Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Security Camera System

Options
  • 14-05-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am looking to set up some cameras to monitor a shed for machinary and a yard out the back of my home. What are my options for a DIY install and where best to get them? Two to three cameras should cover it. Are wireless cameras any good or would you need a cable connecting them to a tv or box in the house? Its a fair distance. Also if wireless will they work if any obstacles in between? Can get power to the cameras no prob. Would like to record the footage and be able to tune into it online. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Cheaper to wire them pick up a grand 4 camera system from msplin for under 500 they will do what ur looking for can spend big money on system but unless yard is well lit at night no point in over doing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cheap + Wireless will always equal rubbish.
    +1 on wiring it.
    There are some great deals on 4 camera systems. Take a look at the suppliers sticky and ring around for some good deals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

KoolKid wrote: »
    Cheap + Wireless will always equal rubbish.
    +1 on wiring it.
    There are some great deals on 4 camera systems. Take a look at the suppliers sticky and ring around for some good deals.

Any examples of a good deal?:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

Ask for Ken.
    He's a very nice lad to deal with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

KoolKid wrote: »
    CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

Ask for Ken.
    He's a very nice lad to deal with

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Your welcome.
    he's a good lad for making kits to suit a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sams4TheHills

Thanks for replies Ill check those out. Would it make any sense to wire the cameras to upstairs in the shed where I could have the recorder and view it on lap top over the net in the house or would you need everything into the house?

If you have an internet connection in the shed that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for replies Ill check those out. Would it make any sense to wire the cameras to upstairs in the shed where I could have the recorder and view it on lap top over the net in the house or would you need everything into the house?

Once the system is out of the way and not venerable to be taken you would be OK. Just remember if an intruder was to take the DVR then any evidence of them will be gone with it.

Advertisement