Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[wl] irish seniors

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

any reports ? results?

the website doesn't look very active these days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Results usually get circulated a couple of days afterwards, I'll post if I get my hands on them. GoLift have a series of pictures from both days here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.361521630578469.83059.153075004756467&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.361897600540872.83137.153075004756467&type=1

Not sure about videos. There might be a report, there was one last year, but like you said the website is quiet lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

cool looks like fun.

how does the novice category work in the leinsters ?

and you don't have to be from a leinster club do you? it's a leinster 'open' yeah?

Deaddy eddy gis the facts

• Advertisement

and you don't have to be from a leinster club do you? it's a leinster 'open' yeah?

Deaddy eddy gis the facts
    Ok throbby, you'll be competing as part of the "open" if you're not from a Leinster club. If you're not a member already you're gonna have to join the association on the day. You'll get a discount if you're from an affiliated club (I think UL is but not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rock27

Will the competition take the same format as the Ulster(female and lighter lifters on Saturday, heavier lifters on Sunday?) Hoping to give this competition a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

rock27 wrote: »
    Will the competition take the same format as the Ulster(female and lighter lifters on Saturday, heavier lifters on Sunday?) Hoping to give this competition a go.

That was Seniors not Ulsters. That was just over two days because a lot of lifters were expected and the venue closed at 5. Leinsters are all on the one day; Saturday. The info is on the facebook link.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rock27

Sry ya meant the seniors. Cheers for the info.

Got me paws on the results:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Got me paws on the results:

I'm gonna have a comp with more greens than reds one of these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Any particular reason Clarence Kennedy wasn't there?

nobbo wrote: »
    Any particular reason Clarence Kennedy wasn't there?

He doesn't compete too often. I think he's training for the junior euros.

just as an aside, Kevin D'Arcy seems to have won the u85 "British Senior Championships" with lifts of 278kg (120kg and 158kg)

A video here i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

That was last year. He's on a break from lifting now.

aww **** sorry, it was on the front page just presumed it was recent. doesn't have a date on it.

Well very belated congratulations to Mr D'Arcy our aloof romantic hero.

Advertisement