Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Cork from San francisco

Options
  • 13-05-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey all.
    I was wondering if there are any of you have experience shipping a container from the USA to Cork/Dublin.
    I'm hoping to bring back my household furniture, a motorcycle that's 2003, an electric bicycle, a mountain and road bike, general tools and tool box, camping gear and clothes.

Do I have to pay taxes on all this stuff?
    How much to ship a container?
    How much to get it through customs?

I'm having a hard time getting answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

CAtocork wrote: »
    Hey all.
    I was wondering if there are any of you have experience shipping a container from the USA to Cork/Dublin.
    I'm hoping to bring back my household furniture, a motorcycle that's 2003, an electric bicycle, a mountain and road bike, general tools and tool box, camping gear and clothes.

Do I have to pay taxes on all this stuff?
    How much to ship a container?
    How much to get it through customs?

I'm having a hard time getting answers.

Hi I have used http://www.burkeshipping.com/ they sorted everything out for me call or send a email highley recconmend them,sorry I cannot answer the rest of the post as I went to Sydney from Dublin a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sftimes

hey
    any chance you want to split the price of a container from sf to ireland,
    also moving back.
    we dont have much, motorcycle and some boxes, pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

This seems to be in the wrong forum. I don't know what the right one would be though.

FWIW, when I moved to Ireland from USA we used a regular moving company and they got our stuff in a container (not our own, we didn't have that much) and organised delivery on the Irish side. As far as taxes, you could be liable for duty and VAT on anything less than six months old. For expensive stuff you might want to have some evidence that it is older than that.

Advertisement