Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels in Dublin.

• 13-05-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good boarding kennel in the Dublin area?
    I'm heading off on holidays in July and my girlfriends brother is gonna look after our Bichon for most of the holiday but there's 5 days where there'll be nobody around to look after him so I have to put him in kennels.
    He's only 8 months old at the minute and he can be a bit nervous in new places etc. We brought him to see kennels yesterday in Meath and they weren't the best to be honest. It was basically a huge cow shed with small runs for the dogs. There were huge amounts of dogs there and my dog was terrified as soon as we went in, so we need somewhere kind of smaller and not so packed.
    I was looking around online and saw a place called P&E Boarding Kennels in Crumlin and it looks fairly good. Has anybody any experience with this place or know what it's like? Or is you could recommend somewhere that might suit, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

ive used P&E twice in the last 3 months. my staffy suffers from a little seperation anxiety so i was a little worried... but after the first time she came out happy as larry. 2nd time she ran in and didnt even look back when i brought her up.

i cant recommend them enough :)

I've used the DSPCA kennels a good few times, find them great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Thanks for the replies.
    I think I'll give P&E a shout tomorrow and go have a look during the week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dean09 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    I think I'll give P&E a shout tomorrow and go have a look during the week. :)

I have used p and e many times. Paddy is amazing and is very accomodating with regard to drop off and pick up times. This is the only kennels I have/will use in Dublin. My dogs never come back smelly etc. THe only thing that may put you off is the dogs don't get on the lead walks, they are just let off the lead to play with each other (I actually prefer this) play out for most of the day infact. The reason I didnt use dspca is that the dogs rooms are facing each other and the day I was there they had to put newspaper all over one dog's window. Also dspca told me dogs bed is 7.30, lights out in p and are 11pm as far as I remember. Paddy lives onsite so that also gives me peace of mind. P and e is very reasonable €15 per night. I think Paddy's son is taking over (or has taken over) the business but I am sure it is just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 July2012

Does anyone know of a dog minder in Knocklyon/Rathfarnham area. I'm looking for someone to dog mind in August in 1 week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

Very disappointed in them. I called several times and I was told I would get a call back from another one of the staff but they never did, he was simply putting me off so I had to stop by and apart from this, I was disappointed also because of their lack of humanity as I could not get the deposit back even though my dog died and even though I called them the next day after he passed away, 20 days before the day I supposed to leave the dog in the kennel. I understand that it's not refundable, but in such circumstances I think, as a human being, that they should be more flexible. I felt robbed. If I ever have another dog, I will never come back to this place. It's just a business for them. Shame on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Please do not resurrect old threads as this is considered bad etiquette. Also, do not post the same content across multiple threads as this is spam.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement