Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do well in ENGLISH

Options
  • 14-05-2012 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Guys, please help me out.
    I need ALOT of help with the englishLC ...

what are the tips and guide to do well in it? (B1 or an A2)
    What is the format of the paper? Would it affect ALOT, if my english isn't great. If so, what are the practices i need to improve so i'd be sure i'll do well in the actual leaving cert. In school exams i usually get like... 65-70%, but i want to bring the grade up.
    I'm doing higher level English
    For paper II I'm studying:

*Single text - Macbeth
    *Comparative -How many miles to babylon, My sister's keeper and a film (dont know what it is yet....)
    *and poetry... which i dont have a clue of what going on... what tpyes of questions would they ask when it comes to poetry?

and for paper I, say it's not the best choice to do an essay right... if so, what is the best choice for composition?

Any help would be high appriciated. Thanks a million!
    -KR.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Read books. Ones that are not on the course.
    Read short stories.
    Read diaries.
    Read stuff written in different centuries.
    Experience different styles of writing.

Advertisement