Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danger on the M7 this afternoon

• 13-05-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Anyone else come across the motorist on the wrong side of the M7 this afternoon - around 4:25pm?

Heading west, I had just passed the Tipperary road interchange and met a driver heading east in the "fast lane" on the west-bound carriageway!

Fortunately the cars ahead of me and behind me managed to get out of the way, but it could have been nasty!!

They seemed oblivious to their situation - they kept on going instead of pulling in on the central reservation, waiting for a gap in the traffic, doing a u-turn and then heading back west to an exit ramp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

These people shouldn't be allowed behind a wheel.

And it being a motorway should mean that this person has a full license! Then again if they're capable of driving the wrong way, they mightn't even have a provisional.

I have witnessed this twice before at the ballysimon junction! How people manage to do this is beyond me. Had to swerve into the hard shoulder because some lunatic drove the wrong way down the left hand lane before. Crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

mate reported similar incident around birdhill last week. Are these people drunk or just f**king thick???????!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Had the same at quinns cross roundabout in raheen the other day, definitely was not expecting it!
    Old lady in a silver corolla

Advertisement