Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - geoecology

• 13-05-2012 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

our school does the geoecology section so we have done essays on both Soils on the biome. Both soils and the biome have come up every year so i have always learned the biome and never soils! I was hoping to do this aswell for the exam but my teacher has said that even though we have a choice of 3 essays to do they all might be soils and not 1 biome....does anybody else think that could happen? :( am i taking a huge risk by not learning any soil essays in the hope that a biome will come up?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you are.
    The SEC are very conscious that people find the exams too predictable.
    You should cover all your options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

spurious wrote: »
    Yes you are.
    The SEC are very conscious that people find the exams too predictable.
    You should cover all your options.

I'm genuinely serious, where is this coming from? Everybody is saying it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

skanger wrote: »

I'm genuinely serious, where is this coming from? Everybody is saying it

The Chief Examiners' Reports have been mentioning it for a few years now - these things generally take a while to come to pass, but I wouldn't bet against small tweaks this year, if not big ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

skanger wrote: »

The Chief Examiners' Reports have been mentioning it for a few years now - these things generally take a while to come to pass, but I wouldn't bet against small tweaks this year, if not big ones.

might have to take heed of that, thought it was just scaremongering

Advertisement