Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social Smoking

• 14-05-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here but I'm not really too sure where to ask it.
    Anyways, I smoked about 40 cigarettes yesterday over the session and today I've had like a weight on my chest it feels like. Is that normal? I don't usually smoke more than 20 but Saturday was a big one.
    Sometimes I think the smokes are actually worse than the alcohol. They always give me this sensation the next day of not being able to catch a breath. It feels a bit like the beginning of a panic attack.
    Does anyone else agree about the cigarettes.
    Also any tips on giving them up with the booze? I only smoke when I drink. After a few pints I always one to light up and you loose all inhibition to stay off them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

/lights benson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yes they generally do make you feel like **** the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Yes they generally do make you feel like **** the next day.
    What about people who regularly smoke? Do they not feel like **** all the time then or do you just get used to it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Also any tips on giving them up with the booze? I only smoke when I drink. After a few pints I always one to light up and you loose all inhibition to stay off them.
    There's a Giving up Smoking forum here which might give you some help. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here but I'm not really too sure where to ask it.
    Anyways, I smoked about 40 cigarettes yesterday over the session and today I've had like a weight on my chest it feels like. Is that normal? I don't usually smoke more than 20 but Saturday was a big one.
    Sometimes I think the smokes are actually worse than the alcohol. They always give me this sensation the next day of not being able to catch a breath. It feels a bit like the beginning of a panic attack.
    Does anyone else agree about the cigarettes.

:confused: smoking is about 100 times worse than alcohol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I got an electric cigarette yesterday and happily puffed on that all night and felt great waking up this morning. maybe you could try that or get those pills of the doctor that make you puke when you smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Posy wrote: »
    There's a Giving up Smoking forum here which might give you some help. :)
    Wow the first thread even is basically about what I was talking about in regard to the panic attacks and anxiety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

A bit bit of resistance training never hurt anyone. Good air, out there I smoke loads and can blow out a trick candle from quite the distance

yknow all this, this bastardizing of smoking was borne out of america to coincide with its islamophobia. those nations have smoking bars, as a means to socialize n banned booze so go figure. I bet the smokers talk more sense, too I mean look at me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Wow the first thread even is basically about what I was talking about in regard to the panic attacks and anxiety!

Well you could post in that one but the OP posted it in 2007, it was bumped.:D

Or start your own thread on the same subject for users who are around now.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement