Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cillin Hill

Options
  • 14-05-2012 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Attended two shows in Cillin Hill so far this year - Keith Barry in February and Mario Rosenstock last Friday night.

The organisers have imposed a €3 car park charge for last Friday's show which wasn't imposed on the February show.

This is blatent profiteering. Will not be attending any further shows at this venue in the future while this charge stays.

Will attend shows in other towns instead. Spent the guts of €100 at a local restaurant too before the show... pity that they will lose out in future.

Bad form Cillin Hill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Danno wrote: »
    Attended two shows in Cillin Hill so far this year - Keith Barry in February and Mario Rosenstock last Friday night.

The organisers have imposed a €3 car park charge for last Friday's show which wasn't imposed on the February show.

This is blatent profiteering. Will not be attending any further shows at this venue in the future while this charge stays.

Will attend shows in other towns instead. Spent the guts of €100 at a local restaurant too before the show... pity that they will lose out in future.

Bad form Cillin Hill.

It is pure greed imo I have been to many shows here over the last two years and it is only recently this is happening I think the less people who pay this the better then the greedy organisers might cop on that people will not accept this charge .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Personally I'm all for making money which ever way you can but I know there's no chance I'd pay €3 for parking, I'd probably dump the car up the road in front of Chadwicks.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Just park on the hard shoulder out the front.
    I never pay for parking in Kilkenny, I do my shopping on a Sunday when there is free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

In fairness Danno its a bit rich to complain about 3 quid to park during the show after saying you spent 100 in a restaurant right before it.

I was at Christy Moore there a couple of months ago and was charged also, thought it was a bit cheeky but you can't really complain.

IMO its private property and they can charge if/what they like.

In comparison to the booking fee on the tickets to the shows from ticketmaster and a few drinks inside its nothing.

If you went to a show in Dublin you'd have to pay a lot more for parking or get public transport to a show.

Sure even going to club hurling matches etc even its always a few euro to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hey PaulKK... this €3 charge was non-existent in February... why now?

The greedy folk at the top just want more and more... to hell with them... it's not my obligation to keep them well healed.

I had no problem in paying the restaurant, especially when they had cut prices in line with most people's cuts in wages... service was the same, if not a little better than before.

Sadly though, the restaurant will not have my custom anymore as I will point blankly refuse to attend Cillin Hill until this parking charge goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

hi5 wrote: »
    Just park on the hard shoulder out the front.
    I never pay for parking in Kilkenny, I do my shopping on a Sunday when there is free parking.

Clever boyos blocked off the road up to the FBD building with railings... anyone entering Cillin Hill was effectively herded into the pay-to-park queue. No space to turn around and get back out as they made the two sides of the road a one-way-only queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Danno wrote: »
    Clever boyos blocked off the road up to the FBD building with railings... anyone entering Cillin Hill was effectively herded into the pay-to-park queue. No space to turn around and get back out as they made the two sides of the road a one-way-only queue.

That is farily sly. have you contacted Cillin hill in relation to this to find out why they charge? I woudl love to know what to have to say about it.

The Fee would annoy me too but I think they fact that (I presume) you or no one else was informed that there was going to be this charge woudl really piss me off.

It bangs of going to croker and lads charging you money to park on their street!!!

Advertisement