Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiation Therapy?? cao second time around!!

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hello there,

Im currently studying nutritional sciences in ucc and don't like it at all. I want a more challenging more medically based course. I was considering human nutition and dietetics in Trinity and DIT very carefully ( currently no 1 on my cao) but now im thinking about radiation therapy in trinity. Its very hard to get a place in a post grad in dietetics, I didnt think id get the points for trinity, stupid i know, so I didn't put it down first... Can anyone tell me anything about either of the two courses, which do you think is a better option? as I have researched each of them quite a bit. I am also going to to go for career guidance at the end of the month! Thank you so much :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

They're two very very different careers. What are your exact interests in healthcare?

Generally speaking...
    Diagnosis of disease / Surgery --> Medicine
    Diagnosis of disease (To a somewhat lesser extent) / Pharmacotherapy --> Pharmacy
    Kinesiology / Physical therapy --> Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy
    Radiotherapy and oncology --> Radiation therapy
    Ancillary care of patients --> Nursing

I know you're interested in healthcare but healthcare is a very broad field. All the above mentioned courses are very difficult and you won't survive the 4/5 (5 for Med/Pharm) years they take to complete if you don't enjoy what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You say you're interested in a medical based course, but a lot of them - like the ones partyatmygaff mentioned- train you for specific careers, it that actually what you want, or are you more interested in the academic, research side?

Advertisement