Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is this property really worth?

Options
  • 13-05-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm still on the lookout for the 'perfect' house and no luck so far but have spotted this one and I still haven't gone to see it as the actual price is way overpriced for me but I wonder is it overpriced in general? How low would you think this would go for?

Thanks in advance for your opinions :)

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=620173

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭artheb

Hi,
    This is my first post so Hello to everybody! I have been watching forum for a long time and eventually decided to write something up.
    I have no intention to hijack this thread, just thought it would make sense to keep it together as more people might have the same question.

I am in similar situation as person above and also found an interesting property. What would be a selling price for below property. Is it overpriced? If yes, how much would it go for?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/3-pearson-s-brook-gorey-co-wexford/1773703

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

artheb wrote: »
    Hi,
    This is my first post so Hello to everybody! I have been watching forum for a long time and eventually decided to write something up.
    I have no intention to hijack this thread, just though it would make sense to keep it together as more people might have the same question.

I am in similar situation as person above and also found an interesting property. What would be a selling price for below property. Is it overpriced? If yes, how much would it go for?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/3-pearson-s-brook-gorey-co-wexford/1773703

Thanks.

Good idea artheb :-) I don't mind at all. Was thinking that it would be an idea to have a thread like this - not sure why there isn't already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

In many other countries, in a normal market, average houses like that are usually worth 3 to 4 times annual average gross industrial wage. If that was the case in Ireland, they would be priced at 105k to 140k.

However, given that interest rates will almost certainly increase sometime, given that taxation/property taxes will increase, given future austerity measures to reduce the defecit, given the future end of the Croke Park agreement, given the IMF are here, given emigration, given the uncertainty over the future of the euro etc....surely house prices should be lower than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm still on the lookout for the 'perfect' house and no luck so far but have spotted this one and I still haven't gone to see it as the actual price is way overpriced for me but I wonder is it overpriced in general? How low would you think this would go for?

West facing garden that needs work. Getting rid of that deck and binning those overgrown hedges will cost. If it was me I'd say €200,000 to €210,000 tops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

squod wrote: »
    Getting rid of that deck and binning those overgrown hedges will cost.

why get rid of the decking? Besides, it could be cut up for firewood when oil goes up more;)

And cutting hedges could be done for a few hundred, less than 500 anyway. Hardly enough to be a factor in the price of the house?

Think what it will be worth in a year or 2 or 3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

true wrote: »
    Getting rid of that deck and binning those overgrown hedges will cost.

why get rid of the decking? Besides, it could be cut up for firewood when oil goes up more;)

And cutting hedges could be done for a few hundred, less than 500 anyway. Hardly enough to be a factor in the price of the house?

How do you mean " think what it will be worth in a year or 2"? Do you think prices will fall further?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

How do you mean " think what it will be worth in a year or 2"? Do you think prices will fall further?

Yes, Id say another 10 to 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

any house is only worth what people pay for it..........but there is a low price when people want to sell...and a high one, when people want to buy.......

you are in the best position to judge how much they want to sell, and convince them, you don't have to buy.......yes, haggle........

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fifty grand less?

I'm taking that the bush is grown to give the people more privacy, but I agree that the decking will probably have to go, esp if it's untreated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/bro...exford/1773703

to me that place doesnt look the most pleasant! looks very council estatey... no front garden...

another big question is, are there as of yet unfinished scheme about to be brought to the market by local builders or nama?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭artheb

Idbatterim wrote: »
    to me that place doesnt look the most pleasant! looks very council estatey... no front garden...

another big question is, are there as of yet unfinished scheme about to be brought to the market by local builders or nama?

Hi,

I don't think it is council estate but in fact does not look very pleasant. It is fairly new development completed within last 4 years. In terms of unfinished schemes there is a lot of houses unsold from developments from last 5-6 years. The big question is, what is the low ball offer and what would it go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I actually thought it was amazing value to be honest.
    But then I spotted that it wasn't Blackrock in Dublin! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Decking is nasty, requires maintenance, hides rats and looks awful. It's a serious drawback. Generally I'd put decking over damp ground. Where a patio wouldn't go.

Hedging needs to go IMO. Location is grand though.
    Zamboni wrote: »
    I actually thought it was amazing value to be honest.
    But then I spotted that it wasn't Blackrock in Dublin! :o

.......or Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Decking is nasty, requires maintenance, hides rats and looks awful. It's a serious drawback. Generally I'd put decking over damp ground. Where a patio wouldn't go.

Hedging needs to go IMO. Location is grand though.

.......or Louth.

cover up one nasty problem with another?!? Thats great...

And we wonder why our construction industry has produced such rubbish over the last 20 years....

Advertisement