Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-post but need help with damp smell

• 14-05-2012 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi guys need your help

We have noticed in the last week or so a damp smell in my little girl jaimys bedroom, smells like stagnant water but we can’t find any leaks or wet patches. Does anyone have any history or an idea what it may be? It smells like damp but we cannot find where it is coming from and it is only in her bedroom.

Any help would be deeply appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

Is there any black patches around the windows or on the walls? Was there somethin spilt? Did you check the attic? Did you ckeck the exterior wall for any cracking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Tony
    Would that be more a rotten fish smell ???. I came across something similar and searched room, attic, took up floor boards gave the room the works. Found nothing and was very frustrated. anyway putting everything back as I got it and it was getting dark, put on the light and eventually it got worse. I found the plastic ring on the light ( the bit you screw up to hold up the shade was at fault. It was perished with the constant heat of the bulb and the smell was awful. changed it no problem after that.Give it a try could be the problem ??
    NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Depending on how old the house is it could be that the outside walls were dry lined covering some rising damp, also have you checked the room ventilation to make sure its not blocked?

Advertisement