Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whatsup with the young ones these days?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

Chucken wrote: »

oh those mexiacans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Babybuff wrote: »
    walking into my room to find my almost adult daughter happily snuggled up in my bed with her laptop and the dog snoring beside her after a hearty Sunday feed, you know all is well in the world.

Yeah, please have the manners to knock the next time, and give a few seconds warning please. There I was, chatting on webcam with her and her with her t1ts out and suddenly she slams down the laptop lid while pulling the duvet up to her neck.

Old people these days. No respect :p

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

sorry, I forgot you were retarded.

sorry pal if i offended ya, i just believe incest is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

jimpump wrote: »
    Hey, i never dressed in a skirt up to be a-hole....so how the hell am i hypocritical?
    I mean people who complain in general about the kids today, if they weren't angels themselves. Babybuff is a woman btw - as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Dudess wrote: »
    Ok I'd disagree it's the new cool but it does seem to be the done thing among a number of still pretty young people (early 20s to early 30s) to act as if they're geriatrics. And yeah it is hypocritical to be outraged at kids' behaviour if you were as bad yourself yet turned out fine.

No, it's really not hypocritical.
    I've done different drugs, I'd still go mad if my kids turned up high as a kite.
    I drank at 15 - Again, not something I'm going to accept in my own kids.
    I smoke - Same again, and so on.
    I actually think it gives you more of a 'right' to give out about it if you actually did it yourself, than if you were some goody two shoes that didn't do anything bad ever. It means you know what happens, what could happen etc...

And I really am not aware of this new trend of people in their early 20's acting like geriatrics!
    Not saying it doesn't exist - I just haven't encountered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

That's why sheep are the best - there's a only very small chance you might be related to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I love the smell of banstick in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Have any of these 12-18 yr old girls got mas or das, cos after driving past tamangos(portmarnock) yesterday, it seems like these kids get away with dressing like brazzers. bleedin disgraceful if ya ask me...ive seen it in blanch,finglas,coolock etc. aswell
    Ah Tamangoes, good to know it's where the gang still goes!

>NoCo Dub Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Well I have to say Im no wiser as to what the op is on about...the joys of living outside the pale like :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No, it's really not hypocritical.
    I've done different drugs, I'd still go mad if my kids turned up high as a kite.
    I drank at 15 - Again, not something I'm going to accept in my own kids.
    I smoke - Same again, and so on.
    So you could have your fun but not them eh? :pac:

In fairness, I totally understand you not liking the idea of your children succumbing to the above - they are your children and that makes it difficult to be objective. But going mad at them would be hypocritical IMO. You turned out all right didn't you?

Chucken wrote: »
    Well I have to say Im no wiser as to what the op is on about...the joys of living outside the pale like :pac:

Jaysus, do ya still speak gaelige down in leitrim or something?

In fairness, I totally understand you not liking the idea of your children succumbing to the above - they are your children and that makes it difficult to be objective. But going mad at them would be hypocritical IMO. You turned out all right didn't you?

Ah no. kids will always push over their boundaries. A lot of the kids I grew up with who went off the rails were ones that had more liberal parents and were more tolerant of "harmless things" like a few cans that the rest of us did in secret anyway. They'll never stop at where you place the barrier. placing it further back won't guarantee that they'll never go far wrong, but it reduces the empirical probability. It's not hypocritical. You place the barrier further back knowing that in reality, they will cross it!

last i heard was that flutterfly was banged up in mountjoy after taking 1 pull of a cannabis joint.....so i heard anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

You turned out all right didn't you?

Hmmm...... Not quite sure about that one!! :pac:

Yeah, you see I automatically think about my kids when I think about this topic or when I see the kids lined up like cattle outside wesley or wherever.
    I doubt I'd even notice if I didn't have kids now that I think about it!

And
    So you could have your fun but not them eh?

Exactly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jaysus, do ya still speak gaelige down in leitrim or something?

Down? ...in Leitrim?

• Advertisement

Babybuff is a decidedly dodgy paedobear-ish username......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

spirit_77 wrote: »
    brazzer?
    Ladies of the night, hooker, prostitute. You get the idea;)

yore wrote: »
    Babybuff is a decidedly dodgy paedobear-ish username......

yes, yes it is. It's what I call myself when advertising my babysiting services

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/buff
    Informal . the bare skin: in the buff.

Slang . physically attractive; muscular.

to polish or shine, especially with a buffer: to buff shoes.

yore wrote: »
    I'm a female bodybuilder.

• Advertisement

back on topic

you said you have a teenage daughter, so how'd ya feel if she went to a disco dressed like a brazzer?

back on topic

you said you have a teenage daughter, so how'd ya feel if she went to a disco dressed like a brazzer?
    she's never been to a disco. She doesn't drink, she goes to gaming nights. she's been with her boyfriend for two years. She's out of your league.

she's never been to a disco. She doesn't drink, she goes to gaming nights. she's been with her boyfriend for two years. She's out of your league.

haha, i hope so ya mad yoke

do ya know her fella sticks his flute up her gee when your not around??

are you ten?

are you ten?

i wish. 27, probs older than you

I had to google "gaming night". So that's what they call it now. Sitting in a room in the dark, playing with the joystick...

just from an underprivileged area with high unemployment and lack of educational facilities then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Snuggled up in YOUR bed......OK....:eek:
    ?
    you said you were lookin at your daughter in your bed.....

ill say no more ya sicko :D
    I love the smell of banstick in the evening.
    back on topic

are you ten?
    just from an underprivileged area with high unemployment and lack of educational facilities then

Quit with the constant digs.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement