Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback from lecturers

Options
  • 13-05-2012 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

I felt i was doing really badly in a lab through the year and i failed to hand up a couple of assignments. I kept asking the lecturer whats the story , how am i doing, i'm really struggling with this, is there anything i can do to make sure i pass the lab etc and all he would say is don't worry about it.

I feel like i did really bad through the year , i think i missed 2 labs from the whole year. It was a 2 semester lab. So what i'm getting at, is if i fail it i've to repeat the year but he gave me no feedback except say don't worry about it.

If i have failed it, i will be very upset and frustrated because he wouldn't give me any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Tbh, you're the one who missed the labs, so you're asking him to do you a favour. If he hasn't given any feedback it's not like that's what (may have) caused you to fail. It's up to you to chase him down, or talk to somebody in the school office about it. It mightn't be too late yet to contact somebody, but really the sooner the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I missed 2 labs from out of 24 but missed 2 assignments to hand up. I emailed him a couple of times as well and all he would say is don't worry about it :confused: Did he mean don't worry it's fine or don't worry it's too late you have failed :confused:
    He gave me no clue. What should i say to the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Under the general assessment regulations and the student charter. you are entitled to constant and useful feedback. If you've not been getting that or you don't feel it has been adequate, you ought to drop down your local SU and see what your options are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

joeperry wrote: »
    I felt i was doing really badly in a lab through the year and i failed to hand up a couple of assignments. I kept asking the lecturer whats the story , how am i doing, i'm really struggling with this, is there anything i can do to make sure i pass the lab etc and all he would say is don't worry about it.

I feel like i did really bad through the year , i think i missed 2 labs from the whole year. It was a 2 semester lab. So what i'm getting at, is if i fail it i've to repeat the year but he gave me no feedback except say don't worry about it.

If i have failed it, i will be very upset and frustrated because he wouldn't give me any feedback.

How can you blame a lack of feedback on possibly failing a subject if you haven't handed in all the assignments?

Were the assignments worth much of the final grade? Maybe you should go and knock on your lecturers door and ask him in person rather than by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Ok i think the best thing to do is go have a chat with him and see what he says. cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement