Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2012 - 'Improvers' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lizzy C

Name|Plan|Week|Weekly Sessions Completed|Miles/KM This Week| Total Miles/KM | Comments
    liamog|HH Inter 1|7|2|15.0 km| 232.1 km | PB'd in the DLR 10km with a time of 44:10, however that's where the good news end, picked up a niggly ankle injury, so have not ran since Wednesday. Swimming tonight and then back on the road tomorrow hopefully.
    Micilín Muc|P&D:55-70|7|6|110km|665km|68 miles + last week's LSR on Monday = 83 miles in 7 days. Did 21-miler today - great for confidence! Double runs starting this week :(
    RedRunner|HH Inter 1|7|1|3.51m|137m| Gentle run today to test injury. No Pain. Will ease back into running regularly this week.
    Mike D|HH Inter 1|7|5|36m|195.1m|Missed my cross session again this week! Found the 14m lsr tough today but good to get through another week. :)
    beeduybe|P&D:33-55|7|5|47m|297m|Toughest week of the plan so far. Hamstring was giving me trouble during LSR so cut short my 20 Mile LSR by a couple of miles.
    Lizzy C|P&D -33-55|7|4|32.09m|253.3m|Week didn't go so well - missed mid week Long Run due to sore foot and had to take trip to physio. Also, did 11m on Sunday LSR instead of 18, because of foot. Think I'm on the mend though...
    Skidrow|HH inter1|7|4|29m|184m|Missed 1 of the 7m runs due to groin strain, happy to get through 14m.
    Younganne|Ecolis plan|7|5|32.03m|204.33m| 5 runs done, legs still not 100% so following Physio advice, but got through 15m LSR so very happy with that|
    run44|HH inter1||5|27m|62mm|Happy to get 5 in this week
    D Chief|P&D -55|7|5|78.2km|482.2km|Tight for time at the weekend but got it done by doing LSR on Saturday instead of Sunday. Have been neglecting cross training; Friday was first bike ride since starting this schedule.
    Sideline warrior|HH Inter 1|5|5|28.5m|135.9m|Avg pace this week was 8.03 so am going to make concerted effort to slow down on the longer runs. Seems to be best practice. Am in France next week for 2 weeks and am concerned that due to heat it will be tough to get in runs especially LSRs. Will try early morning runs but am not an early runner!
    seanie_m|HH Inter 1|5|6|30mi|127.5mi|Was so happy with how this week was going, then for whatever reason my knee just gave up on me early on in tonights LSR, only managed to do half of it. Going to have to take a few days off I fear to let it recover. Aside from that though, was a good week
    doledude86|HH Inter 2|5|6|30m|155m|step back week this week
    irfrm|runners world|5|5|39m|141m|good week getting all rus in & PB 5K 19:06
    shels4ever|just run||9|50|50|Just lots of easy runs last week. Head not in the log runs jsut yet but hope to get to grips with them soon.
    jester1980|HH IINT 1|6|5|39.5|172.5|Better week last week, had a triathlon on Sunday so moved my LSR to Friday.this week has started off very well so happy with that.
    Van.Bosch|P&D - 55|5|5|45.38M|172.44M|Good Week, got through all the runs and enjoyed the 16M with 10 @PMP.
    Mr.Wiggle|RunRepublic sub3.30|4|6|63km|233km| A very good weeks training for me. Had Sundays sub43min 10km run in the back of my mind all week, worrying. Plotted a nice flatish course and came in at 41min16sec. Tired and sore, but happy :D
    RedB|P&D - 55|7|5|50M|172M|LT+Endur Week, went to PT again with back and knee twinges. Really need to do stretches :). Challenging week but happy I got through Long Run ok and without gels
    Trigger26 |Club coach sub 3.30|7|7|43M|205M|Really stepped up this week with speed work and long run of 16 miles @ 8 mile pace
    [/QUOTE]

Not that I wish at all to hear of other people's injuries, it is ever so slightly comforting to see other people have to miss or two runs or cut runs short due to niggles, it's not just me whose body feels like a bit of a crock!...the physios must be raking it in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Lizzy C wrote: »

Not that I wish at all to hear of other people's injuries, it is ever so slightly comforting to see other people have to miss or two runs or cut runs short due to niggles, it's not just me whose body feels like a bit of a crock!...the physios must be raking it in...

Lis, i hope you are fully recovered soon, youre doing a great job with P&D

I think alot of people are starting to feel the increasing miles(KMS) in their bodies which is totally expected when you see the mileage some people are running...

Has everyone seen this thread, i reckon its worth a read by everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Have to agree with you Lizzy & YAnne, increased mileage is taking its toll with me also. I have missed 1 run this week and last week because I felt I just hadn't the energy. I make sure not to miss the LSR which is probably the most important run of the week. Heading to Phoenix Park for 15 mile LSR early tomorrow, 10:30ish pace, forecast looks ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Skidrow wrote: »
    Have to agree with you Lizzy & YAnne, increased mileage is taking its toll with me also. I have missed 1 run this week and last week because I felt I just hadn't the energy. I make sure not to miss the LSR which is probably the most important run of the week. Heading to Phoenix Park for 15 mile LSR early tomorrow, 10:30ish pace, forecast looks ok.

Currently juggling my runs around this week due to earlier niggles. Mon and Fridays rests turned into Mon and Tuesday, and a steady wed run turned into a easy run. Feeling much better tonight after a 7mile fartlek session than I thought I would. Easy 5 mile and 15m Lsr to go, hope the legs hold up ok! Kudos to all who went out on Mon and Tuesday in that weather. It was brutal down here in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

RubyK wrote: »
    Name|Plan|Week|Weekly Sessions Completed|Miles/KM This Week| Total Miles/KM | Comments
    liamog|HH Inter 1|7|2|15.0 km| 232.1 km | PB'd in the DLR 10km with a time of 44:10, however that's where the good news end, picked up a niggly ankle injury, so have not ran since Wednesday. Swimming tonight and then back on the road tomorrow hopefully.
    Micilín Muc|P&D:55-70|7|6|110km|665km|68 miles + last week's LSR on Monday = 83 miles in 7 days. Did 21-miler today - great for confidence! Double runs starting this week :(
    RedRunner|HH Inter 1|7|1|3.51m|137m| Gentle run today to test injury. No Pain. Will ease back into running regularly this week.
    Mike D|HH Inter 1|7|5|36m|195.1m|Missed my cross session again this week! Found the 14m lsr tough today but good to get through another week. :)
    beeduybe|P&D:33-55|7|5|47m|297m|Toughest week of the plan so far. Hamstring was giving me trouble during LSR so cut short my 20 Mile LSR by a couple of miles.
    Lizzy C|P&D -33-55|6|4|37.06m|221.21m|Good to have recovery week, as I felt pretty tired. Missed one session, but was able to up milage slightly on other runs to make up for it. Roll on Week 7 (with rest day to begin with :D)
    Skidrow|HH inter1|7|4|29m|184m|Missed 1 of the 7m runs due to groin strain, happy to get through 14m.
    Younganne|Ecolis plan|6|2|12.05m|172.30m| only 2 runs this week due to calf injury. hope to get full week in this week|
    D Chief|P&D -55|7|5|78.2km|482.2km|Tight for time at the weekend but got it done by doing LSR on Saturday instead of Sunday. Have been neglecting cross training; Friday was first bike ride since starting this schedule.
    Sideline warrior|HH Inter 1|5|5|28.5m|135.9m|Avg pace this week was 8.03 so am going to make concerted effort to slow down on the longer runs. Seems to be best practice. Am in France next week for 2 weeks and am concerned that due to heat it will be tough to get in runs especially LSRs. Will try early morning runs but am not an early runner!
    seanie_m|HH Inter 1|5|6|30mi|127.5mi|Was so happy with how this week was going, then for whatever reason my knee just gave up on me early on in tonights LSR, only managed to do half of it. Going to have to take a few days off I fear to let it recover. Aside from that though, was a good week
    shels4ever|just run||9|50|50|Just lots of easy runs last week. Head not in the log runs jsut yet but hope to get to grips with them soon.
    jester1980|HH IINT 1|6|5|39.5|172.5|Better week last week, had a triathlon on Sunday so moved my LSR to Friday.this week has started off very well so happy with that.
    Van.Bosch|P&D - 55|5|5|45.38M|172.44M|Good Week, got through all the runs and enjoyed the 16M with 10 @PMP.
    Mr.Wiggle|RunRepublic sub3.30|4|6|63km|233km| A very good weeks training for me. Had Sundays sub43min 10km run in the back of my mind all week, worrying. Plotted a nice flatish course and came in at 41min16sec. Tired and sore, but happy :D
    RedB|P&D - 55|7|5|50M|172M|LT+Endur Week, went to PT again with back and knee twinges. Really need to do stretches :). Challenging week but happy I got through Long Run ok and without gels
    Trigger26 |Club coach sub 3.30|7|7|43M|205M|Really stepped up this week with speed work and long run of 16 miles @ 8 mile pace

What's the story Ruby...removing yourself from table??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

RedRunner wrote: »
    Off to A.King tomorrow for Gait analysis and new runners. Will be interesting to see if they recommend the pair I have now or a different brand/model.

haven't had many problems with existing ones. Should I be loathed to change or trust totally in their advice?

FWIW if ya have no problem with your current ones I'd stick with them. I changed last time just for the sake of change having had 4 or 5 saucony triumphs in a row. Going back to the saucony's next time.

neilc wrote: »
    FWIW if ya have no problem with your current ones I'd stick with them. I changed last time just for the sake of change having had 4 or 5 saucony triumphs in a row. Going back to the saucony's next time.

Thats what I was thinking when I went there today. What transpired was that I changed them. Had ASICS kayano 17s and have now opted for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12s. I hope I don't regret the decision. It was down to two pairs in the end , the Kayano 18 Vs Brooks. What made me opt for the Brooks was that on video playback I seemed to be getting better support (I'm an overpronator) with the Brooks and since I currently have a niggle on my left ankle I thought this might be better in longer term.

I have to say the folks out there know their stuff and are very thorough. Really felt like I was getting the best advice. Got gait analysis before trying anything on and for each pair I tried on after.And they even let you take them outside for test runs on pavement. Taking them for a break-in run in the morning. Fingers crossed I made the right choice.

RedRunner|HH Inter 1|8|3|15.72m|152.72| Easing myself back into it after injury. Did a 7 mile LSR today.Hip a bit tired at end of it. Glad to get a few runs in this week. Step it up again next week.
    Lizzy C|P&D -33-55|7|4|32.09m|253.3m|Week didn't go so well - missed mid week Long Run due to sore foot and had to take trip to physio. Also, did 11m on Sunday LSR instead of 18, because of foot. Think I'm on the mend though...
    Younganne|Ecolis plan|7|5|32.03m|204.33m| 5 runs done, legs still not 100% so following Physio advice, but got through 15m LSR so very happy with that|

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

I am doing the 10m race in PP on Saturday and would love some advice on how to structure the week. Should I even do the 10m as its a peak mileage week?

I dont know how to reschedule my week. This is the plan. Can someone suggest actual. Today (Sunday) i completed 18m LSR.

Mon - Rest / CT
    Tue - Recovery 7m

Wed - Medium Long 12m
    Thurs - Rest
    Fri - 10m w/6m @ 15km Pace
    Sat - Recovery 5m
    Sun - Long 20 mi

Thanks...again ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

potsy11 wrote: »
    I am doing the 10m race in PP on Saturday and would love some advice on how to structure the week. Should I even do the 10m as its a peak mileage week?

I dont know how to reschedule my week. This is the plan. Can someone suggest actual. Today (Sunday) i completed 18m LSR.

Ok, first off I think that you should definitely do the race. You'll get a lot more out of this then any training session - if you're signed up, then go for it. My 0.02 EUR worth!

If you are to do this, would you want to run it hard? If so, then the week that you've planned needs to change a lot! What does the following week look like? Could you just swap the two weeks? While a 10 mile race is great, so too is a 20mile LSR. If you could manage both within the next 2 weeks, then that would be ideal.

For this week, I would suggest dropping the Friday run for something easy paced (maybe 5 miles), with some strides at the end to loosen up the legs. Definitely no need for an LSR on Sunday - if you do a warm up/ warm down you'll get plenty quality work done on the Saturday. Do you usually run on a Sunday? If so, then a few very slow recovery miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

RedRunner|HH Inter 1|8|3|15.72m|152.72| Easing myself back into it after injury. Did a 7 mile LSR today.Hip a bit tired at end of it. Glad to get a few runs in this week. Step it up again next week.
    beeduybe|P&D:33-55|8|6|41m|338m|Sore hamstring meant I substituted hard runs for easy ones as a precaution. Finished week with 10 mile PB :)

beeduybe|P&D:33-55|8|6|41m|338m|Sore hamstring meant I substituted hard runs for easy ones as a precaution. Finished week with 10 mile PB :)
    Mr.Wiggle|RunRepublic sub3.30|5|5|66.5km|299.5km| Found myself changing around mid-week tempo runs to give sore leg a rest.Worked a treat ( he says with aching limbs after todays 15m LSR:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Micilín Muc|P&D:55-70|8|7|107km|772km|Tough 20-miler today. Probably need more sleep and to eat better.
    Mr.Wiggle|RunRepublic sub3.30|5|5|66.5km|299.5km| Found myself changing around mid-week tempo runs to give sore leg a rest.Worked a treat ( he says with aching limbs after todays 15m LSR:p)

Tough 20-miler today. Probably need more sleep and to eat better.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

Micilín Muc|P&D:55-70|8|7|107km|772km|Tough 20-miler today. Probably need more sleep and to eat better.
    D Chief|P&D -55|8|5|88.7km|570.9km|This was a hard week. Found LT run on Friday tough and struggled in last 3k (uphill to home) of this mornings 32k LSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

D Chief|P&D -55|8|5|88.7km|570.9km|This was a hard week. Found LT run on Friday tough and struggled in last 3k (uphill to home) of this mornings 32k LSR.
    irfrm|runners world|6|5|40 m|181m|good week getting all runs done, passed the 1000m for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

irfrm|runners world|6|5|40 m|181m|good week getting all runs done, passed the 1000m for the year
    RedB|P&D - 55|8|5|54M|226M|LT+Endur Week. Very tough week and really struggled with Friday's LT run but was ok then for yesterdays 20M Long Run(without gels) so delighted overall to put in a good week :).

I would be interested in seeing what the different members' goal time is. I seem to be doing the highest mileage but am sure some of you will run a faster race on fewer miles!

I'm training for 3:30 but may revise to 3:25!

I would be interested in seeing what the different members' goal time is. I seem to be doing the highest mileage but am sure some of you will run a faster race on fewer miles!

I'm training for 3:30 but may revise to 3:25!

I was training for sub4 but that was before my injury. Now I'll be thankful to get to starting line but assuming fit for Oct 29th I will probably have to revise target to 4:15. (Current PB 4:45 without any structured plan)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Similar to Micilin Muc my goal time at the moment is sub 3:30 but may aim for a time a little faster than that depending on how the rest of the training goes.

RedRunner wrote: »
    I was training for sub4 but that was before my injury. Now I'll be thankful to get to starting line but assuming fit for Oct 29th I will probably have to revise target to 4:15. (Current PB 4:45 without any structured plan)

I went from 4:42 at DCM '11 to 3:56 in the Connemarathon a few months later. I didn't think it was as big a leap as the difference between 4 hours and 3:30.

Don't sell yourself short as there are still 10 weeks left to the day! You seem to be looking after the injury well too so keep it up!

• Advertisement

Don't sell yourself short as there are still 10 weeks left to the day! You seem to be looking after the injury well too so keep it up!

Thanks Micilín for the positivity. The next 3-4 weeks are crucial for me,then I'll review and see where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Sub 3:30 is my target but also have a 'side race' on the day so might need to shave a few more minutes off that if possible!
    PB is 3:42:xx(2010 chip) so hoping to drop approx 15mins

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

RedB|P&D - 55|8|5|54M|226M|LT+Endur Week. Very tough week and really struggled with Friday's LT run but was ok then for yesterdays 20M Long Run(without gels) so delighted overall to put in a good week :).
    Trigger26 |Club coach sub 3.30|8|4|39M|244M|Did long run of 15 mile easy this week and Gaelforce West at weekend, only counted miles on foot as training

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

jester1980|HH IINT 1|7|5|51km|273.5|Forgotto update last week. Lsr of 15 miles on sunday which went well. Having somone to train with is making life alot easier than when i did on my own before.
    Trigger26 |Club coach sub 3.30|8|4|39M|244M|Did long run of 15 mile easy this week and Gaelforce West at weekend, only counted miles on foot as training

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

3:15 is the aim at the moment but would be happy to break 3:20, did CCM in 3:25 when I struggled the last few miles. Plan is to go out with 3:15 pacers and see how I go.

I somehow managed a 3.23 at the Cork city Marathon in June, jumping in at week7 of the plan i'm now following. I'm looking to maintain that time in Dublin but would be delighted if i could do a sub 3.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

No|Name|Plan|Week|Weekly Sessions|Miles/KM This Week| Total Miles/KM | Comments
    1|liamog|HH Inter 1|7|2|15.0 km| 232.1 km | PB'd in the DLR 10km with a time of 44:10, however that's where the good news end, picked up a niggly ankle injury, so have not ran since Wednesday. Swimming tonight and then back on the road tomorrow hopefully.
    2|Micilín Muc|P&D:55-70|8|7|107km|772km|Tough 20-miler today. Probably need more sleep and to eat better.
    3|RedRunner|HH Inter 1|8|3|15.72m|152.72| Easing myself back into it after injury. Did a 7 mile LSR today.Hip a bit tired at end of it. Glad to get a few runs in this week. Step it up again next week.
    4|Mike D|HH Inter 1|7|5|36m|195.1m|Missed my cross session again this week! Found the 14m lsr tough today but good to get through another week. :)
    5|beeduybe|P&D:33-55|8|6|41m|338m|Sore hamstring meant I substituted hard runs for easy ones as a precaution. Finished week with 10 mile PB :)
    6|Lizzy C|P&D -33-55|7|4|32.09m|253.3m|Week didn't go so well - missed mid week Long Run due to sore foot and had to take trip to physio. Also, did 11m on Sunday LSR instead of 18, because of foot. Think I'm on the mend though...
    7|Skidrow|HH inter1|7|4|29m|184m|Missed 1 of the 7m runs due to groin strain, happy to get through 14m.
    8|Younganne|Ecolis plan|8|2|12.6m|216.93m| only 2 runs done, legs still not 100% so following Physio advice, weekly sessions now required to see if i can make the start line|
    9|run44|HH inter1||5|27m|62mm|Happy to get 5 in this week
    10|D Chief|P&D -55|8|5|88.7km|570.9km|This was a hard week. Found LT run on Friday tough and struggled in last 3k (uphill to home) of this mornings 32k LSR.
    11|Sideline warrior|HH Inter 1|5|5|28.5m|135.9m|Avg pace this week was 8.03 so am going to make concerted effort to slow down on the longer runs. Seems to be best practice. Am in France next week for 2 weeks and am concerned that due to heat it will be tough to get in runs especially LSRs. Will try early morning runs but am not an early runner!
    12|seanie_m|HH Inter 1|5|6|30mi|127.5mi|Was so happy with how this week was going, then for whatever reason my knee just gave up on me early on in tonights LSR, only managed to do half of it. Going to have to take a few days off I fear to let it recover. Aside from that though, was a good week
    13|doledude86|HH Inter 2|5|6|30m|155m|step back week this week
    14|irfrm|runners world|6|5|40 m|181m|good week getting all runs done, passed the 1000m for the year
    15|shels4ever|just run||9|50|50|Just lots of easy runs last week. Head not in the log runs jsut yet but hope to get to grips with them soon.
    16|jester1980|HH IINT 1|7|5|51km|273.5|Forgotto update last week. Lsr of 15 miles on sunday which went well. Having somone to train with is making life alot easier than when i did on my own before.
    17|Van.Bosch|P&D - 55|5|5|45.38M|172.44M|Good Week, got through all the runs and enjoyed the 16M with 10 @PMP.
    18|Mr.Wiggle|RunRepublic sub3.30|5|5|66.5km|299.5km| Found myself changing around mid-week tempo runs to give sore leg a rest.Worked a treat ( he says with aching limbs after todays 15m LSR:p)
    19|RedB|P&D - 55|8|5|54M|226M|LT+Endur Week. Very tough week and really struggled with Friday's LT run but was ok then for yesterdays 20M Long Run(without gels) so delighted overall to put in a good week :).
    20|Trigger26 |Club coach sub 3.30|8|4|39M|244M|Did long run of 15 mile easy this week and Gaelforce West at weekend, only counted miles on foot as training

My oringinal plan was to try and break 4hrs(4.41 & 4.27 previous times) but that will now depend on whether the calf issuse clears up completely. I will review plans in a few weeks after the half!!

I hope no-one minds, i put line numbers in as some weeks it difficult to find where we are when there is so much text.

Younganne wrote: »
    My oringinal plan was to try and break 4hrs(4.41 & 4.27 previous times) but that will now depend on whether the calf issuse clears up completely. I will review plans in a few weeks after the half!!

Sorry to hear of your continued injury problem. Have my own injury issues too as you can see from my low mileage in last few weeks. Hope we both can make a full recovery and say hello face to face on Oct 29th:)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

1|liamog|HH Inter 1|7|2|15.0 km| 232.1 km | PB'd in the DLR 10km with a time of 44:10, however that's where the good news end, picked up a niggly ankle injury, so have not ran since Wednesday. Swimming tonight and then back on the road tomorrow hopefully.
    2|Micilín Muc|P&D:55-70|8|7|107km|772km|Tough 20-miler today. Probably need more sleep and to eat better.
    3|RedRunner|HH Inter 1|8|3|15.72m|152.72| Easing myself back into it after injury. Did a 7 mile LSR today.Hip a bit tired at end of it. Glad to get a few runs in this week. Step it up again next week.
    4|Mike D|HH Inter 1|7|5|36m|195.1m|Missed my cross session again this week! Found the 14m lsr tough today but good to get through another week. :)
    5|beeduybe|P&D:33-55|8|6|41m|338m|Sore hamstring meant I substituted hard runs for easy ones as a precaution. Finished week with 10 mile PB :)
    6|Lizzy C|P&D -33-55|7|4|32.09m|253.3m|Week didn't go so well - missed mid week Long Run due to sore foot and had to take trip to physio. Also, did 11m on Sunday LSR instead of 18, because of foot. Think I'm on the mend though...
    7|Skidrow|HH inter1|8|4|33m|217m|Dropped one of the short runs this week. 15m LSR went ok, no drinks or gels worked ok for me.
    8|Younganne|Ecolis plan|8|2|12.6m|216.93m| only 2 runs done, legs still not 100% so following Physio advice, weekly sessions now required to see if i can make the start line|
    10|D Chief|P&D -55|8|5|88.7km|570.9km|This was a hard week. Found LT run on Friday tough and struggled in last 3k (uphill to home) of this mornings 32k LSR.
    11|Sideline warrior|HH Inter 1|5|5|28.5m|135.9m|Avg pace this week was 8.03 so am going to make concerted effort to slow down on the longer runs. Seems to be best practice. Am in France next week for 2 weeks and am concerned that due to heat it will be tough to get in runs especially LSRs. Will try early morning runs but am not an early runner!
    12|seanie_m|HH Inter 1|5|6|30mi|127.5mi|Was so happy with how this week was going, then for whatever reason my knee just gave up on me early on in tonights LSR, only managed to do half of it. Going to have to take a few days off I fear to let it recover. Aside from that though, was a good week
    14|irfrm|runners world|6|5|40 m|181m|good week getting all runs done, passed the 1000m for the year
    15|shels4ever|just run||9|50|50|Just lots of easy runs last week. Head not in the log runs jsut yet but hope to get to grips with them soon.
    16|jester1980|HH IINT 1|7|5|51km|273.5|Forgotto update last week. Lsr of 15 miles on sunday which went well. Having somone to train with is making life alot easier than when i did on my own before.
    17|Van.Bosch|P&D - 55|5|5|45.38M|172.44M|Good Week, got through all the runs and enjoyed the 16M with 10 @PMP.
    18|Mr.Wiggle|RunRepublic sub3.30|5|5|66.5km|299.5km| Found myself changing around mid-week tempo runs to give sore leg a rest.Worked a treat ( he says with aching limbs after todays 15m LSR:p)
    19|RedB|P&D - 55|8|5|54M|226M|LT+Endur Week. Very tough week and really struggled with Friday's LT run but was ok then for yesterdays 20M Long Run(without gels) so delighted overall to put in a good week :).
    20|Trigger26 |Club coach sub 3.30|8|4|39M|244M|Did long run of 15 mile easy this week and Gaelforce West at weekend, only counted miles on foot as training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jim0

7|Skidrow|HH inter1|8|4|33m|217m|Dropped one of the short runs this week. 15m LSR went ok, no drinks or gels worked ok for me.
    21|Jim0 |P&D - 55|8|4|80.57km|510.73km|So far, so good. P&D's midweek sessions ramping up scarily.

Advertisement