Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothing alterations in cork city center??

Options
  • 13-05-2012 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, does anyone know any good seamstress in the city center area of cork?? have some dresses that need a nip and tuck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Hi, does anyone know any good seamstress in the city center area of cork?? have some dresses that need a nip and tuck.

Theres one right next to GPO and Heffernans travel on corner Oliver Plunkett st (opposite vodafone).
    Also can ask Debenhams, they used to have one there, not sure if still is, but they were value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

singer do alterations as well

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

The Zip Yard on Lapp's Quay did a fantastic job of repairing a botched alteration to a wedding outfit for my mother. The previous seamstress very nearly wrote off a brand new dress; they made it fit correctly and look like new, even though there was very little spare fabric left to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

kart wrote: »
    Theres one right next to GPO and Heffernans travel on corner Oliver Plunkett st (opposite vodafone).
    Also can ask Debenhams, they used to have one there, not sure if still is, but they were value for money.

It's Impress who also have a store in Douglas Court and one in Rochestown. Debenhams recommend the same for alterations. They do not have in-store tailors.

I took a dress into Impress on the recommendation of Debenhams. They did not do a good job on my dress, which had to go back twice before I was happy with the alterations. They also took out the hanging loops on the dress and tried to tell me they weren't on there in the first place. That led to the dress not being hung properly, but simply folded over and thrown on the hanger.

I wouldn't use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 1Tony1

I would only use the zip yard, they did an amazing job on a dress for my sister and did it by the next day as she was in a rush, I used to only go to the guy down in douglas court but unfortunetly he is gone now, there is another company after buying him out and i have used them for dry cleaning but not alterations as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

used the zip yard several times and would recommend them without hesitation. They've also opened up in Douglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 singin bernie walsh

Thanks a million for all the info! Ill try the zip yard so.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

kcb wrote: »
    I second that. Been to him loads of times,excellent quality work

Advertisement