Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stronglifts 5x5 without a Power Rack?

Options
  • 13-05-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Not sure what forum to put this in but I'm guessing this will do

Ok, I probably know what the answer to this is going to be but what the hell. I was looking to start Stronglifts since I've hit a serious plateau will my bench press and I think it might be lack of overall strength. However, I'm working out a home and only have a bench. I didn't realise the program was so squat heavy and unfortunately, I've ran out of ways of getting the barbell on my back for squats. So is there alternatives to squats I could do for this program?

Or is there any tricks I haven't tried yet? I was going to build something out of timber or metal just to hold the bar up but it seems it would be extremely hard and time consuming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thud

your prob going to need a power rack for that programme, you see this thread on building one?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056601521

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Lago wrote: »
    Not sure what forum to put this in but I'm guessing this will do

Ok, I probably know what the answer to this is going to be but what the hell. I was looking to start Stronglifts since I've hit a serious plateau will my bench press and I think it might be lack of overall strength. However, I'm working out a home and only have a bench. I didn't realise the program was so squat heavy and unfortunately, I've ran out of ways of getting the barbell on my back for squats. So is there alternatives to squats I could do for this program?

Or is there any tricks I haven't tried yet? I was going to build something out of timber or metal just to hold the bar up but it seems it would be extremely hard and time consuming

I used a pair of builders treastles for a long time. You can pick them up for nothing. Rated at 900kg. Adjustable height so good for bench and squats, also great for dips

Advertisement