Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula Feeding

Options
  • 13-05-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

My son is a few weeks short of.four months and in the past.week has started to get.a.littke tricky.with.his bottle.feeds. He always drank his bottles.from birth.etc. This week he was trying to bat the bottle out of his mouth,.but usually we.managed to get the feed.into him. He is a very good baby and usually sleeps 6 to 7 hours straight at night. All day today he.refused.to finish all of his.bottles. In all his bottles today he only drank 5ozs. When usually.7ozs. His last one.tonight he only drank 3 ozs. Is it teething or.is it.something.else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

I wouldn't stress about it, if they need/want the bottle they will take it. My child would take of leave her bottle and as yourself i was stressed thinking that this isn't right everything was ok. At 4 months we tried her on some baby rice and she was grand (bit stressfull when she was gagging but we were told it was normal and expected and to very small spoons at the start) if they are drooling and have rosey cheeks expect sleepless nights teeth are on the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Could be teething, could be that they are a little out of sorts (cold or something). As long as he's taking some or most of the bottle I wouldn't be concerned and once he's content and still having wet nappies there's nothing to be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Babies don't eat the same amount every day. I wouldn't be trying to force it in there. He's probably just developing a sense of appetite. I wouldn't try to override it. He'll let you know if he's hungry or thirsty. Sometimes they have a growth spurt and want loads, sometimes they ease off for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Check the dummies in the bottle. Maybe he needs the next one up with bigger flow.

I agree with the other comments. Not to worry. If they are hungry, they'll eat more. What you described happened to both our kids

Advertisement