Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will / do you test?

Options
  • 13-05-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

As the title say, When will / do you test?

I know most people wait will there period due date, just wondering if anyone tests earlier?

And how many texts do you do?

Thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww sticky, im guessing it might be your month,best of luck girl,

Do a test first thing in the morning. If its clear blue,the day your period is due should be grand x

Hope to hear good news x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks Javagal, I am hoping and praying you are right. But not due the dreaded Aunt Flow (AF) until the 17th/18th of May.

So not sure when to take the test. I know I should wait till Friday - but the temptations are unreal. I have a test in the bathroom, and every time I go I look at it. I know it sounds silly, but I would rather get AF than a negative test at least then it is definite.

When did you take your test? Before of after your AF due date?

Thanks xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

oh how I know how you feel,the temptation can be terrible....I hate seeing a negative and have now learned after many months that it is best for me to wait until af is due,good luck to you this week,I will keep my fingers crossed for you:)

stickybean wrote: »
    Thanks Javagal, I am hoping and praying you are right. But not due the dreaded Aunt Flow (AF) until the 17th/18th of May.

So not sure when to take the test. I know I should wait till Friday - but the temptations are unreal. I have a test in the bathroom, and every time I go I look at it. I know it sounds silly, but I would rather get AF than a negative test at least then it is definite.

When did you take your test? Before of after your AF due date?

Thanks xxx

I took mine a day before I was due my AF(I have irregular cycles so wasnt even sure when it was due) and it was a faint positive, but I think that was just cause it was a cheapie crap test, if your feel you should test, test..

I told the husband we would do it Friday morning (if AF isn't here) Due Wednesday / Thursday. I hope I can hold out till then.

Did you do the test by yourself? I have done all my previous ones (which were ALL BFN's obviously) by myself.

Weird if it was positive I want him to be there and if it's not I want to be by myself and have a good cry.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I waited until AF was overdue by a couple of days, testing any earlier seemed to me like a waste of time and money, even then a lot of negative tests to be followed by AF in a few days.

We got this positive a week after AF should have appeared, after negatives on days 3 and 5 (which is another reason to add to the not testing early battery for any future TTC situations).

I always tested first thing in the morning.

Thanks for that squiggler :) and big congrats on the positive.

Did you do your testing alone?

stickybean wrote: »
    I told the husband we would do it Friday morning (if AF isn't here) Due Wednesday / Thursday. I hope I can hold out till then.

Did you do the test by yourself? I have done all my previous ones (which were ALL BFN's obviously) by myself.

Weird if it was positive I want him to be there and if it's not I want to be by myself and have a good cry.....

My oh was at home but I didnt tell him I was going it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Yeah, like javagirl I didn't tell himself I was testing.

When we started trying I told him first late period but he was so disappointed when it was a negative, and even more so when AF arrived a few days later. It made it even harder than if I was the only one hoping/disappointed. After that I decided it was better to just keep it to myself. He's great for hugs anyway, so I never needed to explain why I wanted or needed one.

He was at home each time though, wouldn't have liked to test with him not around at all.

Best of luck stickybean, your username says it all really, hope you get one soon.

Gonna keep an eye on this, please update!

• Advertisement

I'll let you know Friday pet, I promise x

Advertisement