Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Cooled System

Options
  • 13-05-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Does anyone have experience with water cooling? I have a few questions, Is it expensive and how much? also is it complicated and do the tubes need to be cleaned now and then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Straignt wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience with water cooling? I have a few questions, Is it expensive and how much? also is it complicated and do the tubes need to be cleaned now and then?

I've created a few watercooled systems. It can be expensive when you want to cool gpus/motherboards but a set up can be gotten for about 150 which will cool a cpu.
    It can be made as complicated as you want.
    I would change the water every 6 months so it would be useful to add fill and drain ports

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It's not that difficult, especially for CPU-only loops. If you want to add in GPUs and other stuff, it gets a bit more involved (and a bit more expensive), but IMO it's worth it.

Advertisement