Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and Performance Science

Options
  • 13-05-2012 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is doing this course. I'm stuck between this and Sports and Exercise Management. My main worry is that because it's so science based I might find it difficult. I only do Biology and have never done Physics/Chemistry.But then again it looks like it might lean towards biology so I might be okay. Also, does anyone know what kind of career opportunities come form Sports and Exercise Management. It would be nice to get a few examples just to get an idea of what it leads to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Hagz wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is doing this course. I'm stuck between this and Sports and Exercise Management. My main worry is that because it's so science based I might find it difficult. I only do Biology and have never done Physics/Chemistry.But then again it looks like it might lean towards biology so I might be okay. Also, does anyone know what kind of career opportunities come form Sports and Exercise Management. It would be nice to get a few examples just to get an idea of what it leads to.

As far as I'm aware SES is quite different to SEM - one focusing on the physical side of it and the other a type of management course.

I really don't know too much about either, but my little brother studies SES in UL and loves it. By the sounds of it they have incredible facilities and they do plenty of practical work as well. Seems like a very god course. Based on what he says I don't think UCD has quite as good a reputation but is ahead of the other colleges offering similar courses. I wonder now that the new sports centre is opening and Leinster have moved on campus, will that provide students and graduates with more opportunities.

As with most science courses you are not expected to have done all the sciences, in first year you cover the basics of all three. So you may have to work harder on Chemistry and Physics, but everyone will be in the same boat and the college caters as such.

If you haven't seen this, its from the course descriptor for SEM:
    Our graduates have a track record of employment, both nationally and internationally, in:
    Sports Administration
    Sports Marketing
    Event Management
    Exercise Management
    Private Sports Enterprises
    Sports Development
    Coaching Development
    Further education opportunities are available on MSc and other graduate programmes.

https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=29

Advertisement