Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat and unfit to 2hr40min Hell of west in 1year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

14/8/2013- A nice 50k ish cycle today with the group from the local bike shop...only 6 of us but had 2 faster guys than last week so after dropping 2 lads early, a group of 4 of us stayed together for the first half from daly's cross to nenagh..on the cycle back we had a vicious headwind..the lads told me to push on ahead if i wanted to so i pushed on myself for the last 20k..good training into a difficult headwind..speedo was not working, forgot to start my watch and phone died so no stats whatsoever..just around 50k in around 1hr30mins... on a happier note..just received great news about the ma..after 2 years of battling colon cancer and liver cancer she eventually received the all clear yesterday...she is the strongest woman i know and she will always be my inspiration....a weight has been lifted!!!!!! happy days!! :D:D:D:D

session 50k bike 1hr30mins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Great to hear D. Wishing her all the best with recovery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Trig1 wrote: »
    .. on a happier note..just received great news about the ma..after 2 years of battling colon cancer and liver cancer she eventually received the all clear yesterday...she is the strongest woman i know and she will always be my inspiration....a weight has been lifted!!!!!! happy days!! :D:D:D:D

FANTASTIC NEWS! That's wonderful to hear. Delighted for her and for you and all your family of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Awesome, awesome news!! So very happy for you and yours. :)

15/8/2013...BRICK
    Today was to be short cycle, long run day...30k bike followed by 18k run with my fast mate...did 28k bike in torrential rain going uphill (for half) into a stiff headwind ...horrible stuff but good training!! took just over an hour at 27.5kph...was soaked to skin when I got back but on with the runners and straight out as my mate was waiting for me...did the route with first 5k climbing then 5k downhill then 1k uphill then around 2k downhill with last 4k long drag uphill before 1k downhill home...was going really tough on first 5k uphill but still hitting around 4.45-4.50 per km and chatting away (well he was anyway:o) after the first 5k was the 5k downhill and this was lovely and chatty at around 4.30mins/km... went through 10k in 47.XX then the sports tracker cut out- phone was soaked..good thing was we kept pace for the next 5k at around 4.45mins/km...died a little over the last 3k but still kept at around 5.00mins/km for these 3k...the full run was about 18+km done at around 4.50mins/km ...if i can do this in few weeks I'll be thrilled

session: 28k bike 18k run.. 2hrs30mins

Ok..I mentioned a few weeks ago that i was racing the lost sheep for cancer research (the mid western cancer foundation) I now have a page setup on mycharity.ie .... if anyone would like to sponsor me it would be greatly appreciated.......here is the mail with the website details

Hi lads
    I have had alot of replies about the sponsorship which is fantastic to see..alot of people have been looking for account details to send money onto so I have set up a webpage with mycharity.ie…you can get to it through the below link…Can those that have said you would sponsor me please use this site…thanks in advance

Derek

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/derek_bowens_event

Hey Everyone,
    I’m doing a fundraising event for charity!
    I would very much appreciate your support in helping me to raise funds for my chosen charities. I have created a fundraising page on www.mycharity.ie.
    On it you can read a few words about the event that I am doing and the charities that I have chosen to support.
    www.mycharity.ie/event/derek_bowens_event.
    You can sponsor me via credit or debit card.
    Rest assured that your transaction on the mycharity.ie website is very secure.
    You will automatically receive an e-mail from me thanking you for your support, and acknowledging the amount of your donation. Any donation you can make, no matter how small, will be hugely appreciated!
    Many thanks in advance for your support,

Derek Bowen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Thats great news and no doubt a big relief.

19/8/2013 ok..have been reading the training bible by Joe friel last week and after the run on Thursday I decided to take 3 full days off to let my body fully re-cuperate so roll on today and plan was turbo in the morn as heself was in town and i had to mind kids, swim in the evening with group at worlds end....so... planned to do Hell Hath no Fury sufferfest session....5mins tempo then 2X20min races then 4min tt then wind down...around 75mins in total.....did the 5 mins tempo and the first 20min piece and felt like i was about to get sick after it, I didnt feel like I was trying too hard but I obviously did too much...took 5 mins rest then started the 2nd 20min piece and got 5mins in before i had to give up...I just didn't have it in the legs...just decided to spin the legs for another while and threw in the towel after 50mins.....
    Evening came along and i decided to bring the bike with me to the swim to fit in the 20k worlds end course after the swim to make up for this morn...did a 30min swim- felt fine- loads of people swimming. stopped to chat a few times and did the 1500m swim in around 30min...came in and hopped on the bike and pushed the 20k bike route and felt good throughout- finished it in 33.44mins, over 2mins faster than the 12th...long run planned tomorrow

Sessions: 50min turbo, 1.5k swim 20k tt

20/8/2013- long run
    Last time i did a 20k run was 6th dec 2012 and i did it in 1hr43mins19secs..Had another 20k run planned today and plan was just do a steady pace throughout at sub 5.00mins/km- HIM pace, set off a little bit faster as usual and had a few downhill section, hit 5k in 23.21mins with splits of 4.46, 4.46, 4.18 (downhill), 4.41, 4.48, next 5k was nice and solid and just felt comfortable running..did this 5k in 24.08mins with splits of 4.50, 4.37, 4.45, 4.58 and 4.56, did the 10k in 47.30mins...still felt nice and comfortable with the next 5k at 24.49mins, splits..4.55, 4.55, 4.44, 4.53, 5.20 (hill).... got tired over the next 5k so slowed down a bit but body and fitness still felt fine...last 5k done in 25.47mins with splits of 5.16, 5.15, 5.11, 5.17 and 4.47 (brought speed up for last km) did the 2nd 10k in 50.37mins for overall time of 1hr38mins12secs for the 20k at avg of 4.54mins/km ..If I could do this for the HIM I'll be happy

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/DerekBowen/3i5159rg568dmaa2

Session: 20k run 1hr38mins12secs 4.54mins/km

21/8/2013- Just a 25k cycle to work, took it handy as legs were still sore after run yesterday, 25k in 49.35Mins 30.3kph

session: 25k cycle to work 49.35mins

22/8/2013- Cycle home from work this morn- 30kph for 25.8k- tired...next post will be Worlds End Sprint tri report, looking forward to it!:D

• Advertisement

trig1it was a lovely day and I arrived nice and early for the race(starting at 12), set up my runners in T2 and cycled down to T1 and set up my bike and everything else, chatted with the bro and my cousin before the race, was to be the cousins first tri so he was nervous, the bro was aiming for podium and I was aiming for my first sub 70min sprint tri result, my best sprint tri result so far was this same race last year in 1hr11mins21secs but i feel all 3 of my disciplines are going faster this year so i was aiming for around 13min swim, around 32min cycle and around 21min run anyway race briefing over and we got into the water... all 256 of us in 1 wave :eek:,
    swim
    I positioned myself around 3-4 from the front of the pack, i felt my swimming had improved this year and i should be closer to the front, the hooter sounded and all hell broke loose, there were bodies all over the place swimming over each other and kicking and elbowing, i tried to push to break free of the crowd but i couldn't, the next few minutes of the swim was much same stuff, everytime i tried to push on someone would catch my arm or swim over my legs or body and break my rythym again, I started getting very annoyed and very flustered and to be honest i let it get to me too much, I actually started panicking a bit and swam a few strokes with my head out of the water to get my breath and composure back, once we rounded the buoy I was hoping it would settle back down but again there was just too many people, I got into a bit of a rythym but even with 100m to go I got a dig in the eye that knocked my goggles off, had to stop and put them back on..a really horrible swim and I was extremely dissappointed when i looked at my watch exiting the water ..14.54mins- I was expecting to be 2mins faster- even after this my head dropped a little as i knew deep down that any hope of sub 70mins was now gone...
    swim 14.54mins 78th/256 overall, 25th/75in age group last year swam 13.58mins

T1 This was also a disaster- i was still flustered and didn't get my wetsuit off cleanly, didnt get my cycling shoes on cleanly, didn't get my helmet on cleanly. eventually got out of transition and onto the bike
    t1 1.18mins 52nd/256 overall

Bike.. I was angry getting onto the bike and it showed, I killed the bike course, i knew the course well and went flatout throughout, besides the run out with the bike and the few hills, my bike speed was 40kph+ for the rest of the cycle, it was still a bit demoralysing when i tore past a group of 8 cyclist drafting with the Bike Marshall shouting at them but still no penalties on the day???????????????????????????, I nailed the bike and was delighted when I also nailed a savage dismount at speed..got into transition and there was only about 16/17 bikes there so i knew I was well up there now
    Bike ..32.01 6th/256 overall 5th/75 in agegroup last year cycled 32.47

t2.. no issues here, nice fast T2 1.03mins 32/256

Run.. Run course had an extra 50-60m added to it compared to last year so i knew it would be difficult to go sub 21mins...Knew from the start of the run that i would have to do a 5k p.b. to go sub 70mins, unfortunately it was not gonna happen today, I had a good run and felt strong throughout, was passed by around 5-6 people but they were very fast runners, with 2k to go i knew 70mins was gone but a sprint tri p.b. was still in sights and with 1k to go my watch was at 67mins, i went for the last km and was surprised that my legs responded, i felt wrecked but good, pushed as hard as I could up the last little hill and hit the finish line in 70mins47secs , enjoyed the run, a solid 21.30mins
    Run 21.30mins 46th/256 overall and 28th in agegroup 22.25 last year on shorter course

Well the swim let me down big time and I know sub 70mins is well there for the taking but unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to wait until next year as that was my last sprint tri...finished last year with a sprint tri p.b. and finishing this years sprints with another sprint tri p.b. with over 30secs knocked off last years result...
    came 19th last year out of 195
    came 23rd (not including relay) this year out of 256with new sprint tri p.b. of 1hr10mins47secs :D
    Overall..1hr10mins47secs 23/256 overall 12/75 in agegroup

The bro got a podium finish in 3rd place (but i beat him on bike by 15secs:D:D)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

swim 14.54mins 78th/256 overall, 25th/75in age group

will look for you in the pictures so, i was out in 14:58 so we should be in the same shots:)

mossym wrote: »
    will look for you in the pictures so, i was out in 14:58 so we should be in the same shots:)

What were you aiming for in swim?? did many have a bad swim or was it just me??

What were you aiming for in swim?? did many have a bad swim or was it just me??

was thinking 13 to 14 mins for teh swim, so was obviously a bit slower. i went further out looking for clean water, missed the gun, lost 15 to 20 seconds there, and then took a wide line around the buy to avoid the carnage. didn't think it wa s a great swim getting out, but with all the bikes still in their racks i felt a lot better:D

Well done d, great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done D, fine result and real progress made this summer. Bro did 63 :eek: he is motoring. Is he doing Lost Sheep too?

Well done D, fine result and real progress made this summer. Bro did 63 :eek: he is motoring. Is he doing Lost Sheep too?

Nah Mike he only does the sprints and 1 oly each year -HOTW, Lost sheep is too long for him:D, he doesn't have the Endurance ;):D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Way to kill the bike!! Just about every time I read a tri report it seems the swim is a contact sport....seems a little bit much to me, not sure how necessary or sportsmanlike all that kicking and elbowing is....but.....more to the point - congrats on your race. You'll get that sub 70 min next time!!! :)

Quick update as I've been up the walls in work all week and only managed few sessions..
    26/8/2013 10k run at lunchtime in work- 50mins- hip very sore
    27/8/2013 ~2k swim after work at worlds end ~40mins
    28/8/2013 needed to get on the bike but only had a 45min window in work so just did a 25k cycle in 45mins
    29/8/2013- nothing done today-shattered, will try get swim in tomorrow, if not then its Brian Boru Oly on Saturday then a few short sessions befor The Lost Sheep HIM next weekend..

:D:D:D:D First ever top 10 finish today..9th in Brian Boru Olympic Tri, delighted
    even if there was only 70 in the race:eek: I'm happy out..race report to come soon..

• Advertisement

Ok I will try keep this brief...
    Evening before race i went to register and was dissappointed with goodie bags and the realization that there was not many in the race, but hey what can I do so registered and got home to bed...
    Morning of race....usual, setup on a beautiful sunny morning, pre racebriefing and blessing from the priest and a "good Luck ye are all mad" from Keith Woods..My plan was to push the swim and bike and take the run easy..
    swim so off I went in wave 1 of the swim...felt fine and comfortable most of the way but it was very swelly witth waves breaking into the face for most of it, got on a few feet but not many, didn't feel I had a good swim and the time confirmed that...
    swim 30:19mins 22/69 overall
    CycleWhen I got out of the water I felt I was well down, especially seeing as it looked like there was no bikes left in transition... the cycle which is usually my strongest leg was a bit of a disaster for most of the first lap and all of my own doing..I got a new double bottle cage for the saddle of my bike for "the lost sheep"- cost me 55euro..:( so I used it for the race...10 mins into the bike going up the first hill I reached for my first drink to realize my bottle and bottle cage was hanging off, drank half the bottle in 1 go then threw it away as I could not get it back into the cage..I had no drink now and it was only 10mins into cycle..spent the next 30mins of the cycle reaching back every few minute to hand tighten a screw to prevent the bottle cage falling off- I knew I was loosing a lot of time as i wasnt even concentrating on the cycle...Unfortunately I lost the cage anyway a few minutes later so at least I could knuckle down for the 2nd loop.. tore up the hill on the 2nd loop passing loads of sprint tri people on the way...unfortunately I rarely passed out an olympic racer so i still felt I was well down the field...passed around 10 oly racers in total..got back to transition and bike took over 1hr20mins- very dissapointed but still 7th fastest overall
    Bike 1hr21min29secs 7/69
    RunThis is an extreme 10k mountain run and last year I walked half of it and took over 1hr to do the 10k..this year I planned to take it easy to avoid injury 1 week before lost sheep, I just wanted to try run the whole route...So set off with 3 gels in my hand ( had 4 gels on bike,but no water-) after a few mins the gels were annoying me so I put the in a back pocket of my tri suit- started climbing straight away but felt good and got into a nice rythym and surprisingly started passing out people- kept the rythym going on the really steep parts and again passed out loads of walkers including a few olympic racers...at around 3k in I reached for my first gel to realise they were all gone :eek: I dropped them all on the run...so no drink on the bike and no gels on the run...this was turning into a disaster and I was parched at this stage...thankfully we were just coming to a drinks station..stopped here to take on 3 glasses of water and pushed on again, that was the only time I had to stop on the run which I was delighted with...gone to the turnaround at 6k and pshed past 2 more guys on the downhill 4k, 1 of those guys passed me out again with a few 100m to go but found out at finish line he was relay runner...did the run in 54mins which I was very happy with, though I 'd be happy if I got top 20 seeing as I had a bit of a disaster of a race...
    Run 54:48 16/69
    Was delighted when results came out to see I came 10th overall, 9th actually overall as the guy that passed me before the line was a relay runner...sets me up nicely for next weekend

Brian Boru Oly 9/69 overall 2hrs48mins38secs

Since the race I havent being doing much..relaxing before the race in 2 days time with all the groundwork done..was very sore Sunday after the race so no training then
    2/9/2013 did just a nice light flat 80k cycle today in 2hrs40mins at 30kph
    http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/DerekBowen/5j38ra7nbbtn913i

3/9/2013 was away with work for 2 days tues and wed in Carrigaline court hotel- got a long swim done in 20m pool- 100 lengths... 2k light swim with loads of breaks due to congestion 45mins in total

So thats the extent of this weeks training..heading to Kenmare tomorrow for my first Half Ironman Distance race...never thought I'd ever be doing one of these so PRAY for me :D. by the way you can still sponsor me for the race on the link on previous page...E3000 raised so far for cancer research and hoping to raise E5000 in total...next post will be "How I won the lost sheep" (I wish):):):):)

good race report.

btw, did you put sponsorship boxes in the canteens where you work for lost sheep? think i spotted your name today and just made the connection

good race report.

btw, did you put sponsorship boxes in the canteens where you work for lost sheep? think i spotted your name today and just made the connection

Yes I did, been there all week, you work there too??

Best of luck at the lost sheep elvis. Super result at Brian boru. Very very impressive!

Yes I did, been there all week, you work there too??

aye, i'm up in Building 2

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Best of luck at the lost sheep elvis. Super result at Brian boru. Very very impressive!

Elvis I think you have me mistaken with a real up and over legend!!!!!!:o

aye, i'm up in Building 2

Its a small world...didn't recognise any work heads at Brian Boru

Its a small world...didn't recognise any work heads at Brian Boru

i keep a low profile, in marketing so travel a lot, was with the company abroad for a good few years as well

Well will try get a race report up soon but had a great weekend at lost sheep and finished with a very respectable time of 5hrs14mins30secs... very tired and sore afterwards but it was a terrific race

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3439997654243&set=a.3264779553900.1073741829.1699613027&type=1&theater

• Advertisement

Ok it's been a week so I might as well start this...its my last race report of the season so it wont be short :D,
    Myself and the missus dropped our 4 kids off at her brothers in CastleIsland on the Friday afternoon on the way to Kenmare, Arrived in Kenmare around 5pm Friday evening, booked in Davitt's (which was lovely) Got the bike out of the car and just took it for a quick spin down to the swim start to soak up a bit of atmosphere, cycled back to the b&b and brought bike up to the room, double checked all my gear, got some food and then went to registration and race brief- Brief was funny- loads of talk about how treacherous course was and dont worry there's ambulance on the course and a hospital nearby :eek::eek:, I was getting worried about this cycle course with 2 Category 1 climbs and 1 category 2 climb but there was nothing i could do about it now....I was a bit dissappointed with the goodie bag-expected a nice hoodie, instead I got this cheap Gilet
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3435206374464&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

Anyway...Watched the end of the irish Match and was in Bed for 10pm with alarm set for 5.30am...
    Alarm went off and I popped out of bed -raring to go... had 3 weetabix and a banana for breakfast...nutrition plan for race was...1 gel before swim, 4 gels and 2 power bars on bike and 3 gels on run...Walked to transition with the wife, the bike and all my gear for 6.30...Got everything setup in the dusk, it was extremely cold but water looked flat calm, race plan was, take swim nice and easy, push bike hard but take uphills easy and try keep 5min/km pace for run...sub 5hrs30mins was my aim for my first ever half Iron distance race.....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3436460885826&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

Swim:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3436461085831&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theaterMy plan for the swim was simple-I wanted to be on the bike out of transition at 40mins! ...we were called into the water around 7.30am- gave the Wife a final kiss and off i went in, expected the water to be freezing but it actually wasn't that bad, hooter went at exactly 7.45 and i headed off, stopped probably 5seconds later after getting a dig in the eye which knocked my goggles off- re-fixed my goggles and off i set..felt really good heading towards the first buoy at 700m- got on a few feet but mainly stayed relaxed...after rounding the first buoy and around 100m across to the 2nd buoy i looked at my watch and it read 14:xx- was happy wth this- turned at the 2nd buoy which was 400m across and checked watch again and it read 18:xx..was delighted with this and expected a time of around 33mins with 800m to go, unfortunatley the last 800m was into a going tide and a heavy flow- it took forever to get back to shore..I finished with a time of 36.51mins

Swim...36.51mins 171/292 overall 38/66 in agegroup
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3436463485891&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

T1 : went fine...put on cycling top and put gels and bars in top and off I went- hopped on bike after transition and looked at watch and it read 40mins-goal 1 hit..

Bike...Aim for bike was try hit 2hrs30mins..headed off on bike and straight away started passing loads averaging around 37kph for first 15k before first climb-took first gel here- controlled climb well and legs felt great- was still passing loads on climb...went well on downhill sections and was gaining confidence throughout cycle, 2nd climb came and went with another gel, climbs were difficult but i was happy to be hitting each 20k mark in 40mins per 20k - 30kph, and at 40k gone i was at exactly 1hr20mins,ate 1/3rd of 1 bar here but found it very difficult so stopped trying to eat, into the 3rd climb and took my 3rd gel- still felt goodon this climb (at lease i thought I did until a girl on a crappy racer passed me out..wtf :eek::o) I hit the peak of the last climb (tunnel) and let loose on the fab downhill, passing the girl out again :p and loads more too, I was flying it now on the last stretch home to Kenmare, but unfortunately the clock was flying it too..Was pushing hard to hit Kenmare before the 2hrs30 mark but unfortunately it came and went and i still hadnt hit kenmare- flew into kenmare at 2hrs42...course was around 83k so maintained 30kph+ for the course, considering the hills, rain and wind I'm happy with that time..

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3439996494214&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

cycle: 2hrs42mins 59/292 (not sure of agegroup split)

T2: this was ok, toes were completely frozen from the bike course, put on socks here, took gels out of runnrs and into back of cycling top and off i went again...

Run: My aim for run was 5min km's ..1hr45mins for run..I set off at a good tempo and i have to say I felt great and i was delighted with myself that i was actually doing a Half ironman distace race...Passed the wife again but i was going too fast for her to get a photo..:p
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3439996814222&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

In the first km of the run i got this weird feeling of liquid in my toes...figured i had left a gel in my runner so I stopped, took off runner and checked- no gel?? It must have been my toes thawing out, took my first gel around 2k into the run and at 2k my watch was reading 10mins...good- on target...kept same rythym and counted down each 2k--thinking to myself "thats 2k done ,just 19k left, you've done 19k runs before, thats all it is, you can do this" at 4k gone I was at 20mins and change, still on target, 4k done 17k left- easy!! :confused:, at 6k I was still at 30mins and was surprising myself, I was struggling but comfortableish...hit the water station soon after and waled through it taking on board water and high5, at 8k I was still at 40mins and was thinking to myself 13k to go..lets hit 10k in under 50mins and see what happens...hit 10k in 49.35- was chuffed and took my next gel here, I was still under the hour at 12k and feeling really good and thout to myself- less than 9k to go, felt proud that bar a disaster I knew i was going to smash my projected time of 5hrs30mins, I was actually on for sub 5hrs10mins at this stage... went through the water station again soon after and walked again taking on another water and high5,,At 14k i was hovering just over the 70min mark and was still feeling fine, legs were getting tired but I knew i had only 7k to go, i was around 4hrs30mins into race now and was surprising myself that i was still able to keep pace..at 16k with only 5k to go I hit 1hr21mins-pace was getting a bit slower but not much but i knew the dreaded hill was coming up- hit a water station and walked here again and took a water and coke and a gel on board to get me through the last 5k..hit the hill pretty soon after this and unfortunatley had to walk up it, it took what was left out of my legs..got over the hill but i lost alot of precious time on it, I knew my 5hrs10mins was gone now, hit the 18k mark at 1hr34 mins, so in my head I only had 3k to go, time to go for home I was thinking but the legs were not responding..picked up the pace slightly and actually passed a few guys in the last 3k (passed out a few during the race and was passed by a few also), went for home at the hospital with less than a km to go and I found speed from somewhere, legs started working again and when I saw the finish line and the wife waiting I finished strong with a big smile on my face..I was delighted with myself and nearly even shed a tear:o, I went from a fat slouch over 2years ago to doing a very respectable time in the toughest half ironman distance race In Ireland :cool:,
    Run....1hr49mins26secs 121/292 overall

The Lost Sheep... 5hrs14mins30secs... 76/263(292 started but 30DNF) 22/66/in agegroup
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3439997654243&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

Well...thats my season over,, and finished on a big High, Secretly tried to break 5hrs but underestimated the toughness of the course (especially the cycle), It was an excellent race and i loved every minute of it...I'll be back next year....On another note ..I did this race for my Mam and for the Limerick Oncology unit ...My Mam went through 2 years of fighting 2 different types of Cancer and came out the other end a winner, Her strength and determination made me push myself to do this race and I'm delighted to say I'm closing in on 5000 euro (4400 raised so far) raised for the Limerick Oncology unit- thanks to everyone who has sponsored me.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3440001494339&set=t.1787993474&type=1&theater

Advertisement