Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud 'Gun Shot' Noises

Options
  • 13-05-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know what the loud noises are in the Dublin 5 area? I've heard them the last two days and two went off in the middle of the night last night, sending the dog into a frenzy and waking the whole house. There were more today, earlier this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

could be bangers maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Is there any crop fields near you?
    It could be a gas operated bird scarer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sorifinh

I don't think they are bangers and there are no fields nearby. We are on a flight path to the airport but I think we are too far away for the noise to be so loud if they are scaring birds. I've heard this noise on and off for years but it has become quite frequent of late. Would it be from the seafront? The quarry in Howth? The middle of the night ones are a bit odd for a quarry surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i know the noises you are talking about. i used to always hear them at night when i lived in edenmore. sounded like shotgun blasts from a distance to me

Advertisement