

Same would apply to any woman who would claim that all Irish men are ugly or bad in bed or fat or whatever. But you don't see those generalisations as much on here as all the woman-bashing.

It's one thing to have an opinion on something, or make a generalisation - its another to make an assumption about an individual person you don’t know. If a man says he prefers foreign women because he’s had bad experiences with Irish women, it would be unfair of someone to say that he’s just useless at chatting up Irish women. How would they know? If I say I prefer to drive an automatic car because they’re easier to drive, that doesn’t mean I hate manual cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

forfuxsake wrote: »
    My E.European missus and her friends tell me that there is a wide disparity in attractiveness among Irish men and women, in favour of Irish men. The biggest issue is weight.

Aren't they coming from a culture though there's a lot of pressure to be slim though? I'm not really seeing where all these fat Irish women are anyway, TBH. All the Irish women I work with are slender and fit. I'd be the fatty of the lab and I'm a size 12!
    Also there might be a financial aspect, that women are subconsciously attracted to someone who can provide for their offspring or consciously seeking material comforts.All part of human nature.

But any Irish woman on here who admits that this is something she looks for in a man would be ripped apart...

Of course. But that doesn't explain why you pay so much attention to those women you don't find attractive.
    but thats my whole point.there seems to be a much larger proportion in ireland than other countries.its impossible for them not to come to ones attention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So check out Georgia Salpa Gemma Hayes, Olivia Wilde, Andrea Corr, Alison Doody, Una Healy, Natasha McElhone, Sarah Bolger, Lisa Hannigan and Roseanna Davison (that one actually won Miss World).

Not a tracksuit in sight there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

there might be a financial aspect, that women are subconsciously attracted to someone who can provide for their offspring or consciously seeking material comforts.All part of human nature.

Don't think so, well not for me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

It's one thing to have an opinion on something, or make a generalisation - its another to make an assumption about an individual person you don’t know. If a man says he prefers foreign women because he’s had bad experiences with Irish women, it would be unfair of someone to say that he’s just useless at chatting up Irish women. How would they know? If I say I prefer to drive an automatic car because they’re easier to drive, that doesn’t mean I hate manual cars.

I never said anything of the kind, so it's not really the same comparison. You said in your post that you can't judge somebody based on their opinion. All I'm saying is you can.

As for the preferring foreign women purely on the basis of having bad experiences with Irish woman, as opposed to the generic "all Irish women are fat/ugly so that's why I go for foreign women", then fair enough. Whilst still unfair, I would understand why such a man would go for foreign women only, if he'd had lots of bad experiences with Irish women.

To draw a comparison, I've had ONLY bad experiences (and I mean really bad...abusive etc.) with black men, yet I don't go around saying all black men are x, y and z. And, while in the early days of the aftermath, I would be wary of black men (from a psychological, fearful point of view. wrong, I know but that's for another discussion), I certainly wouldn't stay away from all black men now. I'm over that. It's not healthy to make generalisations and have such hatred towards a whole subset of people, be they men, women, black, white, Chinese, whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

[..] stop thinking so much about the opposite sex and what they want/think.
    Just get out there and interact with them normally.

You mean we shouldn't be clubbing them over the head and dragging them back to our caves??

Thank you oh great one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Okay, after lurking in threads like this for the past several months, I gotta ask. I have met loads of people from different countries and cultures as well as lived with them ( I once lived in a house share with people from seven different countries across the continents) but I have yet to meet a people as self loathing as the Irish.Why?

I really don't get it. What's with the need to constantly bash each other? Is this simply a cultural joke I don't get? Y'all don't seem to be laughing. Seriously though, why?

Irish women are beautiful. They have creamy complexions; full, youthful faces; a cracking sense of humour; proper belly laughs and I am a sucker for the pitch black hair. *No homo*

The men are okay too. No different from other guys- I see as many hot dudes here as I have seen elsewhere. +1 for Irish men for being laid back (mostly).

Someone please explain this to me. Where I come from, we think we are the sh1t. Our men will not stop singing our praises and rightly so :D. Most other cultures I have been in contact with are the same, which is why I find this so strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Its just the Irish mentality. We hate people getting "notions". Bono was right when he said then Irish mentality was, see that guy in the mansion on the hill I'm gonna bring him down to size some day, whereas in most other cultures the feeling would be thats gonna be me someday.

I dont think it is self loathing so much as loathing our friends and neighbours. Look at the history of Irish insurrection it was riddled with competing egos, informers, bikebiters and back stabbers. 800 years was a long time to half defeat the old enemy.

Foreign men and women may hold a bit more mystique for the average Irish person because we are some a homogenous group and share very similar experiences that something a little different seems new and exciting.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Okay, after lurking in threads like this for the past several months, I gotta ask. I have met loads of people from different countries and cultures as well as lived with them ( I once lived in a house share with people from seven different countries across the continents) but I have yet to meet a people as self loathing as the Irish.Why?

I really don't get it. What's with the need to constantly bash each other? Is this simply a cultural joke I don't get? Y'all don't seem to be laughing. Seriously though, why?

Irish women are beautiful. They have creamy complexions; full, youthful faces; a cracking sense of humour; proper belly laughs and I am a sucker for the pitch black hair. *No homo*

The men are okay too. No different from other guys- I see as many hot dudes here as I have seen elsewhere. +1 for Irish men for being laid back (mostly).

Someone please explain this to me. Where I come from, we think we are the sh1t. Our men will not stop singing our praises and rightly so :D. Most other cultures I have been in contact with are the same, which is why I find this so strange.

Ah, you made a schoolboy error. You assumed that this site is anyway representative of wider Irish society.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have yet to meet a people as self loathing as the Irish.Why?
    A lot of it has to do with repression over the centurys which to many Irish = '' if it's ok for us to run our own down then it's quite ok to run other nationalitys and races down to '' ... then they wonder why people of other races sometimes don't understand them / get annoyed with them .:)

I think this website pretty much sums it up: http://www.happierabroad.com/

It's not just an Irish phenomenon it seems. Although there is some logic to it I suppose. If you're having no luck fishing in one sea, try fishing in another sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Paddysboys

A massive seven out of 10 Irish women say they are not satisfied with their night-time sexual activity

WELL REPLACE THE BATTERIES THEN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Paddysboys wrote: »
    A massive seven out of 10 Irish women say they are not satisfied with their night-time sexual activity

WELL REPLACE THE BATTERIES THEN
    Massive wimmin dont get as much cock as fit ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Massive wimmin dont get as much cock as fit ones.

And where is your scientific evidence to back this statement up?

So check out Georgia Salpa Gemma Hayes, Olivia Wilde, Andrea Corr, Alison Doody, Una Healy, Natasha McElhone, Sarah Bolger, Lisa Hannigan and Roseanna Davison (that one actually won Miss World).

Not a tracksuit in sight there ;)

Anyone can name a few models. They're hardly indicative of an entire nation. And most of the top Irish models are probably quite average by Eastern European standards.

They're all gorgeous - and you know they are. The putting down of Irish women doesn't have to go THAT far like...

And most of the top Irish models are probably quite average by Eastern European standards.

Actually, Irish models tend to have pretty amazing bodies, slender but still curvaceous.

Your post seriously reminded me of this, by the way:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/210-would-not-bang

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I have yet to meet a people as self loathing as the Irish.Why?
    Unless you've actually seen the passports of posters in this place, there's no reason to assume they are Irish. There's been a nasty string of northern loyalists and english who like to post hereabouts specifically in order to put down Irish people. Once you've cottoned on to their little game its easy enough to turn the tables though, not to mention entertaining.

Yes, some people still live in the 17th century, not that there was any excuse for it back then either.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Actually, Irish models tend to have pretty amazing bodies, slender but still curvaceous.

I'm not saying that they aren't. They're stunning. What about the general population? And saying that foreign women are in better shape is not necessarily bashing Irish women. If I prefer strawberry ice cream that doesn't mean I hate vanilla!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

I love my husband. He is a hairy Irish Adonis. A Padonis, if you will. I hear the síoga playing fiddles and singing lullabies everytime we do the McNasty. It's just so beautiful. Sniff, sniff.

Yea, I just wussed up your thread. Deal with it! :D Sex is for funsies. Chill out buddies. Why so intense? (Someone needs to get laid.) :p

If I prefer strawberry ice cream that doesn't mean I hate vanilla!

Jeez, not the ice-cream analogy, it's so hackneyed.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Jeez, not the ice-cream analogy, it's so hackneyed.

Ok then, I don't hate Irish women - I just prefer foreign women. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

I'm not saying that they aren't. They're stunning. What about the general population? And saying that foreign women are in better shape is not necessarily bashing Irish women. If I prefer strawberry ice cream that doesn't mean I hate vanilla!

If you're Irish, we're all from the same gene pool. If I'm vanilla, so are you.

I'm bleedin' gargeous so I'm paying you a massive compliment there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I didn't want ice cream before coming onto this thread, thanks lads! :pac:

christ

women from ireland least satisfied: lol their own fault we hate them and prefer foreign women

and if it was men least satisfied? lol women's fault we hate them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

IrishAm wrote: »
    Ah, you made a schoolboy error. You assumed that this site is anyway representative of wider Irish society.

:)
    Maybe, or maybe you're getting the more unguarded opinions rarely expressed in public? Or at least that might be some of it too. When political(and other polls) are run here they follow very closely the wider outcomes. TBH I'd trust an opinion poll on Boards, ahead of the usual opinion pollsters.
    Ms.M wrote: »
    I love my husband. He is a hairy Irish Adonis. A Padonis, if you will.
    Padonis. Effin brilliant MM :D I'm damn near picturing your fella from that word. I may nick that down the line if the occasion comes up... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

bluewolf wrote: »
    christ

women from ireland least satisfied: lol their own fault we hate them and prefer foreign women

and if it was men least satisfied? lol women's fault we hate them
    The thread: read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I'm very satisfied with the quality of the ride I get from Irish wimmens. Suuuuure when I mount them first they haven't really got a clue what's going on but I'm a good teacher and the wimmens are quick learners ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm very satisfied with the quality of the ride I get from Irish wimmens. Suuuuure when I mount them first they haven't really got a clue what's going on but I'm a good teacher and the wimmens are quick learners ;)

Do they batter your mars bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Honestly, after being out in the sun for the last few days, Irish women have the looks alright. Cracking looking.

Varied wrote: »
    Honestly, after being out in the sun for the last few days, Irish women have the looks alright. Cracking looking.

Yes but my god don't they just know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Yes but my god don't they just know it!

Yea, I used to be that cynical, but honestly, you just need to take care of yourself. You'd hardly go out with a dog if you were a hunk. Just got to work on those delts bro.:pac:

• Advertisement

Varied wrote: »
    Yea, I used to be that cynical, but honestly, you just need to take care of yourself. You'd hardly go out with a dog if you were a hunk. Just got to work on those delts bro.:pac:

Hence why I go for the foreign women. They're good looking, but they're more humble about it.

Advertisement