Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conger Eels.

Options
  • 13-05-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭

Anybody been out conger eel fishing this year lads? My uncle had 2 off howth harbour about 2 weeks ago, one 13 pounder, one 15 pounder.

Looking to get out fishing for them soon enough anyway, any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

You'll need to use a running ledger rig as they are very bit sensitive, half a mackeral bit indication will be very gentle so keep a close eye on the rod tip. If fishermen are regularly discarding fish guts, then fish around this spot, they've put down ground bait. It's said that mackerel gone past it's best is good but I haven't noticed any difference. I get best results at night on a calm warm evening

Oh and carefully plan out how you will land the fish, if you get specimen size they can impossible to land

Advertisement